caffine!

jaxmummy

Silver Member
So ive given up diet coke as i was drinking far too much of it (2litres a day if not more) well now im on day 7 and not one drop has passed my lips but im sooooooo tired, in fact i could easily go to sleep now and its just gone 4pm. Im forever yawning and hubby says im moody since ive give up. Has anyone else found this?? or could this be as my mum says the actual toll of my excess weight on the body and the caffine has just been masking it. Has anyone got any tips for feeling more energised?

It's probably just withdrawal symptoms it will pass :) I just changed from coke to diet coke when I started SW lol

Well youve done the right thing giving it up, dont forget caffeine keeps you awake so the amount you were drinking will have been giving you energy and now body will be withdrawing from it.

My OH had to give up coffee after drinking so many cups of it every day for years that he started getting heart palpitations. For the first few weeks he was moody and tired but it passed! I guess it is just withdrawal and your body getting used to functioning without it :)

Thanks guys i hope it passes and hopefully before i start my nights as thats messes me up enough haha

Never thought I could give up the diet coke let alone not even be bothered by not having it anymore.

My oh has cut down to one glass of coke a day as he was drinking loads a day. He's mood is loads better now but it took a few days lol. I will treat myself to a bottle now and again but I like my sf squash :).

It will pass, I used to drink loads of coffee and diet coke and felt tired when I stopped, I still have a glass of diet coke with my tea but that's it and I've switched to de-caff coffee now, sometimes have the proper stuff for my first drink in a morning but not very often now (also if I fancy a cup of tea its the proper stuff but think I'll buy decaff next time I need to stock up) I feel so much better off caffeine now I'm used to it

Agree with everyone, it is withdrawal. I could drink litres and litres of diet coke but gave it up for health reasons. Feel so much better off it. I had a glass last night though "as a treat" (I'm sad I know but no booze as well means I deserve something hehe) and was up all night!! Craziness x

Back