Bye bye baby belly

Went to WI this morning - 2lb on so not too bad. Been good today but haven't done shred as have burnt my hand quite badly doing tea so don't fancy the idea of press ups - why does it sometimes feel like the universe is not on your side???

Today has looked like this...

B: Alpen bar (half HeB)
L: savoury rice with added veg, activia
D: meatballs in Tom sauce, spagetti, cheddar (HeA)
S: coffee x 4 (2 syns), options with milk (3)

Syns: 5 - didn't plan to keep it that low but can't hurt I suppose

xx

Hello. Loving your diary.......I had my ds at the beginning of may this year and can identify with everything you write here. It was like I'd written it. Ive started back at class and want to get a couple of stone off- so I will check in with you every now and again. I also have a christening coming up at the end of august but don't want to buy anything yet in the vague hope I could lose enough weight to change my awful jelly belly a bit before then! 2 csections have left it looking awful :( good luck though and you're doing really well...... Keep it up!! : )

Hello Geemav, thank you for commenting! Lovely to think somebody is actually reading my inane (or insane?) ramblings :)

Today is going well so far. Ds has gone for his first settling in session at nursery so I've found myself with five whole hours to myself - unheard of in the last nine months. So, battling against the fact that I still have a bit of a cold, I have been for a run and I have to say I actually feel not to bad now I've cooled down and stopped hyperventilating. Still not back up to my pre pregnancy speed but getting faster every time.

Today's menu looks a bit like this:

B: Alpen bar
L: cottage cheese salad, activia
D: steak, jacket pot with 2 tsps of clover (2 syns I think), mushrooms in lauding cow (hea) sauce, salad
S: milk in coffee (2), Alpen light (HeB), probably some kind of biscuit when I go to my friends for coffee this aft

Right, off for a shower then need to do done cleaning and make the mist of a baby free house.

xx

Blimey, what next? As if a cough, cold and burnt hand wasn't enough I've woken up today with conjunctivitis! My eye is all red and swollen and to top it all I've got to drive this morning so I've had to put my contact lenses in - ouch! Ah well, I still have all my limbs...for now.

Anyhoo, today is looking a little bit like this:

B: porridge (HeB), raspberries, FF yog
L: not sure as out and about and not back til about 2 so will see if I can hold out til then
D: SW donner kebab and chips - nom, nom - yogurty dip type thing
S: coffee w skimmed (2), Alpen bar (3), options w skimmed (3)

Will be too busy to exercise but aiming for a gun tomorrow and shred on Sunday :)

xx

Today could so easily have gone belly up but I've managed a stunning comeback and now have a tum full of SW friendly grub :). As usual my day was chaotic - had to go get my hair cut, then take babba to nursery for another settling in sesh, had to clean the house, then my brother was coming round for a visit. Phew! So I decided to do the SW donner kebab for tea, made it in advance this aft and popped it in the fridge. Very organised or so I thought :(. After my brother had gone we got ds off to bed and I then turned my attention to tea, which is a dish I've made several times now... So how exactly did I forget it took 1 hr and 20 mins to cook???? Hubby and I debated what to do - pizza, chippy??? I was starving cos i didn't have much for lunch, but then i had a lightbulb moment. I decided that we would have our pudding first, then tea later when it was cooked. So we've just had strawberries and fromage frais followed by donner kebab, SW chips, salad and tzatziki. And it was blooming lovely and I've been 100% on a day where I'd normally have chucked in the towel and probably carried on overeating for the rest of the weekend :)

xx

And I've just realised I've not had any syns so far either. I had 3 laughing cow extra light as half my HeA at lunch time so technically the milk I've had in my coffees is the second half of that. So am going to have a very guilt free options when the dishwasher finishes and I can liberate a mug!

Love SW - don't know how I manage to fail at this sometimes xx

Am not in a good mood today. Am off to an amniversary party this evening that I've really been looking forward to and I have raging conjunctivitis in both eyes. I look stupid :( It just feels a bit unfair cos we never go out any more so the chafe to get dressed up and feel hood about myself are few and far between. Oh well, there are many people a lit worse of than little old me.

Anyway here's today's plan:

B: porridge (HeB), berries, FF yog
L: cottage cheese, melba toast (3), activia
D: hog roast (!!!!!), some kind of potato, salad, wine x 2 (12)
S: milk on coffee (HeA)

So tea might be a bit more syn-y than I'm anticipating but that's my best guess without knowing exactly what we'll be eating. Hoping it's not too bad anyway and we're not staying late cos of ds so hopefully not too much booze either

xx

xx

I have to confess that I wasn't great last night. I had two roast pork and stuffing white bread rolls, 4 glasses of wine and two glasses of Pimms.

I'd not eaten much all day though so line drawn and back on it today :)

xx

I've just had a quick look on the sw site and reckon I had about 50 syns yesterday. Sounds a lot but I'm hoping the fact that I didn't really eat much else other than my syns means I'll be ok. Straight back on it today anyway.

Could really do with going shopping but my poor eyes are so red and swollen I'm not sure i can face it :( So don't really have a plan as such so far...we'll see.

Am dreading going back to work tomorrow. I've been off for 9 months now and just don't know how I'm going to cope. I'm sure we'll all be fine once we get into a routine but right now it's a daunting prospect.

xx

You'll be fine back at work- last time I felt weird for the first half hour then gradually found myself falling back into old routine - plus, when you are at work, it's less tempting to snack all the time than when you are at home.......which means more chance of good weight losses :)
Hope the eyes get better soon though- nothing worse than itchy sticky eyes : (

Not been on for days! In fact hardly had two seconds to myself since the weekend so thought it was time I updated my diary.

Work has been ok, not too painful. Tbh, it feels like I've never been away really and the last 9 months have been a long weekend.

My eyes are a lot better now but me and poor DS are still under the weather. I've got a sore throat and he's got a terrible cough, poor love. I think I'm just tired and run down so I'm looking forward to a quietish weekend.

DS has been a star, bless him. He's been at his grans for 2 days and nursery for 2 days and has been so brave. He's struggled a bit sleeping at night which hasn't been ideal but I'm sure it's just down to the change in his routine.

Foodwise I've been so so. I lost half an lb last night which I was pleased with because I've gone from morning to evening weighing. I've got a meal out on Sat but other than that, no real excuse for not sticking to the plan.

Here goes xx

Still feeling under the weather but taking lost of lemsips (half a syn each!) and hoping I'm well enough to go on my girlie night out later. I've been looking forward to it for ages now so will just take lots of painkillers and try to enjoy myself. Todays plan is:

B: SW fry up, quorn sausage (1)
L: super speedy soup, activia
S: fruit roulade
D: tuna marinated on olive oil (HeB) with asparagus and jacket spud, latte instead of pud (HeA), 2 glasses of wine (12)
S: milk in coffee (1.5) lemsips (1.5)

That's the plan anyway, just hope I can stick at it when faced with a menu full of lovely food xx

I’ve had a wobbly few weeks, but last night I went back to class and I’m so glad that I did. I didn’t go last week, mainly because I thought I was going to have put on (silly reason, I know) but being back to work, being ill, missing my little boy, car problems, tiredness, lack of routine just meant I felt my life was out of control so I couldn’t face the thought of knowing how much I’d gained. But this week I feel a little better, and I am so desperate to lose weight so off I trotted last night to find I’ve lost 1lb in the last 2 weeks. Not exactly an astounding amount, but considering I’ve struggled to stick to plan, I’ll certainly take that. So here I am, back on it in a huge way. I’m at 7lb loss now and I have my eye on my stone award by the end of September.

Today’s plan looks a little bit like this:

B: Porridge (HeB), yogurt, berries
S: Banana, Activia
L: Left over tuna pasta bake (3)
S: Some kind of fruit
D: Savoury mince (3 as only have lean mince), swede mash
S: Milk in coffee (HeA), Options (2)

I’m also hoping to have half an hour on the spinning bike while hubby cooks tea later.

I’ve not got much to derail me this week. I’m out with friends for coffee tomorrow and am at a christening on Sunday but am hoping to keep focussed and not slip up. I really want a good loss this week to spur me on and keep me motivated.

xx

Yesterday I was 100% and today looks to be heading the same. I seem to have snapped out of 'diet mode' where I limit anything yummy and am having my syns again, somewhere I was definitely going wrong in the last few weeks. I am just so all or nothing, I don't know how to do it any other way but I'll make the most if being 'all' while it lasts. Today is looking like this:

B: porridge (HeB), berries, yogurt, coffee x2 (1)
S: 2x thorntons mini bites (7) 2x coffee (1)
L: frittata (HeA)
S: coffee (0.5)
D: fiesta pork casserole, mashed spuds
S: might have an options with a dash of milk (3)

No exercise today as been busy but a good day nonetheless

xx

This morning I weighed in at a post pregnancy low of 10st 8.8 - whoop whoop. I tried the dress on I bought for tomorrows christening and sadly it's no good. It's stretchy material and is too tight on my tummy, bum and thighs but it is looser than when I bought it so all is not lost I suppose. It means I'll have to wear something old tomorrow but it's hardly the end of the world.

Today looks like this at the minute:

B: berries and yogurt
L: Moroccan cous cous salad from slug and lettuce (HeB for any oil used)
S: costa latte (HeA)
D: home made special fried rice (0.5)
S: 3x gin and slimline (12)

Going for a run later on too and shopping in a bit so lots of body magic :)

xx

Good day so far but am feeling a bit under the weather so no run for me. I went to bed instead! I think I'm just run down but I am getting fed up of always being I'll, I've never been a sickly person in the past. Foodwise all has gone to plan so far. Tea is cooking and I am very much looking forward to it.

xx

At a christening yesterday so food choices weren't great and had a couple of Vinos. BUT normally I'd cone home, think I'd wrecked the day, eat loads of choc, probably pizza and definitely loads more wine. This time, I came hone had water and nothing else to eat cos I was full. Also after a horrendous day I'd usually carry on for at least another day undoing all my good work. Today however, I've been amazingly SWy! I've had:

B: berries and yog
L: mcdonalds grilled chicken and bacon salad (1.5 syns) diet coke
D: mango chicken and coleslaw from SW book, SW chips
HeA: milk in coffee x3, little chunk of cheese that fell into my mouth when I was grating it for ds
HeB: haven't had it yet!

So only had 1.5 syns so far - amazing for me to get straight back on the wagon after a day off plan - whoop whoop!

xx

Just a quick update - had two Alpen lights for my HeB and a choc brownie options (3) with a nice slug of milk from my HeA for my supper. Very nice indeed xx

Had a shock earlier when I realised that it's actually Tuesday and wi is tomorrow! It's spurred me on to be super good again and hopefully the scales wi be nice to me :) Today looks like this:

B: porridge (5), berries, yog
L: pea and ham soup, 3x krisprolls (heb), activia
S: fruit of some kind
D: savoury mince (0.5) Sweden mash, baby corn, asparagus
S: milk in coffee (hea), options (2)

Long day at work so no excercise but hoping I've done enough for a loss tomorrow.

xx

Back