• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

butternut squash recipes

S: 12st0lb C: 10st5.5lb G: 9st0lb Loss: 1st8.5lb(13.39%)
S: 14st2lb G: 10st0lb
my first try with butternut squash was a soup, I added a little curry powder and my other half thought it was delish! Also have seen a curry receipe on the receipe board which is made from butternut squash too...sounds nice :)

butternut squash chips are divine. i love them. peel, chop a lil spray oil slat pepper bung in overn for 40 mins or so and they are lovely.

ahhh they hav been talkin about these chips for a few weeks now at my class i still havent tried them yet so im defo goin to now everyone is raving about them defo b nice for a change plus 0 pp cudnt ask for better

S: 10st12lb C: 9st13lb G: 9st7lb BMI: 27.1 Loss: 0st13lb(8.55%)
I'm living on butternut squash .. It's lush and sooooo versatile :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

S: 13st3lb C: 11st11lb G: 11st0lb Loss: 1st6lb(10.81%)
If you're getting bored of squash chips, try making fritters.
Grate the squash and mix with herbs, chopped onion and an egg and fry with a few squirts of oil. Quite low in PP...

S: 10st13lb C: 9st12lb G: 9st4lb BMI: 23.7 Loss: 1st1lb(9.8%)
phatboy said:
If you're getting bored of squash chips, try making fritters.
Grate the squash and mix with herbs, chopped onion and an egg and fry with a few squirts of oil. Quite low in PP...
I tried this n they jus fell to pieces, not sure where I went wrong.. :(

S: 10st13lb C: 9st12lb G: 9st4lb BMI: 23.7 Loss: 1st1lb(9.8%)
Baby-belle said:
Do you grate it raw? Sorry sounds stupid
Yh, I did. X

S: 12st13lb C: 12st5lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 27.1 Loss: 0st8lb(4.42%)
Sweet potato wedges and fries are ace. I also make soup with mine. Peel and chop into chunks, chuck into a roasting tin with onion garlic and fresh chilli, roast until cooked, chuck into food processor with stock and blitz. It is so thick and yummy. Also top with a spoon of fat free yoghurt if I find that I have put too much chilli in hehe :-o

Susan.

S: 11st12lb C: 10st8.5lb G: 9st11lb BMI: 27.2 Loss: 1st3.5lb(10.54%)
I need to find the recipe, but I made a gorgeous lentil stew with pumpkin and butternut squash. Big dollop of sour cream on top, so good.

S: 13st3lb C: 11st11lb G: 11st0lb Loss: 1st6lb(10.81%)
I tried this n they jus fell to pieces, not sure where I went wrong.. :(

They are supposed to be quite sloppy! Try to think if them as messy splats rather than perfectly formed patties.

They also need to be cooked for quite a while over a low heat to ensure they are cooked and that the outside goes all charred and sticky.

If you need something to bind them better, try a spoonful of corn flour. :)

bilsat

Really likes to cook
S: 18st11.5lb C: 11st9.5lb G: 11st11.5lb BMI: 23.5 Loss: 7st2lb(37.95%)
These are my recipes, made for SW but can be adapted...............

Pete’s Butternut Squash Curry Soup (V)

Serves 2

Ingredients

425g/half a Butternut Squash, cut into 30mm cubes (leave the skin on) remove seeds.(s)
1 Ltr vegetable stock
1 tbsp. madras curry powder
1 onion, finely chopped (s)
1 carrot, finely chopped (s)
1 celery stick, finely chopped (s)

Method

Spray a frying pan with Fry Light, cook the onion until soft, add curry powder, add the cut butternut squash, stock, along with the carrot & celery bring to the boil and then simmer for 30-40 mins until everything is soft. Season with salt & pepper.
Remove from the heat and blitz with a hand blender.

(When buying butternut squash check that it sounds hollow when tapped, is a good orange colour with no bruises or green tinge.

They store well in a cool room wrapped in a dark paper bag, NOT in a plastic bag as it will rot!)

Pete’s Butternut Squash & Carrot Soup

Serves 4

Ingredients

1 Medium size Butternut Squash, cut into 30mm cubes (leave the skin on) remove seeds.
1 Knorr Vegetable stock pot made into 1Ltr stock
1 Knorr Herb stock pot
1 onion, finely chopped
3 carrots, finely chopped
2 celery sticks, finely chopped
1 Garlic clove

Method

Spray a frying pan with Fry Light, cook the onion garlic & celery until soft, add the cut butternut squash, along with the carrot bring to the boil, add the herb stock and then simmer for 30-40 mins until everything is soft. Remove from the heat and blitz with a hand blender.

Season with salt & pepper.