Extra Easy Bus Trip

eilidhsmummy

Hi

I am going to London on Thursday on the Megabus from Glasgow for a wedding, it will take around 9 hours, I am looking for ideas for things to take with me as I get bored easily, dont want to have to buy anything from service stations and need to stick to my diet as much as possible as I will be eating out all the time when I am there as we will be staying in the Travelodge in Croydon.

Plus anybody know of anywhere good in Croydon that we could eat that I can stick to my diet and take our 2 year old with us.

Thank you

Laura x

Take some boiled sweets with you for the journey (1 syn each) they last for ages if you suck them and you feel like your having a little treat! Fruit like grapes that you can pick at are always good! - take more than you think you'll need that way you know you've got it there if you want it!!

Sorry i dont know Croydon but my tips would be...
Be menu wise when you eat out, dont eat anything with creamy, sticky, etc in the title as this is normally high in syns. Ask how things have been cooked (in oil etc) and for sauces, gravies, etc seperate to the plate. Most restaurants will adjust the menu for you for minimal things ie no butter on veges/potatoes

How you all have a good time!! :)

Hi

This has got a list of all the restaurants in Croydon:
Restaurants | Welcome to Croydon Town Centre (although it doesn't have much info on the site, but it might just be a starting point).

The postcode of the Travelodge is CR0 1LH which may help to see how far things are away. It really is central in Croydon but quite a few places are a bit further south on the retail park.

Scotch eggs! Recipe for SW friendly ones in recipe section

xx

try some carrot sticks and celery sticks crunch value. A pot of yogurt will keep that long. A small pot of hummus to dip carrot sticks in

Pkt sugar free polos 4 syns a pk and make some tuna pasta should fill u up a bit too :0)

at the moment i am thinking loads of superspeed fruit already prepared before we leave and a few bottles of diluting juice, dont want to be peeing the whole way there though!

Here are some of my ideas... I normally make up a pack lunch with some of the various things when i go to watch banger racing which is basically a 10 hour day.

How about making up some BLT sarnies?
Packets of meat e.g. ham, chicken,
Diet cokes
Boiled eggs
pitta bread with your fav filling
Quavers are good for 4.5 or 5.5 syns (depending on weight)
pasta salad
oranges
apples

Have a fabulous trip and an extra fabulous weekend x

its not till thursday @ 8:30am, we will be down in london for 3 days, home on sunday night x

sorry my lovely - i thought it was last week for some reason!!

xx

Back