Butcher that does SW food

Topper78

I remember hearing about a butcher in the lancashire area who does syn free or low syn products for slimming world members. I think he takes orders from some groups. Has anyone heard of this and if so where is the shop and what is it called? Seem to remember it being accrington way(?????) if that helps?

We have a butcher who does sw friendly stuff. They do sw beef olives, chicken dishes and burgers and loads of other lovely stuff. The only problem is it is extortionate. I bought 3 of the beef olives and was about £7!! That is in glasgow though.

I remember hearing about a butcher in the lancashire area who does syn free or low syn products for slimming world members. I think he takes orders from some groups. Has anyone heard of this and if so where is the shop and what is it called? Seem to remember it being accrington way(?????) if that helps?
Littlewoods Butchers in Stockport has been approved and tested by SW.

Address:
5 School lane
Heaton Chapel
SK4 5DE

This is the butcher based at Oswaldtwistle Mills in Hyndburn (Accrington). He comes to the groups in the area every 2 weeks (I'm in Burnley) and sells meat products endorsed by SW. Stuff like syn free sausages, meatballs, burgers etc. A bit expensive but that's because everything is made of just low fat meat and none of the cereal stuff that's put in to bulk up 'normal' products. Well worth it. I always stock up on the sausages for my syn free cooked brekkies.

The is a butchers just outside Wrexham that make SW sausages / burgers etc. x

This is the butcher based at Oswaldtwistle Mills in Hyndburn (Accrington). He comes to the groups in the area every 2 weeks (I'm in Burnley) and sells meat products endorsed by SW. Stuff like syn free sausages, meatballs, burgers etc. A bit expensive but that's because everything is made of just low fat meat and none of the cereal stuff that's put in to bulk up 'normal' products. Well worth it. I always stock up on the sausages for my syn free cooked brekkies.

Thanks Melanie. Do you know the name of his shop or is it the only butchers there? Not going to class at the moment due to work commitments but fancy a trip out to try his products.

He is the only butcher there as far as I know - he has a shop in the mills that does meat, cheese etc. Well worth the trip - fill that freezer!

oh i wish we had a butcher that did slimming world stuff. we have a sandwich shop near us who the owner is on slimming world and she has beenapproved by them to sell their meals. basically you ring up and give her at least 48 hours notice and you have to order minimum two dishes but she will make you anything out of any of the slimming worldbooks and magazines. she makes them in the silver take away tubs so you can buy in bulk and freeze. shes not that expensive either and will adapt anything if say you dont like one ingredient. loads of people who work shifts at our group use her and shes always sending tasters in for us to try. perfect for non cooks like me lol

The is a butchers just outside Wrexham that make SW sausages / burgers etc. x

Ohhh which side of just outside Wrexham? I'm in Connah's Quay, so Wrexham isn't too far to drive for a stock up on SW burgers and sausages :D

There was a butcher on Chester market, but he's stopped making the SW sausages apparently :( I may and go stand outside of his stall with placard until he starts making them again LOL

order online? wooohooo! (sorry I missed that link)

OMG I'm in sausage heaven LOL

The Oswaldtwistle Mills butchers is called Ye Olde Sausage Shop. Probably on the internet somewhere. He's the one that visits our classes.

The Oswaldtwistle Mills butchers is called Ye Olde Sausage Shop. Probably on the internet somewhere. He's the one that visits our classes.

Just googled Yo olde Sausage shop and it looks like that's the shop I have heard of. I am off for a trip there tomorrow....I can't wait!!! Is that as sad as it sounds???? LOL x

Are they free? seem really reasonably priced....very excited at prospect!

she sighs...am I right that they only deliver locally? Makes sense I suppose...

Back