Buying a dress, need your advice!!

Caz

Repeat Offender
It's my aunt's wedding in September and I've decided to buy a dress to slim into. I think it'll really help give me the motivation boost that I need at the moment! I'm not going to buy a dress for the sake of it, but Monsoon have a big sale on so I figured I'd take a look.

Monsoon Accessorize - Dresses

To be honest, when it comes to dresses, I really don't have a clue! I like quite a lot of them. Any suggestions anyone?

xx

The ones I'm mainly liking, to narrow it down a bit are...

45019025_m1.jpg

Cameila Prom Dress

35213103_m1.jpg

Catrina Black Dress

45036872_m1.jpg

Polly Dress

45023650_m1.jpg

Polly Jade Dress

Spoken to my CDC, and I should get to a good quality 16 by then.

What size do you think you'll be by then caroline?

Ooo I love that last one!

45028454_m1.jpg

I really like this one too. But don't know whether it would suit me!

I should be a 16 by then Guru :)

I think the red one might be a bit fussy. 16! Woohooo!!! I am jealous! :D

Yeah that's my thinking! I LOVE the colour, but it's the design, I agree I think it's a bit too fussy.

I'm a long way off a 16 I assure you! At the moment I'm an 18/20 on top, 20/22 on bottom. Closer to the bottom end of both of those. Started as a 24 all over, sometimes on bottom a 26, so pleased with how it's going, but still a long way to go yet!

I am a 22, sometimes a 24 on top (and one pair of 24 jeans for really fat days). I just want to be able to go into a shop and not look for the plus sizes. A 16 would be fabulous! Go you!

I have the black dress and it's lovely although a little tight around the chest area (I'm an E cup)...

It's one of their classic dresses that they do every year and I've worn it loads. It gets my vote with a cream pashmina / shoes / hat to go with it.

Exactly! That's what I want too. I can't wait to get to a size where shopping isn't this horrible chore.

It's interesting the difference in our sizes in comparison to weight though we're pretty much the same height. I'm 17st 4/5lbs and still wearing a 22 in bottoms, almost at 20 but not quite yet! I think it's partly the style that I have in the pair I keep trying on though!

I like the Polly Jade Dress, not too fussy and can be glammed up with accessories :)

I seem to hold a lot of my weight on my chest caroline, I'm a 38JJ!

Hey Alli, that's what I was thinking. It's a really lovely simple dress. I'm nowhere near as busty as you are, so I think it would be alright! I think it's simple, but lovely, and with accessories could be nice.

That might well be why then!!! I'm only a C cup!

Turns out the black dress is only in n 18 :(

Damn. I should have checked, none of them are in a 16!

What a nice problem though, they they don't make them SMALL enough! :D

ooooh they are all delightful!! Too many great choices there

My arms are too fat for any of them though - bingo wings ahoy!!! I want something gorgeous for xmas this year, but it will no doubt have to have sleeves of some description!

Guru - im with you on the shopping in the non-plus size department! I have only recently enjoyed that experience and it was so much fun. Although i did head straight to Evans looking for my usual 26/28 tops - then thought, ooops, dont need that size now! It was a nice experience. One im sure you will have soon.

anni
xxxxxxx

What beautiful dresses hun! Isn't it a shame they'l all be too BIG for you <wink> how does that make you feel? Fab I hope! There's plenty of other frocks to choose from tho.

Anni, I went into New Look the other day, straight to the Inspire section and all their tops were too big. Made my day I can tell you!

caroline I hope you find something love, how wonderful tho to be going shopping looking for size 16's!!!! xxxx

Ive just been to the monsoon sale and brought loads including the bottom green dress.
I think the dresses you have chose will depend on your body shape and bust, if you are quite busy i wouldnt go for a strapless dress.
x

Back