Bumbles REAL LIFE diary!

Bumblebum

Ok...so why am I calling this my "Real Life" diary???

Well...all those diets...calorie counting, slimming world, slimfast, weightwatchers etc....they're not real life to me. They're "being on a diet".

I am SO fed up with starting afresh every Monday and then feeling like a bloody failure by Tuesday. All those rules and limits that are imposed. I've had enough of it all!

So I'm going for healthy eating (which, by the way, I am actually quite good at!). I will exercise as much as I WANT to. I enjoy exercise but have been, in the past, compelled to do it to earn extra points or calories. I will do it now to suit me and to support my CHOSEN lifestyle.

Mmm...am sounding very bolshy! :D But am just so pleased to reach the point where I feel I can do this without the constant badgering of other people, without books or charts or graphs. I feel free, happy and in control!!!:D

So...menu today:

B: 2 slices wholemeal toast and marmite
L: Egg sarnie, quavers and a pear
D: Lean steak grill, new pots, beans
Snacks: cream crackers, apple
Drinks: loads of water and coffee

Have to up my veg but that will happen over the next week. Want to do my 5 a day and feel I can probably do that so thats my personal target for this week.:)

Bumble
x

Hi Bumblebum, Glad that you have decided how and what you are going to do for your future programme but... perhaps you are being just a tad unrealistic!?!

Whatever we decide to do we can't help being human and that means we are bound to have a blip from time to time, wouldn't you agree?
AND that's the problem really ... accepting that things happen to put us off course and how we deal with it.
Why do I say that? Because the minute you class yourself as a "failure" you are bound to be on a downward spiral... :D
Far better to either assimilate the blip into the programme as much as possible or just accept you had an off day and get back on the wagon as soon as possible.

Wishing you all the very best on this your "new" attempt.. I am sure you can do it...:girlpower:

(Hope you are a girl!!) ... lol!

In what way am I being unrealistic?? I intend to eat healthily. Didn't say I expected to be a five a day saint forever. Just want to change my eating habits so "blips" aren't such a huge issue.

I said I will exercise to support my chosen lifestyle. Sorry, I didn't explain that properly. Yes, I like a glass of wine or two, and I like takeaways as much as the next person. This is about me exercising more to improve my fitness AND support my lifestyle choices.

Yes I KNOW things put us off course occasionally. I just want to be able to deal with those things like a "normal" person would rather than panic about calories etc.:( Why is that being unrealistic?

EDIT - sorry, sounded like a right miserable mare (yes I am a girl lol!!!)

Back