Caffiene Withdrawl

Meneither

The Me Is Back.........
As you may have seen in my previous post preperation im trying to cut down on my coffee intake, and i must admit i have been pretty good over the last few days i have only been having 1 or 2 cups a day, and have been drinking loads of water yesterday 4 and half litres.

All i can say is this is painfull i have had a splitting head ache for the last four days i have been up half the night, this morning i have got the shakes and there is no coffee left in my house and i have run out of pain killers.

Other than the headache im fine im still focused on starting on starting CD next week and becoming a slimmer me.

At the moment
I WANT TO SCREAM..................

Me.

ouch
i feel for you
i started cd yesterday
i am allowing myself 1 coffee a day
104796765223111.gif

if you have nothing in for the pain try putting a cold flannel over ya forehead it might help a little

and if you want to scream then scream away
goingmad.gif

just not within ear shot of me as i to have a little headache :rotflmao:

Thanks Misdee

I have always thought of decaff as defeating the whole object of coffee or tea, a bit like Diet coke I want the caffine i want the sugar etc, however as iam embarking on the road of a fitter me and i supose because im getting older i think its more a case i drink coffee not only as i like it but its more the taste so if i can get the taste without the caffiene surly thats good.
In the mean time i just remebered i have Tea.

Me.

for me its more about the taste than the caffine. though diet caffine free coke taste like sh*te IMO.

caffine is a drug remember, and as much as i liek the odd caffine hit (ooo buzzing) switching to decaff was a good thing. I went on hols with my inlaws about 6months after i switched and they bought they usual tea with them. For 4 days after we got home i went through withdrawal again and it was like a really really bad hangover.

But then i turned the tables on my family last year when i went with them and took decaff tea, by the end of the week they had vowed to switch over to decaff as they felt so much better. My family are big tea drinkers.

it was like a really really bad hangover.

Hangover is not the word for it it feels like the mother of all hangovers.

Im Never going to Drink again

Just hope i dont go through the same when i start cd through lack of carbs.

Hangover is not the word for it it feels like the mother of all hangovers.

Im Never going to Drink again

Just hope i dont go through the same when i start cd through lack of carbs.

ok mother of all hangovers :D you are right. But in a few days you will feel amazing honestly.

Lack of carbs hangover isnt as bad as the caffine withdrawal, try and cut down slowly though before you start. I was using whole grain breads and rice before I started this, and the whole withdrawel lasted just over a day.

i was told the 3/4th day is the worst for lac of carbs then it gets much easier
for that sake of a week maybe we will hopefully all feel the benefits of cd

Have just found following on a web site about substance addiction.

(D. Perrine Ph.D.) (From most to least addictive)

1. Nicotine
2. Alcohol
3. Heroin
4. Cocaine (Nasal)
5. Caffeine
6. Marijuana

Me.

scary isnt it.

so many dont realise how addictive it is. i dont lecture people as like i say the odd caffine hit is quite welcome.

i felt really tired and down for days afterwards, i kept sleeping on the sofa, and considering I am meant to be on 'call' 24/7 for my husband it was quite scary. Peter even makes me de-caff tea at the hospital.

I'm going to be going through the same thing, for me it isn't coffee i barely drink warm drinks and then its hot chocolate but its Cola, i drink so much diet coke in fact its all i drink so i am very much dreading hitting caffiene and Carb withdrawal at the same time! Not to mention i quit smoking nearly a month ago :eek:

Dear me I dont do things by half :p

Really hope the tea helps with the headache and your feeling better soon xxx

Bekie :D

Have been out and brought some pain killers which are helping a bit on my second cup of black tea with sugar (only 1 spoon) still a week to go to CD Day, hoping my head feels a lot better by 1.30 as start work at 2.30, not sure if i can face working a train wth a splitting head.

Me.

yes im being very good have had 2 and half litres of water today so far im finding it a lot easier to drink water than i thought it would be, so hopefully good practise for when i start cd on the 29th, hopefully by getting this out of the way now it will be easier to ss from next week when i start cd.

Me.

yes your bladder will thank you for it :)

mine doesnt like me atm its working too hard lol.

Have been out and brought some pain killers which are helping a bit on my second cup of black tea with sugar (only 1 spoon) still a week to go to CD Day, hoping my head feels a lot better by 1.30 as start work at 2.30, not sure if i can face working a train wth a splitting head.

Me.

Maybe start taking your black tea with sweeteners as when you start you are not allowed sugar, tablet sweeteners only ......!
Good job you got the pills you dont want to be working with a bad head.

yes your bladder will thank you for it :)

mine doesnt like me atm its working too hard lol.

I had noticed the extra trips to the loo thankfully the trains i work all have toilets...

Me.

Back