ButtErFlies-In It To Win It

Wannabeelovely.. Big hugs to you and your devoted man.. There are some really good guys out there. xx

Hi everyone! I've had an extremely distressing 24 hours! My internet was down and I couldnt come on here and speak to you all!!!!! I've been reading your posts and feel truly humbled by your amazing stories of survival and bravery - I've been so lucky to be married to the same wonderful bloke for 22 years and I've just gone up to him and given him a big kiss cos I don't show him often enough how much I love and appreciate him. He's been a bloody saint really over the years as I've suffered badly with depression and was suicidal at one point in my life. I had a lot of treatment and now feel better than I've ever done - thats why I want to get to grips with the last vestiges of my illness - my weight. Its all to do with a very complicated relationship with my mother and the mental torture of never being made to feel good enough or loved by her. She has issues herself and told me when I was a teenager that she was disappointed that she had a girl and overjoyed when she had my younger brother. Its all stemmed from there really. Hey-ho! Its all in the past and, although I still see her regularly, she can't hurt me anymore although she criticises me and tries to put me down constantly, I just know that the problem lies with her and not me. Life can be hard but it can also be wonderful and thats what I want my life to be. Hope you don't mind me telling you all this but your stories have given me the courage to say it - cos I don't usually tell anyone. Strange eh?

By the way, I went to get a new bra yesterday cos my boobies are hanging on my knees and I've gone from a 40H to a 36G in 3 weeks! I feel like this diet is the best thing ever - and you lot are the best thing ever too!! All for one and one for all!!!!!!!!! Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fab news on the new bra.. I've lost 3 inches from my bust and know my cup size has gone down too, not sure by how much, but my bra's are definately not giving me 4 boobs anymore, lol. xx:D;):):D

That 'double decker' effect is not a good look is it? My boobs were aching all the time before I did this cos they were squeezed into my bra and now they feel great - a bit saggier than they were 20 years ago but great!!!!!! Maybe one day, I'll dare to venture into Anne Summers and buy a nice lacy jobbie - I think my hubby would have a heart attack cos he's so used to me covering up!!!!!

See you Nikki! Hope work goes well! xxx

Thanks Contrarytintagel! I've never been on a forum before this one but I'm finding it a really positive experience and its really helping me stay focussed. Just hope I can keep it up for the next 5 or 6 months - to get to my target weight is a dream thats almost too painful to think about so I'm just taking it day by day, hour by hour and going for it! xxx

hiya guys, reading some of your messages about your lives really hits home with me. I've been hiding behind my body for a few years, which I have recently realised is my protection from being hurt again (violent ex). I have spent last few years thinking I can't trust my own judgement etc.

I am now ready to start again and hopefully this time on the CD I can do it.

Look forward to chating to you all xx

Welcome to the group Susan, and thanks for sharing! And thanks to all of you as well.

Hi, just been reading the post put on since this morning and they are humbling,
I’ve been married to Glenn for 23 years, and have a 20 years old son, I had a fabulous relationship with my parents when I was growing up, and still do, as I was an only one I had all their attention.
I had ponies and then horses from when I was 2, it was the family hobby, 3 of us rode together Aunt cousin and me, every weekend we were at horse show, in the week I has Dance lessons and Swimming lessons and I was as fit as a fiddle.
I was trying to understand why my weight has gotten out of control, I can’t blame my childhood , I can’t blame my great marriage, I met my husband when I was 17 (25 Years ago) and passed my driving test the same year so stop walking or riding my bike.
I have always eaten well and when I was doing all the exercise I was OK, but when I got married and we were cooking for ourselves (instead of Mum) I think the food got worse and the meals got bigger.
It feels awful somehow that I should not have let it happen, there was no excuse.
The only thing I can put it down to is greed, but no more we are both on CD and we will see it to the end. xx

Wow Louie! You sound like you had an idyllic childhood - the sort I would have loved. I can see that you cherish those memories and that you love your family very much! Whatever the reason you've gained over the years, its all water under the bridge and now you can undo whats been done so carry on being positive and go for it! Its there for the taking!!! xxx

Like you Loui Lou I haven't had a really terrible childhood, or been in a bad relationship. I wish I could change a few things about my childhood of course. That's where I think it all started. I always loved the bad food stuff, and ate lots when we had any at home (usually we did only have healthy stuff, so the bad things I longed for).

My skinny younger sister ate little (she is still skinny). And there where more attention on her from my mothers side. I was closer to my dad, but since he was away some, I was left feeling a bit out at times. Comments like "should you really have a second" from my mom really hurt. Especially when she just encouraged my sister to have some more food. Sure, the right way to go maybe, but that's not what I heard when I was a young teenager. And "should you really be making those cookies? You know you will be fat if you continue?", and all I heard was "I won't love you if you are fat". So sure, I think my obsession with food, and the right and wrong food, I got from home. But I don't really know how it started that I was wanting the bad stuff.

Here there is a lot of talk about "Sugar addiction", and some people think you can be an addictive personality, and just crave this things (same as with alcohol and drugs). I have been tested for it, and sure enough I had an sugar addiction. But it is not a "real" term or science that the doctors use. I tested on a private health care place. I don't know what to think about it. In some ways is takes away my responsibility for myself, and that I don't like. I do think we have a choice.

I have a great boyfriend since 8 years. We live together and I started piling on weight when we first met. We celebrated with food and wine almost every night the first time we were together, did what we wanted, had lots of fun. We both put on weight. He never said anything negative about my weight, on the contrary if any. He loves my curves, and finds my body sexy as it is, which I right now just laugh at him when he says. Since I don't in any way at all. He doesn't want me to bee too skinny, and he sometimes question me why I don't just love my body and leave it bee. He is happy with it, and so should I be he thinks, haha. But now he understands where I am coming from. It has nothing to do with him, but my feelings about myself.

He is supportive of the CD, but he think it is extremely boring not having dinner with me in the evenings (he eats alone since I don't want to put myself through that). And he misses the social events that we have around food.

Whatever the reasons for us all putting on weight - the main thing is that we all want to lose now and take control of our bodies so for that reason we should all try and stay positive and think of our new slim future and the support we can all give each other xx

welcome susan,
for an item of clothing to get into, my step daughter who is 13 and the same hight as me has a pair of black skinnies size 8 but they are a big 8, these are what i would like to get into eventually, lol xxx

I would love to fit back into a dress I wore for Millenium new year - Yes I kept it . I felt really good in it so when I fit into it then I'll be so proud x

Ooh - I love skinnies! My 17 year old daughter wears them all the time and I'd give anything to fit in a pair. Wow - what a fab achievement that would be eh?

I have a size 10 dress that I wore for my brothers wedding in 1993!! It sits at the back of my wardrobe and the single reason I've still got it is because I've never given up hope of fitting in it again - not that I'd wear it in public cos its slightly out of date now!!!

Hi girlies,

Just got back from 4th weigh in and i lost 8lbs, quite pleased with that. xx

2 lbs to the 2 stone mark.

Husband 3rd weigh in he lost 6lbs. xx

Last edited:
wow thatys fantastic, just realized thats nearly 2 stone, well done you xxx

Back