ButtErFlies-In It To Win It

Hi Broxi, I used to be the same. When I was not on a diet it was oh sod it attitude and eat anything and everything until it got to the point where I had done it all to death and nothing was satisfying anymore and I wasn't enjoying food like I used to.
I hope when I come off cd I will have retrained myself enough never to let that habbit sneak back in as I never want to be in that place again.

I don't think you will let it come back Zoe as you have done so well. But I do think that is an idea if you do have big binge when maintaining - to follow by day of virtual fast - many slim people do that anyway. My friend who has a gorgeous figure would often do a fruit and veg detox long before detox was trendy if she'd eaten too much.
What I really want to learn too is portion control. I am only 5' 1 and my hubby says that I could eat any man under the table! He used to say I ate Jabba the Hut dinners! Since starting CD in May, even though been off it mostly I have not done that at all and def have been eating sensibly since then so maybe this time!
I had a friend who lost about 6 stones and he ran marathons and everything, swore he would never get fat again and did! So I don't care how long, as long as it stays off!

morning girls,
youll get there broxi, im that with portion, me and matt were discussing this yesterday, i was trying to work out why i eat the way i do, i can only think, when i was a kid i had to have the bigger piece of everything than my sister, i think she got more affection and attention cos she was 3 yrs younger, so i would grab a big piece of cake or if there an extra biscuit i would say im having it cos im bigger or older than you, and then as an adult i always give me the biggest or best piece, im not usually a selfish person, so i dont really know why i still do it, i was sharing a starter yesterday with matt, cheese and tomatoe and i could feel myself eating quicker than him to get more, so i deliberatly cut it in 2 and gave him the bigger piece. and i felt better for it, i have to think about everything i do food wise now. but it will soon become habbit again, this time habbit that i get the smallest piece lol xxxx

I think alot of it stem's from childhood habbits, the main one being my Mum telling me -you make sure you eat all of that if you want pudding or a lolly etc and the portions she used to serve me were adult size portions. I'm not saying it's my Mum's fault as they didn't know any better then but I do think those habbits are hard to break if you have been bought up with them. I even have to remind myself not to do it with my girls as I sometimes find myself saying the same to them but then I remember and ask them if they are full and if they are they can leave it as I don't want to pass on the same habbit to them and to let them recognise the full feeling like we should and stop.

I had a problem with my eyesight yesterday whilst driving to pick the girls up from School and had to pull over and get my Sister to drive. I couldn't see out my left eye as the vision had gone like a keleidoscope-like lots of mirror images and it really scared me. My sister took me to the optitions and they examined me and said it was a visual disturbance due to stress or Migrain. I suffer with Migraines but I only had a mild headache at the time and have never experienced this. Within 30mins it was all back to normal but ended up with a whopper of a migrain. It's the first Migrain I have had since being on cd and I hope this isn't the way they are going to affect me from now on. All the stress the day before with the Hospital and my car getting hit i'm not sure if it was the migrain that caused it or the stress or both lol.

Hi Butterflies,
Where are you all tonight? Out buying clothes in size 10/12!

On the reasons for overeating - I honestly think it is just because I like it, so I'll do it. I smoked. I don't like alcohol so don't have that prob. But if I want to buy something, I'll buy it and not think bout later. I need the quick fix, living for the moment. But I don't know why I do that - cos it's easier than planning ahead maybe!

Hi dear butterflies! Sorry I hasn't been on lately. It is a mixture of having too much to do at work, and too much to do outside of work, and most of all, I have fallen off the wagon big time. I will spare you of the details. But I am really scared of stepping on the scale now. I am going out of town this weekend, but after that I have to break, and get on CD again. How is everything with you?

Bethan, I am so glad to read that you have started dating. And that first date sounded like a great one! How was the one this week? And your second date with the first one?

Broxi, sorry you didn't loose any on the diet, I bet you will next week
thought! How is the chef diet? On that diet you will get all the food delivered right?

Contrary, I am glad you had a fab time on your vacation! I will look up the place for sure, sounded really interesting. 3 lbs is great! A really small gain for all that goodies :D. It will be gone in no time!

Claira, I am tempted to start over with my tickers as well :D! That would be a refreshing feeling (especially since I don't have the courage to step on the scale anymore :cry:).

Louie Lou, I am glad to hear about your vacation! It sounded really
wonderful! 3 lbs will be gone in no time!!!

Zoe, you are a star!!! 81 lbs!!! Well done! I am waiting for my dry body brush to arrive, I am excited! I am sorry about your migraine and the driving incident with the sight - that sounded scary! Are you feeling better now?

Yes Thanks Asa,

Don't worry about the blip, just pick yourself back up and get back on after the weekend. If you have put on it will come back off before the week is out.

Where is everyone, it is very quiet. Come out come out where ever you are lol.

hi everyone, just been to the cinema to see the time travellers wife, and cried.... also been to see the surgeon whos doing my breast reduction, i am having it done jan-feb hopefully to give me time to be at goal and maintaining. so im over the moon. x
asa dont worry luv. just get back to it. last week i gained 8lb then lost it all 3 days xxx

Thank you! Yes, I will get on the CD wagon after the weekend again, and start with a WI that I am really dreading :sigh:.

I want to start over from the start, and don't make the mistakes I am making :D.

Hey ladies,

In a bad place today. Don't wat to communicate with anyone but remembered that this is when you need to, so trying!
Apologies for gloom about to scribble tho...

I was doing well (ish) I got to day four and was about to hit plain sailing (and the sudden loss) when things got really sillt at work. The ward is so, so busy and there aren't enough of us, running round, not drinking, and of course, got very dizzy and felt very sick. Really thought I was going to bacl out. But no time or staff to stop, drink, rest. Ate some mini flapjack things as I worked to get me through the rest of the shift as these were literally all we had on the ward. It worked. Felt better.

But then when I was home was just so fed up that carried on... Wine, biscuits. You name it, I ate it. I was so fed up that I'd already lost those 4 days that I found so so hard this time that I did the 'sod it' thing that is always a mistake.

Day after tried to get back on track and was doing good but work got unbearable. We had a cardiac arrest (they're ok now)and hardly any staff and loads of demented patients to try and keep safe too. And I just can't do it. My lips are so dehydrated I look like Shackleton. Eventually got home and ate more chocolate, water, and another glass of wine. I was upset because a girl I went to school with has been recently diagnosed as terminal the day before, and it all just got to me. At the moment everything just seems so hard and awful.

Now I have terrible stomach cramps. Lips still look burnt. Drinking water but feel so rough.And in despair.

I know I'm feeling sorry for myself and all my own fault for not being more sensible but feel so lost.

I have two more long days at the weekend (4 x 13 hr shifts shouldn't happen) and just can't bear the thought of it. There is no way to improve the conditions at work, we've done all we can but I am absolutely exhausted. Half the staff are already off sick and we're running on minimal numbers and bank staff who aren't up to speed. I can't not go in and make things worse but just want to cry and cry.

Don't know what to do, CD or dietwise I was supposed to be weighed today and get more diet but cancelled as needed to sleep in. Scales say am now 5lbs heavier than before holiday. Can't try and SS+ over next two days as a) have no bars etc and b) can't physically do it under conditions at work

Don't know what to do...whether should ask CDC to let me pick up some packs, whether should just try and eat normally for a few days, or try 810 or 1000

Just feel like I haven't got any energy left, cramps are awful. Might be bowel stuff as yesterday was bit impacted (not enough water) so should take movicol but hard to stomach at mo...

God am rambling. So sorry all. Just needed to ramble. Am sure will figure something out.

Hi, all started on CD again on wednesday, hungry this time but no headache.

I've put some pictures on the Albums if you would like a peek.

God i've still got a long way to go.

Had a good time, maybe next holiday will actually want my pictures taken, fingers crossed.

Will catch up on the post on here, not had time yet, Got back from mexico on Sat and went back to work on Sun, court up with washing and ironing now so have time to sit and read.

Glenns operation has been put back again, so angry and glenn really fed up, it should be about another 6 weeks.

xxx

hi girls im doing -100% at the moment, not going to bore you with it, but im on hols on mon, will do whatever i can whilst away then ss as soon as im back. i have not lost a lb this month just gone up and down, but in the end, stayed the same, so ive waisted a month x
xx

Contrary I am sorry to hear your having such a rough time at the moment hun. Work sounds completely mad, no wonder you are finding it hard. If I were you I would try and go on the 1000 plan to give you a bit more energy and it will also be easier if everything is so up in the air and you are struggling with time etc. You need to look after yourself hun and running around like a headless chicken without food or at least a cd pack inside you isn't going to do you any favours so if eating on the 1000 plan will be easier for you this week then I would have a bash at that. Take care sweetie and I hope things pick up for you soon xx.

Hi all,
contrary your work sounds hellish! You need to look after yourself and don't beat yourself up about eating, human beings are meant to eat! You'll get back on track when things calm down and you've only a stone to go. Just be sensible.
Claira, well done for SS. I have not lost a pound for 3 months so faffing about - but not gained any.
Louie lou, good to hear from you again.
Asa, I hope you are alright and I hope you get your motivation back. It is so very hard. Maybe you should try something else for a wee while and then go back to CD. Although weight isn't coming off me and I'm sticking to my plan but I don't lose weight very well on any diet except cd. Fed up with the whole thing.
Zoe, wish you could sell some of what you've got! You're a star!

Lady B, how are things going with you? How is the romance? Notice you've not been on recently - must be too busy!

Morning girls, my cdc gave me my start photo yesterday. It is the picture taken at the first meet with her. I was so shocked to see that I looked like that and I am almost embarrased to post it in my photos, however it WAS me but is no longer so I have put it in my progress pics.:eek: I think I had the opposite of when people think they look fat when they arn't- I was fat but thought I wasn't that bad, I never thought I looked like that lol I am mortified :eek:

I was the same, you look at yourself in the mirror and you think you don't look to bad the opposite to anorexia and then you see yourself in a photo and it's not the same person.:eek:

I thought i was looking ok in the mirror in my hotel room on holiday and then in the photos! good god they're vile.:cry:

It's why we're on here and why we keep going, weighed myself this morning and lost 6lbs, tomorrow is weigh in day so hope to be down to the next stone.

So glad i was sensible and only put 3lbs on cus that went with in 2 days back on CD.

The month off was nice but it's done nothing for the weight loss, i'm now lagging behind my target.:rolleyes:

Back on track now 100% for a few weeks, if i can stand it for 12 weeks till xmas, then 2 weeks off over the holidays and back on SS+ till goal.

Zoe you look fab in the pic's, what a differance.:eek:

It makes me wish i hadn't had any time off, but to late now, enjoyed the hol's back to it, you are an inspiration to me.

Jane:)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks Louie Lou, you look fab in your pics on hols hun. There is a big difference from when you started. Keep going not long until Xmas but you can be so far along on cd. Good luck hun xx.

Hi Butterflies, we are very quiet this weather. I lost 1lb this week and I'm delighted cos it hasn't felt like a diet in any way whatsoever. Also I have serious constipation so will get rid of a few pounds with lax! Sorry! But I can go steady losses, just so long as I lose.
Louie, you look gorgeous in that pic of you with hubby and son in lobby. What a difference in you. You are looking great and are just cuddly now!
Zoe, you weren't awful, just overweight, but you're certainly not now! How much have you to go?
Claira, Asa, Lady B where are you?
When I was cheating on cd I didn't come on forum because I felt guilty so if that's happening don't be daft. Although you've never cheated Lady B? How's your romance? I'm dying to hear. I'm not even on it and I'm still talking to everyone - but maybe that's because my guilt has gone.
Anyway, I'm away to read my book as I'll be up all night as slept for 4 hours this afternoon! How did I manage that?

Back