ButtErFlies-In It To Win It

Broxi - I have been thinking about your much earlier post about being obsessed by food.

I think that I am also obsessed by food, and I have to focus on what I will eat when I am allowed to do so......... (I pour over the receipies in the CD book ha ha)

However, I have learnt to obsess about the weight loss and not the food!! Does this make sense - I have learnt to focus on other things (like which clothes don't fit anymore!!)

Do I have cravings, and am I hungry? YES. I am worse on 810 than I was on ss, as I think I was in a much deeper state of ketosis then - and after doing a fair few 100% weeks on ss my cravings went.........

A friend at work was taking about a certain food, and I said 'oh I would love to have that'
she said 'well you could and you can. But you have DECIDED not to. It is your choice not your cravings choice'

I was great for me, as she reminded me that I can eat anything I want - but I choose not to. That is a powerfull realisation - we choose!

Contrary - You will look amazing in a bikini after your weight loss journey!!! lol. Boobs or no boobs - your tummy, arms, hips, bum and thighs will be things that other women envy!!! How amazing is that.

I also bet women will refer to you as 'that slim lady over there'. Heeeee haaaa - how amazing is that!!

A man at the contract I was based on today asked what I do as the new girl???? I explained I have been there for a year and 2 months - but thinking about it, he didn't recognise me after all my weight has gone!!! ha ha!

Jason worked with heroin addicts for years and he claims that you can only really break an addiction by replacing it with something else - not necessarily another addiction but eg, gym or perhaps the obsession about being slim. My niece was a bit chubby in her teens and she is now late 20s and extremely thin but has been obsessed with weight and being thin for years. She wouldn't eat a meal I made her because I'd put a teaspoon of butter on her veg. Now that's obsession! Maybe we'll need to become like that. But one thing's for sure, we can't return to our old habits, just like an alcoholic can't start drinking again.

Contrary, have a great holiday and enjoy your eating and drinking. You've done so well and even slim people pig out on holiday. And waht are ribs, btw? Don't think I have any!

hello contrary have a great love you really do deserve it xxx
bethan, hello honey xxx
could i replace my food addiction with wine, lol
broxi i dont think you are hungry luv i think your thinking about t too much. thats what happens to me, i was very weak today, but you are being strong, take the power you have right now and embrace it. i know you can, like bethan says its a choice, i made a bad one and will pay for it, that 3 st is already now about 2st 10lb isnt it think about it as just over 2 1/2 stone. xxx

Yes so it is - only 2 st 10lb now! Not too bad!

Don't worry about the chips. I actually ate loads while I was off diet and hardly really gained very much so you'll just get a wee bit extra water. I'm going to sleep now. Can't be bothered with work just now. I could stay up all night and sleep all day- I hate having to sleep so that I can get up at 7 - ridiculous time of the morning! Anyway good night dearest, sleep tight and God bless you xxx

night luvvy, im gonna get up early do all my house work and get some lettle runny babbits, ooh i cant wait , i feel all broody xxx

Morning Girls,

Broxi I am a size 20 but some 18's are fitting in some shops. It's daft how shops vary in sizes, I wish I could just go into any shop and know I need a size 20 and that it will fit but like Claira said earlier diferent style clothes require different sizes and the same goes with where you get them from. I tried some tops on in Asda and I couldn't get a size 20 t shirt anywhere near me which made me feel crap but then I went into next and got in size 18 leggings?

MsJMC, yep my ticker deffinately represents all the clothes and shoe shopping I want to do lol.

Claira, can't wait for those tops to go on. Don't worry about the chips hun, it was just one moment and the important thing is is that you can have those moments but it doesn't throw you completley off -you carry on with the diet and don't think oh sod it and completely binge which is what I have done in the past on other diets once I have had a little blip. I think that's why I havn't let myself pick one teeny bit because I don't want to risk it lol. I don't think I would anyway now as I feel so strong on cd-weird but great.

Contrary, hope you are having a great time on your holiday! Tell us all about it when you get back!

4,5 stone is amazing Bethan!!! No wonder everything is falling off you :D.

Zoe, I also find that the sizes vary a great deal in shops. I am just in between normal sizes and plus sizes now as well. So I haven't found a new pair of trousers. I bought a nice gray/silvery pair that I was thinking I could wear in a few weeks, but I am not there yet.

Broxi, I am hungry too. And sometimes I think about letting go and just binge like I used to do. But then I think of my long time goal, and change my mind. Now when we are meeting in January I know I will have to stay on track the whole time, if I want to be at goal weight by then. And I REALLY want that :D. It would be so much fun to shop for a whole new wardrobe then. It is an excellent goal for me!

Can't wait for us all to meet in January. Asa are you definatey not coming in October now- such a shame that was cancelled but was wondering if the tickets were refunded or you were still coming over.

It's mad to think we could all be at goal by then. So excited at the thought of being properly slim again lol.

hello girls, i have to beautiful little bunnies, charlie wants to call them sandy and spongebob..... i will put picks on, on sat, they are 6 weeks old bless.
i have 3 dresses from, newlook matalan and next, the sizes ar a 12, 16 and 18, i will post pics tomorrow of me in them and see which you all prefer and see if you can guess which is from where and what size xxx

Looking forward to seeing your dresses Claira. That's a goal of mine to look nice in a dress. I'm short waisted and big boobs and always look very dumpy in a dress unless I'm very thin. But I think dresses are just so comfortable and lovely. So I'll be wearing one for Christmas.

Fell asleep wehn I came infrom work. Had a very stressful day and to make matters worse lunch was my favourite thing to eat and I had to sit with my water- I'm not even allowed to take my own bar into dining room and I need to sit there and watch everyone eat! But do you not think people in the work place can be so horrible and self-promoting. There's a woman I absolutely can't stand and she smirks at me and uses every opportunity to bring me down. I am manager of one unit and she manages the other but she always makes me feel so inferior. I really would never do that to anyone intentionally. Oh I can't stand it. Another reason for wanting to be slim because it does increase your confidence.

I have a confession to make Butterflies. I have just ordered a week's supply of Diet Chef to try. I don't know if I could do a week of CD then an week of DC alternately or if that would muck up my metabolism. I still have about a week or more of CD but would like to try this Diet Chef, even if weight loss was slow but don't know if it will work cos I'm not usually successful on diets.

Anyway still on CD SS 100% just now. Will keep you posted!

Hi Diet chef looks great but I couldn't do it don't think cos I can't heat things up at work as no access to microwave etc so although looks good I'll just need to stick to this but it is hard. I don't honestly know how you lot do it, stick to it and stay sane! I'm dying off here!
This was the post I was talking about , that you are dying off here lol
its ok its keeping up with all the posts while your head is in CD and its playing mind games with you thinking , Food , no bad , and thinking back to CD lol its ok , blame the diet lol

Claira , i'm having a guess at the sizes ok , you can tell me later after everyone has had a guess , without seeing the dressing I think .... Next is the 18... Newlook 16.... Matalan is 12 , but will wait .
Broxi , what goodies have you got coming from diet chef , ?

lol msjmc, will put pics on later.
broxi i was thinking of trying it myself b4 cd, its all about finding the diet for the individual, although im not perfect with cd, it is the one for me, where as others dont like the restriction on this diet and prefer s/w, d/c, ll, ww. we are all different, we dont mind what diet your on as long as its getting you where you want to be, and your loosing xxxx or winning as it may be ...

Hi Butterflies,

I never thought I would actually say this/do this but I am choosing to quit. Not because I cheated but because it is not good for my mind/emotions. Last time I did 6 weeks and I was terribly depressed by end but kind of forgot about that feeling over sumer when not on CD. Been SS100% for a week now and my mood has been getting worse and worse. Today I felt so flat and dead. I couldn't hardly talk at work. People were noticing, especially my family. So I realised much as I want to get thin and do it quickly I can't suffer the depression this diet causes in me. It is actually unbearable and I forgot just how bad it was before. So I'm sorry folks but I can't do it, I realy can't. What is worrying me though is that I hope my depression isn't being caused merely by missing out on the enjoyment of food which would show my absolute addiction- maybe it's blood sugar or something.

Anyway, I'm very sorry Butterflies as I promised to be in this to the end. I didn't feel so bad even cheating cos I knew I would get back on board but I know now I really can't do this and will have to look for another way.

I do want to keep up with you lot though so I will still come on and talk. I'm thinking about either Diet Chef and have ordered a week to try or to do Johnson's UpDayDownDayDiet and alternate down days on Cambridge so will try that first. Cos still realy want to be thin.

I'm going to post on CD main forum now to say goodbye but I know I cannot do this diet anymore. Sorry my lovely lovely friends. xxx

hi broxi, dont leave us.... you can stop cd but im sure all the girls here agree you need to stay talking to us, we need to know how your doing and i need to report to you. you can let us how the other diets are and how they affect you. please stay, nikki said she wouldnt leave and we have never heard from her. please stay a butterflie. you have to, xxxx

Back