Extra Easy Burger help needed!!

CJxxx

I really fancy a burger with my salad tonight but have no clue what ones to buy. Hubby is doing a tesco dash on his way home so I need to guide him!

Any recommendations? I'm happy with veggie or meat just fancy a burger with a couple of big flat mushrooms instead of a bun.

CJxxx

Buy extra lean mince and make some with onion, seasoning and a splash of Worcestershire sauce. Free!

Not sure on bought burgers but they all have syns as far as I know!

I agree with making your own, yummy and you can make them free. But if you really don't want to

tesco's everyday value burgers are 4.5 syns
their meat free burgers (the ones that look like meat ones) are 1 syns each
their new york style beef burgers are 3 syns each

all frozen

or their chilled venison burgers are 1 syn each.... from the chilled section (wouldn't mind trying those ones myself)

Prior to sw when making burgers I did them in a pan with oil. I made them by binding mince with egg and onion, I then coated it in flour. Do you guys cook home made burgers in a pan or oven and do you coat it with anything like flour to stop it sticking?

we do them either in the George Foreman or on the Griddle pan, don't use any oil on the Foreman but a little bit of frylight on the griddle pan

Prior to sw when making burgers I did them in a pan with oil. I made them by binding mince with egg and onion, I then coated it in flour. Do you guys cook home made burgers in a pan or oven and do you coat it with anything like flour to stop it sticking?

I just chuck the mince in a bowl with a chopped red onion, sprinkle of aromat and a dash of soy sauce. It binds great on it's own, so no need for an egg (although it would still be free if you wanted to add it). I stuff my burgers with either grated cheese, babybels or laughing cow light, and then just pop them on a lined baking tray sprayed with Frylight. Have never known them to stick, and they come out delish!

Thank you for all your advice - the homemade burgers sound lovely! Will defo give them a go however I simply won't get chance tonight as WI (eeeek!) & as I am already starving & want something super quick that DH can cook whilst I'm out.

Have opted for Quorn Chilli & Lime Burgers (1.5syns) Hoping they taste ok - I'm already salivating!!! Hmmmm nice big salad, mushrooms & a bit of sweetcorn relish in the side. Could even have my HexB hunk of cheese grated in the top! Yum!!!

CJxxx

Yum! Going to try those ones. I am making burgers tonight with a carribbean twist. All purpose seasoning, garlic & chilli plus a bit of reggae reggae sauce on top!

I like the asda or tescos own meat free burgers, 1 syn each. Not tried to make my own as I'm not fussed on meat and hate really thick burgers and home made ones always look really thick lol suppose I could make them thin

Malcolm Allen burgers you get in Adds are free, massive too and 4 in a pack. They have the Scottish Slimmers logo in them, they are lush! x

Back