Burnt offerings

amm451

Do Over
Hey everyone thought I would lighten the mood on this glorious monday.

Usually I am not a bad cook but I made the cardinal sin and burnt Boiled Eggs. Didn't think it was possible meself but hey... have a laugh on me today.

dont feel bad i ve burt boiled eggs loads of times. made crisps with very thinly sliced potatos sprayed wi fry light and cos they were so thin they burt to i was gutted.

so its not just u lol i cant cook either (even once burt micro chips)

Debs x hehehe

made crisps with very thinly sliced potatos sprayed wi fry light and cos they were so thin they burt to i was gutted.

you need to put the oven on as LOW as possible and leave them in overnight, 50 degrees or lower really

I too have burnt boiled eggs, infact its a regular thing in our house! so you're not alone! xxx

lol, I went to centre parcs a few weeks ago and a girl I was staying in the villa with (who is late 30's) asked me if I knew how to cook oven chips as she had never cooked!!

!!

My son put my bowl for my weighing scales in the microwave yesterday.. melted it:mad:

I have exploded eggs... cremated jacket potatoes.. made rice crusty and pasta chewy..

I was making scouse (stew) years ago in the pressure cooker, everything was going so well until i heard this strange noise coming from the kitchen i ran out (which was a feat in itself as i had gone 2 days over my due date for my sons birth and was huge) only to see the full contents of the pan spurting up through the tiny presssure hole in the lid, it covered my ceiling and stuck fast. Still don't know what happened, scared the life out of me though and still went 2 more days over, think he was scared to come out after that. Lol. xxx

A few years back, in my student days, I exploded eggs. I heard a bang in the kitchen but didn't think much of it. A while later I heard another bang followed by glass smashing. Slightly unnerved (thinking I was being broken in to), got off my bum went into the kitchen to find the eggs and saucepan had exploded! The handle of the pan had gone through the window! If you think this sounds extreme you should hear the story I made up to the landlord as to how the window broke! x

OMG I'm going to cry I have just burnt my PRECIOUS cheese on toast cos I came in here to read this while it was under the grill :wave_cry: Px

Wow you guys have got me laughing glad its not just me!

Erm but how you burn boiled eggs! Im lost - I burn stuff all the time lol
xxx

oh it's easy put eggs in pan with water, turn up heat and go watch telly or come on the forum a while later pan has boiled dry and when u peel the egg they are all brown under the skin. expert u see lol

Debs x

eeew!! hahahaha I wanna try and see I aint gna tho lol
x

Careful though cause mine started to make popping noises and were on the verge of exploding... now theres a mess I didn't need to clean up!

oh it's easy put eggs in pan with water, turn up heat and go watch telly or come on the forum a while later pan has boiled dry and when u peel the egg they are all brown under the skin. expert u see lol

Debs x

Yup thats exactly how it is Debs xxx

Back