Total Solution Cake or No Cake?!

xSherrie.Chointellex

Silver Member
Its my first WI tomorrow and its also my daughters 2nd birthday. Its been playing on my mind all week wether to have a tiny bit of her birthday cake or not, will it throw me out of ketosis?

I was actually debating wether to post this as I was kind of scared that people would tell that it would be fine, because I'm not sure if I would feel like I have failed if I have a tiny bit. I don't feel like I WANT some cake but I don't want to feel like I haven't taken part, the birthday cakes our always a big thing in our family and everyone gets a bit!

Help! Lol x

I would say don't do it Sherrie. Once you have a taste it is so difficult (personally speaking) to keep on the straight and narrow. Your daughter won't notice if you have any cake or not. Getting fit and healthy is a much better birthday treat! (Hope that doesn't sound like I'm preaching? I just know what a struggle it can be at the best of times.)

I would say don't do it Sherrie. Once you have a taste it is so difficult (personally speaking) to keep on the straight and narrow. Your daughter won't notice if you have any cake or not. Getting fit and healthy is a much better birthday treat! (Hope that doesn't sound like I'm preaching? I just know what a struggle it can be at the best of times.)

Not at all I totally agree with you! I think I know what I will do and think I already made my mind up a few days ago, I just needed fellow Exante'rs to tell me what I needed to hear so I don't give in when I'm there and feel like a failure!

Thankyou x

No cake! There will be many other birthdays and cakes. Keep on the straight and narrow and you will be eating them sooner rather than later xx

Very true Sarette!!! Thankyou x

Definitely dont have any birthday cake. Having a little something here and there can turn into full on eating and people falling off the wagon.

Food will still be there when we've finished our weight loss journeys and there will be plenty more years of birthday cakes to enjoy!

If you get tempted by a piece of cake just picture yourself at your daughter's birthday party next year, think how slim you'll be by then :D

It's so hard to get back into it I'd say no but then it's your choice. I'd ask myself if I hadn't had cake would I regret it later and if I did have cake would I regret it later?
But I would say with all the sugar it'd def kick your arse out of ketosis x

Definitely dont have any birthday cake. Having a little something here and there can turn into full on eating and people falling off the wagon.

Food will still be there when we've finished our weight loss journeys and there will be plenty more years of birthday cakes to enjoy!

If you get tempted by a piece of cake just picture yourself at your daughter's birthday party next year, think how slim you'll be by then :D

Thats exactly what I am going to do BB lol thankyou x

It's so hard to get back into it I'd say no but then it's your choice. I'd ask myself if I hadn't had cake would I regret it later and if I did have cake would I regret it later?
But I would say with all the sugar it'd def kick your arse out of ketosis x

Yeah thats what I was thinking, definitely not worth it is it, thankyou x

So I cut the cake up and shared it out and I wasn't even tempted! It just didn't seem worth it for such a small piece. So proud of myself x

Well done! Thats definitely something to be proud of. xxx

xSherrie.Chointellex said:
So I cut the cake up and shared it out and I wasn't even tempted! It just didn't seem worth it for such a small piece. So proud of myself x

Brilliant. You have got your head in exactly the right place. You want go lose weight, you made the rules, you stuck to it. You will win, great well done.

GSQ

Thankyou everyone :) x

Well done! Bit late joining in i know, but a couple of weeks ago it was my sons 1st birthday, and i wasnt planning on having any cake, but i did :( and i regret it as that one cake gave me a taste for food and one thing led to another and before i knew it i had eaten for 5 days! i know its knowbodys fault but my own, but i definatly wont be making that mistake again, as it was so much harder to get back into the diet the 2nd time round and it took 5 days to get into ketosis, but thankfully i am focussed again!
Well done again! :)

Well done! Bit late joining in i know, but a couple of weeks ago it was my sons 1st birthday, and i wasnt planning on having any cake, but i did :( and i regret it as that one cake gave me a taste for food and one thing led to another and before i knew it i had eaten for 5 days! i know its knowbodys fault but my own, but i definatly wont be making that mistake again, as it was so much harder to get back into the diet the 2nd time round and it took 5 days to get into ketosis, but thankfully i am focussed again!
Well done again! :)

Thankyou for sharing that, I would have been the same and carried on eating after as once I get a taste for food I just cant stop! Thats why I think Slimming World doesn't work for me as well as I'd like it too, I love the plan but the fact that I can make all this lovely food really low fat is a bad thing as I don't just have a small amount of it, I have loads!!! x

Back