ButtErFlies-In It To Win It

i have just added new pics wearing old trousers size 22. i put them on, the difference is mad. also wearing that new vest top that sucks in flab lol xx

Evening girls,

Wow alot of posts to catch up on. Everyone is doing so well.

I did a another carboot today and made £100 and managaed to pick up a bike seat for my youngest so now we can all go on a bike ride tomorrow.

Claira, fab pics -you look great hun. I am on the movicol tonight lol

Bethan, wow the 10's, what an achievement. You must feel fantastic.

Alipally. Go ape is a high wire adventure playground for kids with zip wires and assort courses. I can't wait to do it, should be lot's of fun.

Good Morning Beautiful Butterflies!!!

Contrary and Claira - your reasons for loosing weight have brought a tear to my eyes. Thank you for sharing such intimate feelings - it is very inspiring!

Claira - any news yet? Have you spent all night on the toilet?

Active Asa - your second class of the week!!!!! You truely are ACTIVE ASA. I am very proud of you for doing it!

Zoe - how was your bike ride? And great news about the car boot sale - that is alot of money to make!

Broxi - how are you getting on babe!! Another day and you will be in ketosis, the welcome ketosis!!!!

Alli - I love your post about why we have choosen to loose weight!!!

Barbara and Clare - how are you both getting on??

I went shopping last night, I found out I could reserve clothes so I can pick them up in the sale at Debenhams later this week. Some items will be 20% off, and if I pay with my Debenhams card, I will get an extra 10%!!!!!!

I have had another clear out of both wardrobes in the last two days, and I really have not much to wear!!!! It is the small things, like t-shirts and long sleved tops - it is very strange!!!

I am also trying to pick new clothes that I may not have choosen to wear before - things with sparkle on them etc. I am finding it hard to change my style to match my new shape..... ha ha!!!

And the big news is - I weight 10stone 13lbs and guess what................................................ Some size 10 things now fit me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Whoop whoop!!! I always wanted to be a size 12, and already a couple of dresses and a pair of black trouses are a size 10!!!!!! Ok, to be fair the trousers are very stretchy, and they just do up, and they are Betty Jackson (so read a cut that fits my shape) but still they are a size 10!!!!! I also tried on a Jasper Conran size 10 dress - which fitted!!!! Wow - it was also stretchy but it did fit!!!

I have more or less decided that another 13lbs and I will be a comfortable size 12 - so I may stop there rather than going to 9 1/2 stone!!!

I am happy today!!

Bx

bethan im soooo pleased for you and jealous lol.xxxx
and girls guess what..... i had a POOH. hehe had to use another suppositorie and dance around the house for 20mins to hold it in, and boy i went, today my tummy is making all kinds of noises.....
i have about 5 black bags of stuff to ebay. size 22 down. and loads of charlies stuff. i need to spend the day photographing it. so i'll be on and off all day.
im desperate to reach under 12 st. weighed yesterday and 12.2 so only lost 1 or 2 lb this week. but had munchies, picked a bit had a big salad and been constipated so put it all behind me and ss now as long as i can.
hope your all having a good w/e xxx

Claria - I am so glad you have been to the loo!!! I bet a number 2 has never been so welcome!!! ha ha!

I spent last night putting stuff on e-bay, I used the schedule thing so they will all be on by 8pm tonight.

I love the new photo's by the way - your trousers are very funny!! You need to keep thoses as a reminder!!

Bx

Right - following on from Alli's post about reasons for weight loss - I would like to know your answer to the following question, as sometimes I feel it is import to focus on size of clothes rather than your actual weight (inches are sometimes lost when no weight has actually gone) and I think it is good to have a mental focus of size - and I could weigh 12stone and be a size 12 - but the size not the weight would make me slim for my frame:

What clothes size did you start out at? What size are you now? Where do you want to send up?

Here is mine (please add yours):

Bethan- Start-size 18, now-size 14/12, end-size 12 bottom, 10 top

claire- start-size 22, now-size 12/14, end sz 8-10 bottom, 10-12 top

I might do the above post in the main forum, if we find it useful!!!

Does anyone else experience the following:
When I was walking around the shops yesterday, I kept catching glimpses of myself in mirrors - but didn't recognise it as me. Only becasue this woman I saw in the mirror looked slim.......... then I kept realising it was me!!! ha ha.

I think it is different when I look at myself in a mirror at home - as I know I will see a slimmer me - but when I catch my reflection when I don't expect it - I just dont recognise it is me for a few seconds! It is almost that my mental image isn't the same as the reality now!!!

I was laughing with my CDC about it - and she says that she still finds it funny about her mental image, and knows she still dresses like she is bigger. (Don't get me wrong, she always looks lovely - but she said she still hids her slim figure in clothes which are baggy!! and perhaps a size or maybe two sizes bigger than she is)

I also found it funny as they had a racks of clothes in Debenhams that are 70% off. I used to head to the 18 size rack - which was full to the brim.......... so I headed to the 12 and it was bare in comparrision to the 18's - very funny!!!

I also found myself picking up 18 and 16's to see what the item of clothing looked like!!!!! So I could understand the fabric and shape of the cut - but then put it back to try on a 10 and 12!!! ha ha. It is almost that my brain doesn't undertand the cut and fit of smaller clothes - so I have to check out the larger size to understand the garment!!!

Sorry I am rambling now!!!! I must be desperate to talk with people today!! ha ha!

I am going to post some things on the main Cambridge forum! (Body brushing for one!!)

I am feeling sooooooooo happy today..... This diet is REALLY LIFE CHANGING!!!

Bx

bless you, your doing great, youll be done soon xxxx

claire- start-size 22, now-size 12/14, end sz 8-10 bottom, 10-12 top

Thanks Claire!!! You see we have lost a very similar weight, but will end up a similar size (although it will take us a different amount of loss to get there)

A 22 to a 12 is just amazing! Whoop Whoop!

My response to Alli's question:

It was the final bank holiday in May 2009, and I sat at home all weekend. I had plenty of offers to go out with my friends, but I felt low and didn’t want to see anyone or leave the house. This is not like me, I suffer very few down times and realised I was depressed.

So I went through a check list of my life to see what was wrong:

Job – fine, as I had just found out I had a new job (in the same company) which had been created for me.
Money – tight, but could always do with more
Spirituality – good
Car – just got a new one, but wasn’t even excited about that
Home – ok, needed a big spring clean but was ok. The garden was a mess, but I realised the house reflected on how I was feeling
Clothes – had plenty to wear, but they didn’t make me feel good (as they usually do)
Relationships - none existent, and just couldn’t face meeting anyone right now.
Weight – I had been trying for a few months (low cal meals) but gosh I was 14 stone 9. WHATTTTTTTTTT – I felt fat, unattractive and none of my clothes made me feel good! This was it………. My weight was the problem!!!!!

I didn’t want to go out as I felt so awful about myself. This needed to change as soon as possible. I could do weight watchers, slimming world or atkins again – but this would take a year at least. I needed to change now, and fast!!! Otherwise I would be on anti-depressants very soon. (Atkins once left me so depleted of vitamins, after loosing 2 stone on it that I caught a cold which I couldn’t fight off and had a massive asthma attack which I nearly died from – so never again!!)

So I had heard of Lighter Life – and asked a trusted friend about it, as she had done it (Sarah is going for a gastric band soon). She suggested Cambridge, as it was cheaper and if I knew what the problem was – then I didn’t need the therapy that comes with Lighter Life.

So what was the issue……….. I spent a lot of time on this, working it out! So here goes………

I over ate, I comfort ate. I treated myself with food, when things were going well and when things were not going well. My weight had ballooned. I felt so fat, that there was no way out.

I wasn’t in a relationship – and I realised that if I didn’t love my own body, how could anyone love me. If I didn’t treat myself with respect then no wonder I was attracting idiots (which I fell for, and then they treated me like something they would scrape off the bottom of their shoe).
What did I really want from my life – a husband and children. So why was I hiding behind my weight if this is what I really want. I realised that my weight was a mask, I hid behind it – being in a relationship scares me to death. But deep down I do want it. My weight needed to change so that I love myself and respect myself!

Along side all of this, I once had a vision that when some good friends had a baby I would get married. My vision was that I walked down the isle, and Simon had his baby with him (it was up to a year old!!). They have been married for 12 years, and not had children yet. Liz and I always used to laugh that if I got engaged she would get pregnant!! In May she told me she was pregnant – oh my gosh - that means I am going meet someone soon, and I wanted to be in the best place I could be. This meant addressing my weight, stopping smoking (the next on the list!!!) and learning to love and respect my body.

So I found this forum – and Broxi (as the story about how she met Jason meant I had confirmation that I was in the right place and doing the right thing. Through Broxi’s story I knew that I am going to meet someone, and the word peace (Shalom) was double confirmation).

So – I am loosing weight, I am much happier and I am learning to respect myself and love my new body. I will be dating people very soon – and hope to fall in love with the right person.

I am looking forward to the future.

(Broxi – I hope you don’t take offence that I have shared this, but your life story helped me confirm that I am doing the right thing! Which is a really important part for my life story. Big Kisses XXXXXX)

Sorry it is so long..... but I do like to talk!!!!!

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

its lovely for us to all share. this was a good idea ali, x
i have just takens pics for ebay, i have done 24 pairs of jeans sizes 20,18,16,14 and i think ive got another pile upstairs, how can 1 girl have so many jeans lol, i need some 12s now lol.xxx

ha ha !!

So many jeans................... Do you think that like me, you have a bit of a shopping habit too!! ha ha! I have found 8 pairs of size 16 jeans................ I really didn't need that many!

Get yourself down to the Debenhams sale from Wednesday to Sat - I am buying a pair of size 12 jeans (the same ones I brought as a size 14 4 weeks ago!!!)

XX

i have 2 next pairs in a 12 waiting in my wardrobe, i just won a pair of demons and dolls size 14 on ebay, hopefully they are a small 14 xx

Hi Bethan and Claire, been reading your why posts with interest... also been killing myself laughing about the amount of clothes you both have... only my OH can compete on the jeans front Claire he must have 10 pairs fo 32's 34's 36's and 38's!!
I'm wearing his 34/36's at the moment as I've no jeans that fit me anymore... I had 1 pair of Next size 18's but they're falling off me and I'm afraid that I might embarass myself in public!

I've been losing weight for such a long time now, I've only got limited supplies of clothes in 18 which is what I've been wearing most recently!

At my biggest I was a size 26 :( I didn't even own a pair of jeans and spent most of my day in black trousers, and black tops.... or work suits which were.... Black! I had a variety of brighter coloured tops that I teamed with them but that was it.

I couldn't bring myself to buy too much, as I was always going to lose some weight...It took me 2 years to lose 5 stone and 7 weeks to lose 2 stone! I don't regret my route or the time it's taken me... I needed it to come to terms with who I am and what I am becoming.

The reason that I decided to speed things up a bit are many and complex, but I will try and bullet point them!
- I'm job hunting at the moment and I feel like I'm judged on my weight first (negative... in the mind of most people, fat= lazy/stupid) I wanted my interview to be a confirmation of who they thought I was not an uphill struggle following a snap judgement made on my appearance!

- I want to be able to walk into any shop, pick up a 12 and know that it might, just be a bit too big and I'd need to have a 10 instead!

-I wanted to be able to get on a plane and not feel guilty about the discomfort of the poor unfortunate, who go assigned the seat next to me!

- I wanted people stop asking me when my baby was due!!! :eek:

-I want to be fit... not just walk a few miles fit... I want to be to be running 10K 3 times a week fit. I want to go to Yoga and be able to hold those positions... indeed I want to be able to get into those positions without my belly stopping me from being able to breathe! I want to think nothing of climbing huge hills, and I want to be able to walk the Pennine trail and live to tell the tale!

This isn't about being a specific weight, this is about being everything that I know I can be, participating in life, rather than observing from the sidelines....

Biggest of all, I want my hubby to be surprised and notice the changes when I see him next week!! Then I want him to be even more surprised when I see him at Christmas.. I want to be working towards my fitness goals by then and be done with the weight loss thing!

Wow you lot these recent posts are amazing! You have all really changed your lives! I've been looking at pictures and I'm stunned. It has made me think too. If I'd stuck with diet I'd be completely thin just now eg like Victoria Beckham thin maybe! This is making me realise, along with something Contrary said about where I'll be in a year's time and I can be fat or thin; the choice is mine!

Alli when did you last see your husband? does he work away? How much weight have you lost since then? Does he know you're on diet?

Bethan you are so beautiful and although you were very attractive even when fat you are so trendy looking now, I think that's the difference, you're less matronly - hope I'm not cheeky here. The men will be falling at your feet but remember and pick the right one! You'll know I think cos you'll have a peace- shalom!

Claira, me and you have exactly same to lose and I hope to do same by same time as you so I'm back on track I'm sure so we'll go together!

x

Hi again,

I have been doing a lot of thinking about my weight problem and I could use some help/insight. Firstly, I'm quite happy that my weight hasn't ballooned too much at all as I've not been dieting since end of June and usually I could do a lot of damage but I felt the pigging out happening again.

Anyway, I hate being fat. I hate not being able to bend down properly, get out of the bath comfortably and do another thing easily that Claira mentioned. Since CD I am comfortable with all these things now. But I still hate that i need to buy certain clothes and I'm completely unfit.

But my biggest problem (and here's why I need help/advice) is that I can't stop eating when I stop like a drug addict. I know it's the same reason as shopping. I do it compulsively. I hate how eating makes me feel yet I must eat because I love the very temporary enjoyment I get from tasting the food. And once I start I can't stop. It's the same with shopping. I have a fairly good salary but I never have anything to show for it as I constantly buy things eg make-up, yankee candles, books and when thin, clothes. I drive a banger of a car and my house is not very great. I know that I would love to have big things eg, a new car, a new bathroom etc but I fritter away my money on wee things and I can't stop. I know it is the same thing as my food problem and if I could find out why I do one and cure it, I could cure the other. It's the quick fix, instant gratification thing and an inability or unwillingness to look for the long-term gain.

Am I rambling? But I know this is my problem and I know if I could get the answer to this I'd have it sorted!

Any ideas will be greatly apreciated. Maybe I should go for counselling.

But my

I've also updated all my tickers, details etc cos I mean business! 8st 10lb here I come!

im sat here blubbering at the mo, watching loosing isaiah with halle berry, its so sad. and putting stuff on ebay, taking forever. cant stop thinking about food but gonna be good i promise, 9st 2, here i come xxxx
we will get there broxi xx

Yeah Claira, your pics are amazing BTW. You look fab. I love food too and think about it all the time. I love to hear how happy Lady B is but I found I was depressed on CD cos had awful cravings all the time and I feel sad without food. But if I can just get the weight off, then work out why I overeat.

Back