busy life with kids

Laurenmum

Hi all, am very new, just registered in fact.
I've been looking at the Atkins books for a couple of weeks and although it all makes perfect sense I keep postponing my start date. My main problem is what to have for breakfast (got 3 kids to get to school and nursery) and lunch (at work). Any ideas? :confused:
I am a total carb addict so it will be tough anyway but not knowing what to prepare will just make it even harder, I think. Oh and I'm a grazer as well...
Any help is greatly appreciated!

looks like your going to need a lot of organisation!

doesnt mean it cant be done :D

lost of snacky foods that can be made in advance for the next day..

good luck!

Hi and welcome!

Ok well you could make a batch of muffins (flourless) every Sunday and have one every weekday- they are quite yummy. You could also hard boil an egg the previous night and keep it in the frigde for the morning. As for grazing- keep some lunncheon meats in the fridge that you can pick at, or pork cracklings are quite good as well- i had my first ever packet yesterday and though I found them and the smell a bit sickly other people on hear swear by them and i also want to get used to them as they are a good snack. I have found that cheese stalls me but if you are ok with it you can get mini babybells and little sticks of cheese for when you are out and about. I think this is actually one of the easier diets to do when you are out and about as you get to choose what and when you eat. Good luck hun!

x

Thanks for the ideas!
I've had a look at the recipes and meal plans and am looking forward to trying out new things. It's going to be a whole new way of looking at eating.
I think you're right and it will take a lot of organisation, but it's getting embarassing when my 2yr old squeezes my tummy and calls it his favourite pillow :D especially on the bus...so it's gotta be done!

kids....they do have a way with words dont they! *rolls eyes*

hi, i am also a busy mum of 5. my 2 eldest have flown the nest but i have 2 babies age 3 and 2. they keep me on my toes and some times it isnt possible to cook my atkins food so i always make sure that when i have time i cook extra so that there is always somthing there that i can eat.
pork scrathings and pepperami's are a great snack to treat yourself to when u are out and about.
also u can do yourself a microwaved scramble egg in the mornings :D
sorry not much help but im only on my 2nd week

Thanks, all!!!
Have put my start date on next monday.
I'm making my shopping list with help from this site. I like the book, but find this site more practical, less general.

I think you're right and it will take a lot of organisation, but it's getting embarassing when my 2yr old squeezes my tummy and calls it his favourite pillow especially on the bus...so it's gotta be done!

LOL, LMAO!! I'm in bits here.

Welcome and I hop Atkins works for you. My breakfast is usually left overs from the night before. As for snacks think anything meaty really, I used to fry up a load of sausages on induction, just to keep for snacks or for a quick and easy lunch.

Welcome and I hop Atkins works for you. My breakfast is usually left overs from the night before. As for snacks think anything meaty really, I used to fry up a load of sausages on induction, just to keep for snacks or for a quick and easy lunch.

That's a fab idea, thanks Jim! I popped into Tesco on my way home last night and was STARVING! Dinner wasn't going to be for about another hour or so yet, so I grabbed a cooked hot sausage from the hot counter. Was delish! :D

LOL, LMAO!! I'm in bits here.

Thanks, Jim!
I'm so happy I found this forum, there's so many great tips and help!

It takes a while to find your way around love, but it's all on here somewhere. :)

how are you getting on Laurenmum?

Online grocery shop done and off to Holland & Barret tomorrow for vits and supplements!
Can't wait to get started - only reason I haven't yet is because of a bottle wine that needs finishing :flirt2:.
Am starting sunday instead of monday though. You all are such a positive force, it's like the perfect group meeting and I don't feel I'm going it alone this time!!!

Welcome hun this is my 1st week back on Atkins so wouldnt like to give any advice or tips really incase im wrong :rolleyes::rolleyes:

The diet is great thou lost a fair wack on it last time im the same as you i only have 1 daughter (Lauren) but we have to be out the house every morning at 7am to drop her to nursery and to get me to work for 8 so i find it hard to prepare i must try and get more organised.

Good luck im sure you will do fantastic

Yep, working mummies' key word is organize! :p
Am hoping to boil a couple of eggs and fry some sausages in advance for Monday. That way, when I get home I can tuck into them instead of crisps or toast. And I'm attempting some meal planning (my mother would be proud!). Not sure I can do any more organizing than that...what with the kids going back to school and studying part-time, I've filled the quota.
Also bought a fitness DVD and a cheap track suit to get moving a bit...not my fave thing to do but even my biggest jeans is getting really tight - as in, having to lie down to do up the zipper :cry:
How was your 1st week back Carlah?

Back