Buying clothes for 2months time?

Snorks

I've got a wedding to go to on 5th September, and my thoughts have turned to what on earth I wear. I have absolutely no idea what size I'll be, nor what shape I'll be. I've kind of resigned myself to going out on a last minute dash for an outfit but I'm a bit :( about doing that in case I can't find anything I feel good in.

However I don't see that I have much choice. I suppose I could buy something a size or two smaller and hope that I fit into it but that seems a risky strategy.

No point to this thread really, I'm just having a whinge! but if anyone has any good suggestion I'd love to hear them!

Hi Snorks

I would suggest you look for something a week or two ahead, but no more. Plus be aware you may not be in it for very long so don't buy something expensive.

I bought a dress for my sisters wedding a couple of months ahead, but it just didn't fit my shape when it came to the day. I was gutted and bodged something last minute.

Good luck. xx

I should at the very least do a reccie of the type of outfit you would like and which shops sell them (It's no good going to Next for an Artigiano!).

Don't fall in love with anything yet though as TI said, your shape will change as well as your size. I had great fun in 2007 before my wedding shoping spree. By the time I was more or less there everything looked and hung different too! :rolleyes:

Don't do it!

You will go down approx 1 size per month and you will change shape.
what we expected was to choose similar
clothes, just smaller, but actually my tastes have changed too.
The others are right, you won't stay the same size for long.
Anyone who knows me will not be surprised when I say - try the charity shops. I've had some real bargains, many of them brand new and plenty of items special enough for a wedding.
Happy hunting.

You will go down approx 1 size per month and you will change shape.
what we expected was to choose similar
clothes, just smaller, but actually my tastes have changed too.
The others are right, you won't stay the same size for long.
Anyone who knows me will not be surprised when I say - try the charity shops. I've had some real bargains, many of them brand new and plenty of items special enough for a wedding.
Happy hunting.

A good idea to think charity shops. I would also say have a look on ebay.

Back