Bye bye jelly belly and thunder thighs

My appraisal went better than I expected, I got a very good, which I was pleased with and should get a pay rise too. Been a hard week, I skipped wi last week just because I needed some me time.

We are only on episode 3 of HoC as we are watching it together and we haven't had much down time since Sunday. Been on project bedroom

And have been sent home from work sick for the second day running :( think it is just a stress reaction to everything that is going on, topped off by my manager being a douche and saying I couldn't have time off to be with my sister. Ended up really upset and spoke to another manager, who had no idea about my sister at all deity me saying that I would prefer people to know who has just sorted it all out and this week we have a new manager who I like much more thank goodness! And douche bag manager is going to get told off about what he has done. So day at home with hot water bottle and tv to recover. Am hoping to pop to wi later as don't want to miss another week. Have been on my scales which are 11st 1.25lb which I think will be a loss. And am now only 3.25lb away from pre holiday weight.

Am taking my sister to hospital on Monday for fertility treatment as she needs her eggs harvested and she needs a heart scan too, think that will make it all very real for me as I haven't been to any appointments with her yet.

Attachments

• image-1581408681.jpg
    image-1581408681.jpg
    437.4 KB · Views: 38
  • image-170585290.jpg
    image-170585290.jpg
    368.1 KB · Views: 38
  • image-1724037506.jpg
    image-1724037506.jpg
    317.6 KB · Views: 36
Hey hun,

Huge congrats on your appraisal score - very well deserved! And yay to a pay rise too!

Sorry to hear your ex manager was a total douche and glad it's been sorted so you can spend time with your sister. The support means the world to her, I'm sure.

Bedroom looks totally fab! Love your bedside tables. We need some new ones but I can't find any I like!

Great news on the scales too - so close to pre holiday weight!

xxx

I actually picked the bedside tables because they have a side table which matches and the tv is on that. We have a new bed coming 2 weeks on Saturday as well :) a king size one which my mum and dad wills able to sleep in, my dad is too tall for the bed frame I have which given everything that is going on didn't seem practical. Also having a chair to go in the little nook in the corner, it's a funny shape room as it's the top of a town house so taken a while to decide on what to do but nearly there.

Trying to decide what to do about lunch, I still feel very yuk, and tummy hurts a lot when I stand up which was mainly why I ended up coming home from work. I have been asleep again literally spent 18 hours of the last 24 asleep! I usually have eggs mushroom and onion for lunch on wi day so will try to do that is quick and easy and I think plain enough for my tummy.

Last edited:
Managed lunch and got a mini can of diet coke. Been to sleep again really want to drag myself to wi. And really need to go to work tomoro. And I need to think about food for tonight and tomoro as well. My sister is coming over on Friday evening too so need to think about that too. Then my best friend from school coming on Saturday and my parents are coming round too. So need to get better!

Think I am better, am going to work tomoro again to try again! Think I will be ok have had pizza and a creme egg for dinner that Ben picked up. Tucked up now made it to wi lost 2lb so sneaked another loss in and back to 2st overall. So 6.5lb to target now, the hardest bit. Probably should fast tomoro ready for the weekend and any indulgences! Not that I feel like it much at the moment, especially no alcohol! Will see tho, need to think of a plan or at least options!

Had a sneaky scale hop to see what damage my pizza did, am down to 11st 0 3/4lbs so half a lb down. Hopefully that will keep me motivated for a fast day today! Feel less horrific today, hopefully the smell of food won't put me off again which it really did yesterday!

At work with my water feeling ok but luckily not hungry so fast day should be easier than I thought. Am tired tho so looking forward to home time! 6 hours to go!!

Had an epic fast day meal of cod chermoula with cauliflower, mange tout and baby corn enormous and super low cal! Going to be a long evening tho I think as only 5:30 and in jim jams already! Might need a hot drink to distract me maybe a decaf latte with sugar free syrup think that will hit the spot. Got a semi plan for my best friend visit we are going to see fifty shades so need to plan around that am thinking of a 5:00 showing then dinner and home to drink and bottle of wine with shopping and lunch before hand then maybe brunch out on Sunday before she goes home. Is fun planning stuff!

Forgot the bat bit about today I now will officially work 4 days a week, a bit of an odd pattern as I have to fit around other stuff but will work mon-weds be off thurs/fri work Saturday be off Sunday/Monday and work tues-thurs so gives me more time to be with my sister and definitely a day every week. Planning some box set action with her I think when she is well enough and otherwise I'll read and she can sleep.

I'm back in the 10's yay!!!! 10st 13.5lb whoop! Hoping that will make me make better choices over the weekend..... Plan is pretty much in place hopefully seaside tomoro for lunch, there is an Art Deco pier that has been restored and opened with a cafe that we have been meaning to go to and think forecast is ok, if it's not town! Then 50 shades and dinner at waacha with pre dinner cocktail I expect as they don't take reservations then home and a bottle of bubbly. Hopefully not a late night as I can't do that anymore!!

Spent the last hour in the kitchen prepping breakfast and lunch for the day! Had a Linda mcartney sausage for pre breakfast snack as fast day yesterday. Proper breakfast is strawberry baked oats with a grapefruit which I'll have at work. Lunch pastrami cheese and mustard sarnie with cucumber celery and carrot batons with home made dip of quark, cottage cheese and franks hot sauce, strawberries apple and yog. Dinner is beef kofta with cauliflower rice with my sister. Not sure how long she will stay am hoping not too late! She is driving so at least no wine! Still not feeling 100% after tues/weds.

Working 9-6 today which is sooo boring and we'll be over staffed later which makes is mega boring. Last 5 day week this week tho which seems odd.

Had breakfast mark 2 was v nice with strawberries tho probably wouldn't use fresh strawberries regularly as they are a bit expensive but they needed using.

Feel like someone is driving a nail thru my temple from the stress this morning at work! Super stress!

Had beef kofta and cauliflower rice for dinner with my sister. She has gone she was feeling really poorly from the hormones to harvest her eggs :( was not nice feeling useless

Scales still said 10st 13.5lb this morning, but had waahca this evening and wine lots of wine!

View from the top,of the pier where we had lunch :) saw 50 shades was bored by the end of it :eek: I'd not read the books so had no idea what was going to happen!

My friend said I looked thinner than last time she saw me, I'm not really only 3lb but think that makes a difference.

tomoro is shopping and free coffee and cake in john Lewis :D

Attachments

• image-1743848779.jpg
    image-1743848779.jpg
    491.8 KB · Views: 28
Struggling to sleep. My sister has put a status on Facebook about her diagnosis. Am feeling really conflicted about it. She works for a cancer charity in PR so I understand her sharing it in one way but it also feels such a public way of dealing with it. Am very proud of her for doing it and I am thinking about sharing it but I'm not sure. I am trying to decide if I should ask her what to do.

Scales down to 10at 12.75lb so am now 0.75lb above holiday weight. So pretty happy with that will make me make better choices today I hope! Got lots of fruit so no excuses. Will make up a big pot for tomoro to snack on while we are waiting at the hospital.

Slept really badly again last night. Not sure what we are doing today as not sure what time my friend needs to go home she has a really long drive and an 18 month old when she gets there too! Thinking town as weather is rubbish and we can potter around and can be as quick or as long as we want. Then I might have a nap before some chill time with Ben and maybe some HoC :)

Bought a size 12 dress in primark feeling very pleased as fits nicely. And made good choices out, no cake in Starbucks :) just a skinny cappuccino with sugar free vanilla syrup and came home and had cottage cheese tuna and crudités for lunch. Going to defrost chicken for dinner and have with whatever veg I can rummage for. Will go shopping tomoro I think

Hey lovely, congrats on the scales - that's an awesome result. Hope you had a lovely day with your friend xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Had a lovely time with my friend she lives in Chester so we only catch up infrequently but was fab, I nearly cried when she left :( we went to primary school together but different secondary schools, college uni etc and stayed friends through out it. She knows my sister too which is nice.

Ended up with fillet steak for dinner, Ben was feeling neglected after Friday Eve with my sister and last night with Kelly and tomoro taking my sister to hospital apps. I didn't have chips I had salad and couldn't finish the steak despite Ben cooking it to perfection, he is getting very good at steaks :D so feeling virtuous today with my choices I am over syns but in a controlled way and didn't have either HEXB or my second HEXA so cal wise it's probably not bad.

Finally getting my hair done on Thursday is so needed it looks awful at the moment!

Had a bit of an up and down day. The first hospital appointment was awful the dose of hormones wasn't enough to get her eggs ready to be harvested and as she is on a really tight schedule to start chemo it's very upsetting for her. The dr is very short and doesn't read her notes so never knows why she is there and said she was over weight which while may be true she hasn't been planning this. Grrr.

And we were there for hours instead of just popping in. So back on Friday.

This afternoon was the cancer hospital and was really quick and easy her heart is fine for all the treatment so that's great news. Had a good look at the delicious Ella book which was really interesting. And bought chai seeds so will be adding those to my baked oats for sure from now on.

HoC this evening and cuddles before a 6:30 start tomoro!

Had a nice HoC evening now ready for bed :) odd being off an extra day feels nice and chilled tho.

Was good to spend all day with my sister if a bit unusual.

Back