ButtErFlies-In It To Win It

Thanks for your care everyone. You're all brilliant. Still feel absolutely dreadful but good thing is I can hardly swallow and really struggling to drink tetra so couldn't even consider eating! Maybe this is divine providence to get me back on my diet! lol!

Claira and Zoe - it is funny, cause I always thought having big boobs would be great when having a baby! A 36M - wow!! I am sorry you both had problems feeding....... and for letting me know you didn't smother your babies!! heee haaa.
x

QUOTE=Zoe.D;1879869]Thanks Lady B, I am worried about putting my pic to my profile because of people coming on and viewing and recognising me with all my statistics there etc. I know it's only a slim chance of that happening but sometimes I have sneaky peak at work and I wouldn't wany anybody from there finding me on it. Maybe when I am a bit more confident about my weight and don't mind who see's how much I weigh-silly isn't it :eek:[/QUOTE]

I know exactly what you mean - I had to think about it for a bit too! But then I thought - hey, I am going to loose loads and I don't care if people know about my story, becuase it will be successfull and give hope to other people.

I then decided to tell everyone at work (I work mostly with men!!!).

But it is all about confidence as you say, and I am sure as the lbs slide off you - you will grow in confidence! You have done so well already!

Broxi - sorry you are feeling so ill!! It doesn't sound like a nice thing to go through at all!! But like you say - you can get back on to ss..... ha ha! Although I am sure your feeling much worse than the normal first few days!

Louie - how are you today???

Asa - how are the house chores going?

Claira - whoop whoop! 1lb from 4stone - wow! That is so much!! I am glad you are feeling positive - you need to share this with us all!! And you are slim for being 32!! wow. I hope the mother in law was positive today!

Well I am nearing the end of the second week back on ss - and I forgot how much easier it does get! Hopefully by this time next week, it will be plain sailing!

Glad to hear it is getting easier LadyB! It gives me hope for the future :D.

The house chores are going good, soon the laundry will be up, then we will start with the other stuff. My dad is coming to visit next week, and staying here some of the days. It will be fun to see him again, we don't live close, and last time I saw him was new year! Wonder if he will notice a difference.

Broxi, how are you feeling? I read on your thread earlier, did you call the line for swine flu questions? Do it soon otherwise! I am worried about you!

Talk to you later!

Hi, The doctor says I most likely have swine flu but they are not testing anymore. She says there ae other flu viruses about but I've described the dreaded swine flu. David my son has it too. So no work for him in McDonalds. It's the last week of my holidays from school as in Scotland teachers go back on Thursday so not a very good way to spend it.
Anyway, I've still stuck to CD today which is a first for a long time. Why is it so hard to get back on it when you've had a break? Anybody got any ideas?
How is everyone else today? You're all doing so well, you're an amazing bunch.
BTW Lady B, my boobs are big too and I had the same probs breast feeding as the others and I was very very thin at that point - under 8 stone! - ah memories!

Broxi you poor thing that is awful, have they pescribed tamiflu for you or any other treatment? Get well soon xx

Broxi that's terrible! How are you feeling? Have you got something for it yet? Well done on sticking to SS today, that is very strong!

How is the rest of you?

I am off to bed in a little bit. Good night everyone!

hi girls, sorry your poorly broxi, get lots of rest and remember your fluids, xxx
i saw my step mum today she was lovely, we went bra shopping together, got a panache 32 jj, fits lovely, felt so good to have support.
then i took my friend shopping to outfit, got some size 12 jeggings! denim looking leggings, from d/p, and a size 16 beautiful dress, grey and purple check with a sweetheart neck and hankerchief style skirt, thought id treat myself, even my dad and auntie complimented me today, so felt great, my dad said he hadnt really noticed before but now he can see lots of weight gone xxx
day 5 of ss and really back into it now, i feel happier on ss, hope youve all had a good day xx

Hi, it's the middle of the night but I've slept most of the day so will likely be up for hours. Just thought I'd post a bit.
Feeling a wee bit better, got Tamiflu. Only had tetras today but can't be self-righteous, I've just not been able to swallow anything else.
Although I feel rotten I'm really pleased I've done this first day again as that's the hard part lasting a full day. I just hope I can keep the resolve I had at the start. I've not gained any weight but I've STS for about 6 weeks now and I could have lost well over a stone by now and then I'd be nearly there.
I know if I'm 9 1/2 stone I'm very neat but I was 8 stone when young and that is when I'm thin really as i'm only 5' 1''. Are any of you going to go to really thin or just stop when you're healthy BMI? I can't believe I've actually got that choice.
Anyway I'm going to read my book now - Secrets and Lies by Jaishree Misra; quite good. Do any of you read? That is my number 1 hobby apart from eating. If so we could recommend good books to each other.
Anyway, you'll all be sound asleep. I'll be back on tomorrow xxx

I am off to a day long party with work. Starting with lunch at the owners house, then back to the city for partying all night long. I am guessing we are about 250 people there. I promise myself that this is the last time I will go to this party with clothes that don't fit, and only having about 5 items to choose from. My wardrobe is such a poor condition right now.

Hope you are doing great! Have a lovely day!

Good morning Ladies!!

Broxi - please take care of yourself!! I doubt you have enough energy to look after your son, so I guess your husband is running around after you both.
Well done on day 1 of ss......... it is a big step!

Claira - wow, you have had lots of compliments - and you deserve it!!! I am glad your family are noticing the amount you have lost! Which style is the bra? I love the sound of the dress!

Asa - wow that sounds like a party and a half!! Enjoy it!

Zoe - how are you today?

xx

In answer to your 'how thin are you going to go' question (Broxi) - I am currently 11stone 9lbs on my scales (I have my offical WI next Friday after a gap of 4 weeks). So my bmi hits 25 bang on at 11stone 2 lbs.

So not far to go until I have a healthy bmi - which will be the first time in 6 years!

I would like to loose 4 stone to start off with, which makes me 10stone 9lbs. I will get to 10 stone at least, and I would love to get to 9stone 7lbs which makes me have a bmi of 21.8.

Now this may be too skinny for me, but I think I should look ok - and I aim to live between 9 1/2 stone and 10 stone - so I would have 1/2 to play around with. But once over 10 stone, I would be straight on a diet, as I never want to go through this again.

Broxi - what would your bmi be at 8 1/2 stone?

Everyone else - what is your goal?

Broxi - I love reading books - but never seem to have the time.

I always read when I am on holiday! At least 2 books in a week - and I enjoy it then - but never seem to find the motivation when I get home!

I do read other books when I am at home - but they don't fit into the fiction category. They are either to do with business or self development.

I would be interested to hear your top books to read though - so I can buy them for my next holiday (hopefully in Oct when I am slim)

Clothes

I noticed that Asa said she hasn't got much left to wear now! And I am sure we are all going through the same thing!

So I wondered if we could talk about the state of our wardrobes, and if you are buying any interim clothes???

I have found that as I have lost weight, I am in and out of clothing sizes quite quickly........ some stuff I try on again, and it is too big and I realise that I haven't even had a chance to wear it on the way down. So I am wondering if I should buy any interim clothes - as I may only be able to wear them for a few weeks......

I also have a black bag full of clothes that I am going to have altered. Is anyone else doing the same?

My spare bed is piled high with clothes which no longer fit now! It is a funny site (maybe I should take a picture to show you). I plan to give some to charity, and sell the others - as I need some funds for my new wardrobe!

I unpacked my last reserve bag of clothes last night (It was a massive bag). I can now get most stuff on, but it is too tight. So I have started washing it all now.... as it may only be a few weeks! It is all my fav designer stuff that I can't have worn for 7 years at least! I am so excited that I will be back in this stuff soon.

I would like to hear all your clothes stories.

xx

Oh clothes, I love to talk about clothes.
Good morning by the way,
I was thin about 6 years ago and I had beautiful clothes in size 10s etc. Lovely suits from Principles and Precis Petite. Plus lots of other gorgeous stuff. I can't wait to wear them again. The only problem is I don't know if they'll still be fashionable becasue styles changes so much. They look fine to me but I'm almost 47 and no fashion guru. My son is super trendy though and I had on an old out fit before holidays and he said I looked like Susan Boyle in it and I though it was lovely so I don't know!
I have lots of clothes just now which is maybe a problem for staying on this diet because some of them are really nice. I got stuff for going my holidays from Wallis and then when I came back I got 6 tops in the Frasers sale for £73 and some were reduced from about £80. Maybe it was stupid to buy all them but I couldn't resist. So cos I have nice things to wear just now I'm not too bothered.
Claira, your dress sounds gorgeous. That's my goal to wear a dress. For some reason they don't suit me unless I am really really slim but I love them.

The clothes I wear just now that suit me are white linen trousers or leggings with low neckline longish colourful tops. David my son laughs because I always wear bright clothes but he likes that and says that's me. In the winter I wear black.

Oh clothes, I love to talk about clothes.
Good morning by the way,
I was thin about 6 years ago and I had beautiful clothes in size 10s etc. Lovely suits from Principles and Precis Petite. Plus lots of other gorgeous stuff. I can't wait to wear them again. The only problem is I don't know if they'll still be fashionable becasue styles changes so much. They look fine to me but I'm almost 47 and no fashion guru. My son is super trendy though and I had on an old out fit before holidays and he said I looked like Susan Boyle in it and I though it was lovely so I don't know!
I have lots of clothes just now which is maybe a problem for staying on this diet because some of them are really nice. I got stuff for going my holidays from Wallis and then when I came back I got 6 tops in the Frasers sale for £73 and some were reduced from about £80. Maybe it was stupid to buy all them but I couldn't resist. So cos I have nice things to wear just now I'm not too bothered.
Claira, your dress sounds gorgeous. That's my goal to wear a dress. For some reason they don't suit me unless I am really really slim but I love them.

Good morning Broxi - you are still awake!

I think people can make their own style...... rather than folllowing trends. And if those pieces fit well, and look good on you - then you should wear them with pride!

Also there will not be in any danger of someone wearing the same outfit as you!! ha ha!

I am trying so hard to buy anything - as like you, I will want to keep wearing them, and not loose anymore weight!!! ha ha

It is honestly a problem when you have clothes you feel nice in and comfortable in as the determination to lose weight isn't so big. I think that is why I've been struggling - well one reason anyway. Before I jsut had horrid big baggy stuff that fitted me whether I liked it or not so I couldn't wait to get new stuff. So my advice is not to buy too much as it'll hopefully only fit for a few weeks. Maybe buy a thing a month. How much weight have you got to actually lose - I know you just told me but I'm too lazy to work it out. I've got another 2 to 3 stone. 2 stone will be fine but like you I want room to manoeuver so 3 would be ideal.

Back