Cafe Rouge

welshgirl21

Silver Member
I started SW on Monday and my parents are coming to visit this weekend and taking me and OH to Cafe Rouge on Saturday.

I don't want to ruin my weigh-in on my first week so what would you reccommend? I'm thinking some kind of pasta in tomato sauce or a salad maybe? Or maybe grilled fish?

I usually have the duck confit with delphinois (sp) potato which I'll have to avoid like the plague with the cheese and cream in those potatoes lol :)

Any tips appreciated.

Hi hun
Realise it's too late and you've already been, but looking at the menu I would have gone for:

Starters:
Goats cheese salad, dressing on the side counting the cheese as 1 or 2 of your HEXAs depending on what plan you do and how much cheese there is!

Or the platter of serrano ham prob wouldn't be too high

Mains:
One of the steaks, without the butter. And ask if you can swap the chips for new potatoes

Salad Paysanne - dressing on the side. Only syns would be for the avocado and any fat on the bacon. Count the grana padano as your HEXA or ask for without

Nicoise salad (I had this last time we went) - dressing on the side, syn the olives

Demi poulet - leave the skin, ask for without butter and swap the fries for new potatoes or salad

Moules Provencales - again new pots or salad instead of fries

Hope that helps someone, what did you go for in the end?

Back