ButtErFlies-In It To Win It

........... and thank you all for your kind, positive upbeat comments to keep me going!
Much appreciated xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi girls! Thanks for the support. I don't know whats wrong with me, I just continued on the weekend behavior today. It is just so much going on during the summer. People coming here to visit, going out in the evenings. I know it sounds, and actually is, all full of excuses. But I feel like I am missing out on summer really! But I better make a decision. I could postpone CD to the fall, but I don't want to do that either. I want to continue on my CD journey now, and be done by October/November or what I had original calculated with. It just feels like such a LONG way to go! Usually I can shift focus and just focus on the small steps, but this past week I am really struggling. Well done on your WI Zoe, that is amazing! How are things in your new home Nikki?

hi girls, keep going asa you can do it, look how far youve come,
sorry ive not been on much, having a really crap day, trouble with step daughter and her mum, will tell tomorrow when i have more time, maybe some advice needed, you girls are great for all sorts of help not just cd, i appreciate that, feel like a holiday on my own.... anyone got a spare room lol. off to bed, also to sulk (clare) lol, night all xxx

sorry ive not been on much, having a really crap day, trouble with step daughter and her mum, will tell tomorrow when i have more time, maybe some advice needed, you girls are great for all sorts of help not just cd, i appreciate that, feel like a holiday on my own.... anyone got a spare room lol. off to bed, also to sulk (clare) lol, night all xxx

Feel completely free to join me on my quest of SULKING young lady! xxx xxx

Sorry to hear that Claira!

I am better today, I think the negative bug has left me :D. Now full speed ahead toward my goal!

Asa,
I know exactly how you feel.... I was hanging out the washing Sunday afternoon and my mum was comin over to stay, I thought how lovely it would be to have some ch""se, W!ne & nibbles in the later afternoon sun, chat etc etc.... I was then angry with myself that I'd let myslf get to a point with my weight that it was completely out of control... You cannot help but feel that you are missing out, BUT try to think that by missing out on these few short weeks actually means that this autumn, winter & next summer you will be super slim and enjoyin every minute of it! Not having the moment then wishing you'd not done it after as its held up your diet plans for another week!

HANG IN THERE and this journey can be a short one back to the real world of food! xx xx xx

And Zoe - WELL DONE (cow, I'm am totally jealous) lol lol lol xxxx

Morning ladies, Just a warning about the hidden side effects and dangers of this diet.... today, in one hour in fact...I have a really important interview. Ironed outfit, tried on and ****!!!!!!!!! falling off me. So big I really can't wear it and have nothing else to wear. Mad dash to sainsburys in rush hour traffic and have the same trousers in size 14. Too tight. So off to interview looking like I'm trying to pull. **** and blast. I'm sure I'll see the funny side and happy side of this later.

Moral of the story - keep trying clothes on daily!!! Have a great day xxxx

Lol Contrarytintagel, it's a great side effect though all be it an expensive one with all the new clothes buying. Well done on dropping a size. I had to take a dress back this week and swapped it for the same -2 sizes smaller, was well chuffed. Zoe xx

Thanks Clare, you are doing fab too. I'm sure you are gonna lose big this week hun. Zoe xx

Doh-what am I like :eek: will change that right now. My god I definately don't want to repeat weeks. Thanks girls.

Nikki, I have stuck to ss religiously without a single morsel passing my lips. I just keep thinking that by xmas with no hiccups I will be at goal and that thought is keeping me going :) Zoe xx

Thats great Zoe, i'm on ss+ and 3 is the most I loose a week, but thats ok, I'm a slow looser, lol, its almost a stone a month, which is still good. There was a few posts last week and a person on the forum had lost 10lb in week 8, thats fantastic. I'm aiming for 2 this week. xxx

Hi Butterlylot!
Still hanging on in there... Havin an early night and not coz I am sulking have the headache from hell! Poo Pah - hate headaches... Still Monday is over (thank god - worst day EVER invented....) onwards and upwards for my 4th CD week! xxxxxxxxxxxx

Keep going Clare,yr doing amazing.. I get bad head aches too, just up your water and pain killers at the ready :D. xxx

Hi girls! Thanks for the support. I don't know whats wrong with me, I just continued on the weekend behavior today. It is just so much going on during the summer. People coming here to visit, going out in the evenings. I know it sounds, and actually is, all full of excuses. But I feel like I am missing out on summer really! But I better make a decision. I could postpone CD to the fall, but I don't want to do that either. I want to continue on my CD journey now, and be done by October/November or what I had original calculated with. It just feels like such a LONG way to go! Usually I can shift focus and just focus on the small steps, but this past week I am really struggling. Well done on your WI Zoe, that is amazing! How are things in your new home Nikki?

Keep going Asa, you have come so far to let it go til Sep now.. Even if you do CD 6 days a week at ss and have a weekend day of 1000 cals, you'll still loose and just think of how good you felt when you went away for the weekend having lost all that weight.

Things are going ok in my new home thanks hunni, a few hiccups with the kids, but they get on really well together, its just what they do which affects us, which I'm sure will iron out in the next few months. Its been nice not having Ian's mum on the phone every day (she and his dad have been away), as she used to always be around the house daily too.. I won't put a stop to them doing that, but will limit it as I work and need my quiet time, :D. Thats my excuse anyway, I always feel I'm on trial with them, and know that they must be worrying about their grandson's but there is no need as they are happy and full to the brim with the "mothering" I have been doing with them all. xxx

:D

Claira.. help is at hand hunni, ask away and a spare room I have :D, with a pub at the end of the road, lol.. You'll be fine, but do understand family issues, anything I can help you with, just say. xxx

Contrary.. hun, more money on more clothes, how great :), CD does make changes to us daily and I understand about thd baggy clothes. I'm in a pair of suit trousers today (size 18) and I can put a fist down the front of them, lol.. Need to get a size 16 for sure. Really worry about going shopping and trying on clothes tho, as know I've lost weight, feel it, look it and much fitter too, but did the shopping thing last month and got really down as the next size down in Next didn't fit :(, so put me off going. Need to do that again before I go away on hols (3 weeks today), as some of my tops look like tents now, lol. xxx

Hi Nikki, I am usually a slow loser on other diets too. You are doing great Nikki and 2lb a week is brilliant. A stone a month is what I am aiming for too.

Asa, I hope your feeling better hun, you are doing so well. Zoe xx

Good morning flutterflies, (lol, Clare, Butterlylot, lol,, I have been giggling quietly at that) we are sooo shedding our weight, its great to see all of our stats. Having posted about 5 posts already, time to let someone else get a word in, lol.. So have a good day ladies and I'll chat a bit later. xxxx

hi ladies
feel a bit better today
well nikki basically, step daughter not stayed for 1 month she usually stays every other week, she is nearly 13, always got on well with her, she is a cold little girl, but warmed to me and really loves her little brother, has another brother at home whos 5 she doeant really get on with, and hates her step dad, i have been really encouraging her to try to get on better with them and have more respect for her mum, she has had problems with her behaviour, we have helped out and sorted it. i want g to come to my mums 5oth, cos i think its important as i feel g is part of my family, she wants to go to friends instead, dad is annoyed cos its his w/e and said no your coming, i am upset to, gs mum said she can do what she wants and claire and her family dont count anyway, i have been a really good stepmum for last 6yrs and always put her first, even over charlie sometimes, but her mum says she can do what ever she wants now and come as and when she feels like, matt has another son another woman lol, he is 16 and doesnt come over much, but matt never really saw him much, charlie is confused by this, matt has been a great dad to g and always saw her and made efforts, i dont want charlie getting confused about g aswell. if she doesnt come for months on end, and matt says she does not have the right to tell us when she feels like coming she is a child, he has decided to see a solicitor and in the mean time only let her come for t every friday and not stay over w/e , all we wanted was for her mum to back us up, as we always support her,
sorry long winded but it really got me down xxxxx

hi ladies
feel a bit better today
well nikki basically, step daughter not stayed for 1 month she usually stays every other week, she is nearly 13, always got on well with her, she is a cold little girl, but warmed to me and really loves her little brother, has another brother at home whos 5 she doeant really get on with, and hates her step dad, i have been really encouraging her to try to get on better with them and have more respect for her mum, she has had problems with her behaviour, we have helped out and sorted it. i want g to come to my mums 5oth, cos i think its important as i feel g is part of my family, she wants to go to friends instead, dad is annoyed cos its his w/e and said no your coming, i am upset to, gs mum said she can do what she wants and claire and her family dont count anyway, i have been a really good stepmum for last 6yrs and always put her first, even over charlie sometimes, but her mum says she can do what ever she wants now and come as and when she feels like, matt has another son another woman lol, he is 16 and doesnt come over much, but matt never really saw him much, charlie is confused by this, matt has been a great dad to g and always saw her and made efforts, i dont want charlie getting confused about g aswell. if she doesnt come for months on end, and matt says she does not have the right to tell us when she feels like coming she is a child, he has decided to see a solicitor and in the mean time only let her come for t every friday and not stay over w/e , all we wanted was for her mum to back us up, as we always support her,
sorry long winded but it really got me down xxxxx

Ohh claira, I see the problem.

Ok, my advice is (having worked closely with kids with issues for 9 years) is that if you force your step daughter to go, she'll resent you for it. But what you could do is offer her choices.. You could offer her the choice of come with us for half the day and we will drop you off at your friends after, or..suggest she swaps her W/E seeing her dad and see's him the week after instead, but you then go an visit your parents with her then? It must be hard for her to be torn between 2 families who are trying to give her everything, but she is a teenager with her own mind, and that means, that whatever you say she'll do what she wants to.. You just need to make it inviting for her, so that she feels she has choices rather then just "you need to come with us". With re to her having a "right to see you", she has her right to choose, so as long as she see's that, but the opportunities to be with you and her Dad are good, then she'll opt for that. I think all said and done, it needs to be her choice, or she may start resenting the week's she feel's she "has" to spend with her Dad, rather then enjoying it and she'll respect you both more for it too, as she'll feel like you're treating her much more as an adult (which she is becoming). If her mum isn't happy with the set up, she won't back you up anyway, so, handle this with your stepdaughter, without involving the ex wife and I'm sure you'll get better results.

Have you asked her what she like's to do with Charlie when she visit's? Maybe she has some idea's? If she feel's involved with that, that will also make her feel like she is really trusted too. xx

Hope that make sense.. xxx

Last edited:
every w/e she chooses what we do, then mopes the whole time, which i know is a teenage thing, she decided she wasnt coming this week after she had gone home but had told me for the last month she was coming, we offered to drop her to party or back but cant do both, she lives 20miles away from my mum, so we would have to do 80miles round trip both ways we said her mum could do one journey, but she wont, if she had thought about it earlier they could have also asked her grandad matts dad, but she left it all to late. we are always swapping w/e which is fine but this one was already swapped for another party and a w/e with mates so we have been bumped 3 times now in a row, we dont mind 1 or 2 but charlie askes when g is coming and we keep saying this week, this week, he cries for her and he doesnt understand she has a different mummy to live with than him. we are always accomidating and every week do something that she wants to do, even if i have to palm charlie off for cinema trips, but im not going to do that now. it will have to be something for both of them which is hard when ones 2 and ones 13 lol.
i feel the mum is being spiteful,
me and g has always got on great and she has u funny relationship with her mum, her mum doesnt like me because of this, but i never try to be her mum or interfere in that role, i wouldnt like it done to me, and i encourage her to show her mum respect and help around the house, i think her mum is just enjoying geting me wound up. im sure it will all blow over hhhhhhhhh x

i appreciate any help i have only worked with younger kids not adelescents(spelt wrong ) lol xxx
and being a mum yourself also helps xx

Aww Claira, really feel for you hun. Sounds like she is good at minipulating situations, so perhaps all pressure off and take a step back, reverse psychology if you like. There are a lot of things you can do with both 3 and 13 yr olds, Bowling, Cinema, beach day, park day, zoo day, not sure what theme parks are in your area's? But plently to do in this weather for sure, esp with summer shows most weekends now. Good luck hun. xxx

Back