butternut squash and apple soup

devonbabe

Silver Member
i made this the other day, and it was lovely so i thought i would share.

1 onion 1 cooking apple.
chop em up, put a knob of butter in large pan, melt butter then add apple and onion

1 large carrot
1 butternut squash
chop em up add to the pan.

make up stock ( of your choice i used 2 veg oxos) and fill pan to cover veggies. simmer until veggies are soft.

when cooked, blend to make smooth thick soup.

add a dollop of creme fraich and a bit of parsley for garnish

enjoy.

it was my first attempt, really easy, and very tasty and filling

Hi Jo

I have a butternut squash I bought last week I haven't used yet. I have all those ingredients too. I think I may make it for my boys dinner tonight. They like most things do you think they will like this? Is it child friendly?

Dizzy x

lol ! child friendly soup? no idea...

i cant see why they wouldnt like it, it tastes nice, its orange coloured, and quite thick. my hubby ate 2 bowls of it ( and hes a big kid) !

give it a try. if youve got all the ingredients its worth a bash!

lol ! child friendly soup? no idea...

i cant see why they wouldnt like it, it tastes nice, its orange coloured, and quite thick. my hubby ate 2 bowls of it ( and hes a big kid) !

give it a try. if youve got all the ingredients its worth a bash!

They love to try somethng new I think they will be up for it, but lately they have been getting a bit more picky. I was only concerned that if they didn't like it I may end up over indulging but it sounds pretty healthy and something hubbie could have when he gets home late too. Thanks I'm in a cooking mood today actually anyway. Currently making some cottage pies for the freezer. I have lots of potatoes too use up. So any more idea for meals I could freeze would be useful.:)

Dizzy x

I love butternut soup and it's so easy to make. Ack...virtually all soup is easy to make :D Filling too.

For variety, I either have it as above (thankyou Jo), or add either leeks, or a cooking apple or two.

Delicious :)

Hi Jo

Made the Soup last night. Mizzy and I had some then with black pepper which was nice. At lunch time we had some more as did the boys after playing in the snow. We added the creme fraiche this time and was lovely like that too. Thanks for shaing the recipe will certainly make that again. Was ideal for a cold snowy day like today!:D

Dizzy x

Back