Bye bye baby belly

Thelasttime

Tomorrow I am joining Slimming World as I attempt to lose a stone of baby weight which has been hanging around since I had my little boy in November last year. Then I need to lose an extra stone, maybe a little bit more to hopefully be finally, well and truly happy with myself.

Over the years I've tried pretty much every diet going...weightwatchers, south beach, atkins, calorie counting, hypno-dieting but I am still overweight and unhappy. There's a Slimming World class started up in my village so I thought I'd give it a try.

I really need this to be the time I lose weight and keep it off for good. I'm hoping to be at my goal of 9st (well in the 8s really) by the end of the year and hope I can use the support here to make that happen. I'll post my weight tomorrow after weigh in and also my food for the day.

Watch this space xx

Hi I'm Sarah, I've still got a stone of baby weight to lose and my little boy is 2!!!! I've always struggled with my weight, but when I was pregnant I put 3 and half stone on, good luck with your weigh in, I've been going to slimming world 5 weeks and lost five pounds and had a weeks camping holiday during those weeks so I'm mega happy with sw.xxx

Hello, I had my little girl 20months ago. I put on just over 2stone during pregnancy, but i was already a bit overweight when I fell pregnant! I lost most of the baby weight, only to put it back on again!! Earlier this year i decided enough was enough!!
I've lost 11lbs so far, 6lbs of that by doing SW for the past 6 weeks. I really like the plan and don't see so much as a diet but more of a healthy way of life. I've almost lost my first stone and I would like to lose another 3. Very happy with SW plan and hope to stick to it and i too have yo-yoed for years! Good luck x

Hi, I am also joining a slimming world group tomorrow and I know exactly how you feel!
Good luck for tomorrow and I will definately keep and eye on how you are getting on.
Michelle x

yep I have been there too. SW is a brilliant plan, takes a couple of days to get your head round it but it does work even though you eat loads, I love it, yum yum yum

Day 1

Ok so I braved the scales and went to my first ever SW class. I weigh 11st 5 so although it's horrible, I have a starting point. I am going to give Extra Easy a try so today's plan looks like this:

B: porridge (HeB) skimmed milk (HeA) strawberries
L: tuna, pasta, tomatoes, sweetcorn, laughing cow x3 (3 Syns)
D: salmon, potato wedges, broccoli, cauli, baby sweetcorn
S: rest of milk for coffee, curly wurly (6 Syns), fruit salad an FF yogurt

So 9 Syns so far. My consultant said to try to have close to 15 for the first few weeks so you can cut back when your weightloss slows down so I will have a few more when I get my head around it all.

xx

Well done on taking that first step. My first class is at 7pm tonight and I know I am alot heavier than you but I also feel the same as you, as in it is a starting block!
I have to sit down tonight and try and get my head around it all...
Good luck this week and I will keep an eye on your diary and how you are getting on x

Good luck Mini Mum, an sure you will be fine!

I've just been for my first run in ages, managed to do 5k non-stop which i was pretty chuffed with. It took me 45 mins though which is a bit disappointing as I used to be able to do that distance in about 22 mins so some work there to do me thinks! It's been a long time though so I can't be too disappointed.

Tea is cooking which is good cos I am starving. Got salmon, wedges and veggies and gave still only had 3 Syns....hmmm what shall I have?

xx

Day 2

Yesterday went well, I think. After my run, I had salmon, wedges and veggies then a hot choc (3.5 syns) with an extra 100ml of skimmed milk and 6 fizzy cola bottles which brought my Syns up to 15. Going to aim for 10 today as not going to have time to exercise as got to take DS swimming then meeting friends for coffee (NO cake).

So today's plan is:

B: fruit salad and FF yog
L: omelette with tomatoes, mushrooms and onion plus a bit of cheese (6 Syns) wholemeal pitta (HeB)
S: latte (HeA)
D: pork 'sausage' - basically pork mince mixed with onion and herbs baked in the oven, with sweet potato wedges and veggies

Really need to go shopping too but not sure if we'll have time. Might have to be a job for tomorrow. Lord knows how I'm going to fit everything in when I go back to work in august.

xx

Successful day so far! Fruit and yog for brekkie, omelette for lunch and just a filter coffee while I was out so just half a syn for the milk - go me! All my friends had cake but I declined, and even brought the little biscuit home for hubby. Just having a drink of bovril before doing tea for littlun, surprised how nice it is,actually, might be my new thing!

Change of plan for tea now as can't be faffed doing the sausages so they can wait til tomorrow. I'm just going to have tuna, pasta, veggies and laughing cow. Tesco trip tomorrow so am gong to do a bit of a menu plan later as I feel a bit lost at the minute as to what I can have. It's not easy this diet lark, is it?

xx

Just had an 'interesting' snack before bed. What with pitta bread confusion and lack of shopping I still hadn't had my HeB. So I have just had 2 weetabix spread with a tsp of clover, sprinkled with Splenda and cinnamon. Not sure it was entirely true to the plan as there was no superfree food included but boy was it lovely :0)

Total Syns for today = 9 whoop, whoop

xx

Day 3

Made a mistake this morning by getting on the scales to find I'm just half an lb down since Wednesday. I know its only a couple if days but I really expected that is have lost a bit of water. But I'm not going to let it send me off track.

Today looks like this:

B porridge (HeB) fruit, skimmed (HeA)
S coffee with s/skimmed
L savoury rice, fruit salad and yog
S bovril
D pork in tomatoes, brown rice
S gin x3 (12 syns)

So that'll be a total of 12 syns, doing well and really pleased with how it's going so far. Just hoping the scales reflect all my hard work next week.

xx

Phew, avoided a wobble today I think! Met a friend for coffee at 11.30 but didn't have lunch first, thinking I'd get something after. Was v good and had a black coffee but then decided to do the weekly shop. In tesco, they had loads of little free samples on the deli counter and I'm ashamed to say hunger got the better of me...but I think it'll be ok. I had a little bit of spicy sausage which I'm counting as 1 sym and three cubes of cheese which I'm going to use as the rest of my HeA cos I never drink 350ml of milk anyway. All the food was calling to me but I stuck to what I needed and survived with all my gin Syns intact! Just cooking some savoury rice and am going to have an activia yog too cos I'm off out for a run when hubby finishes work.

Having donner kebab fake-away, SW chips and salad for tea. Massively looking forward to that!

xx

Run done - 37 mins today so pleased with that. Tea is in the oven and I have a gin on the go...could I be any happier? Hmmmm, syn free wine and choc or one of them size 8 bods that never gets bigger no matter what you eat, but hey ho, not a bad feeling :0)

Anyway, today ended up looking like this:

B Porridge (hexb), skimmed milk (hexa), berries
L savoury rice, activia
D lean lamb donner, SW chips, salad
S bit of chorizo (1 syn) gin x2 or 3 (8 or 12 Syns)

And that's it, another good day :0)

xx

Am just lying here thinking about my food for the day and what I've eaten and I am wondering how the hell I'm supposed to lose weight! I am trying to trust in the plan but it's hard to believe that eating donner kebabs, albeit fake ones, 'fry' ups and Chinese takeaways is going to help me lose weight. Even so today looks like this:

B: porridge made with water (HeB), fruit, FF yog
L: omelette, cheese (HeA), veggies, followed by fruit
D: chicken chow mien (7 Syns but will check weight), vodka with any remaining Syns
S: activia yog, fruit if needed

xx

Sunday already, where has the weekend gone???? Yesterday was nice. It was the first time we'd been without DS since he was born in Nov last year as he went to spend the day with his grandparents. Now what debauched behaviour did myself and DH engage in, I hear to ask? Decorating, that's what. Who would have thought it would have come to this but after 7 months of looking after a baby 24 hours a day it was nice to be able to get stuck into something without distraction. It's not finished but we're almost there so a good day all round.

As a treat we ordered a Chinese for tea. I had a chicken chow mein and weighed out 500g which was plenty and aparently 9 syns. I had a stress wobble then though and thought I'd eaten way too much so I didn't end up having my voddy and came in at 10.5 syns for the day.

We're off into town today as I want to get some earrings with my birthday money. Hubby said 'shall we have lunch out' which threw me into another panic as I'd just had a 'fry' up and feel like I've over-eaten again, even though I know in my heart I haven't. A quick look online and I think I'll be ok. So today's plan looks like this:

B: Quorn sausage (1) mushrooms, tomato, 2 x bacon medallions, 2 x nimble (HeB) scrambled egg
L: Slug and lettuce Moroccan salad - grilled chicken in harrissa marinade, chickpea couscous, sweet potato wedges, salad (I'll have no dressing). I think this is mostly free but I will have a glass of wine (8) and count the remainder of my syns for the day towards this.
D: Diced pork (fat removed) in tomatoes, boiled rice, 1/2 syn fruit roulade for

My HeA will be my skimmed milk although I'll be no way near 350ml!

Am so scared this is not going to work, feels like all I do is eat and feels like I have bad things, even when I don't. I suppose I'm just used to the 'lkettuce leaf' type diets and being starving all the time. I will find out on Wednesday I suppose!:eek:

Crikey, what a long and rambling post - this is why I normally update from my phone rather than the laptop, much easier to waffle with a regular keyboard in front of you :p (and I can use smileys too :D)

xx

Well done on taking the decision to join SW x
You've not had an easy first weekend, but seem to be coping with it very well, eating out or takeaways are always a minefield.
The day after I joined SW my mother treated me to a three course lunch at Cafe rouge, with lots of wine, but I managed to STS, so something must have been working:eek:

Thanks ginlin, am going well at the minute, just hope I can keep it up for the long haul!

Have had a lovely day, the weather is so beautiful. We went into town, had a lovely lunch all within my plan, got me a new bead for my pandora bracelet with my bday money (couldn't find any earrings I liked) and got some reduced stuff from the habitat closing down sale. I did have a previously unaccounted for skinny cappuccino but as I've counted my milk as my HeA today and harpy used any, I figured I'm ok there.

I like m new bead but have to admit my bracelet is getting a bit tight now so I really need to lose weight before I get any more. I only usually get them for special occasions anyway so have decided that the next one will be when reach 10st and after that it will be when I'm at my 9st target! So the theory is, as I lose weight it should get looser meaning there's room for the new charms AND it'll be a nice incentive for me to stick at it and a reward for my hard work. Genius :0)

xx

Done eating for the day now. Just had pork in tomatoes, garlic, obion smd mushrooms, brown rice and fruit roulade thingy for pud. I didn't get out for a run but did do half an hour on the spinning bike. Tomorrow will be run or zumba depending on what my friend is doing. Feeling positive today, like this might just work ;0)

xx

Back