Cake mix cupcake - how many pp?

Ukgal

Hi there had a cake mix cupcake with a swirl of cream on at a playdate today. Dr Oetker if that helps. No idea of NV for points. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Was it cream (like out a can) or buttercream?

I regularly make cupcakes with buttercream and they generally have something in the region of 12-14pp per cupcake. Depends how much buttercream was on the top though because thats the real point killer lol.

No it was a plain sponge cupcake with a little whipped cream (heaped tsp) piped on top and a mandarin segment.

Ukgal said:
No it was a plain sponge cupcake with a little whipped cream (heaped tsp) piped on top and a mandarin segment.

Tbsp! Sorry!

You're probably looking at around 8pp then hon. x

Found some NV on Dr Oetker site. Seems that most cupcakes come out at 5 pp each (plus topping) if you follow directions and make 12.

Found some NV on Dr Oetker site. Seems that most cupcakes come out at 5 pp each (plus topping) if you follow directions and make 12.

Is that 'as prepared' though? With things like mixtures etc it's very difficult to point unless the NI is as prepared because they get higher when you make them. Things like powdered soup etc often list the NI of the item in it's original form, then it changes when water/milk etc is added.

Back