Buying summer clothes in Winter

maypole

loves to eat
Hi

Have a bit of a quandary. As some of you know my planned trip to Oz was ruined by the volcano so we are going in Jan/Feb when it will be hot. I have given myself an aim to lose 34lb (I have lost 4lb so far) so need summer clothes. Do I buy stuff now in the hope I slim into them or do nothing & buy in Australia if needed. Have a few bits like vest tops etc to keep me going

Any advice?

It will be near impossible to buy anything lightweight here come mid August, and even the charity shops remove 'seasonal goods' from the shop floor at about the same time. This week I've been looking for a lightweight showerproof jacket, and haven't been able to find what I want ANYWHERE!!! (Since when did rain become seasonal here?!).

I think I would buy a few things now - added incentive - and buy the rest when you get there if necessary, but you don't want to spend much time clothes shopping on holiday!

Good Luck with the weight loss - it will be hard work, but is certainly achievable!

I'd be tempted to buy online nearer the time, quite a lot of catalogues have some of their summer stuff out early.

I'd wait til nearer the time and see what can be found either in the new season catalogues (some companies do previews in December!) or places like TK Maxx, Asos, or even an Outlet centre (MacArthurGlen) might be good for a few bits.

You can then buy more when you get out there too!

xx :)

That was what I was thinking. If I am totally honest with myself I have loads of summer clothes that I can't get into at the mo as they are too small & as cupcake says I can go shopping there!!

Back