Cake Recipes - low fat, low sugar!

alioreilly

Has anybody got any good ideas for low pointed cakes, it would be really good if we could see how low points we could get to for geuine cake ideas!!!

I have one which is 15 points for the whole thing:

Fruit loaf

200g self-raising flour
250ml skimmed milk
90g dried fruit (any kind)
20g artificial sweetener
25g glacier cherries
1 level teaspoon bicarbonate of soda

Pre-heat oven to 180C or gas mark 4. Grease loaf tin. Mix all ingredients together, empty into loaf tin. Bake for approx 50 mins on middle shelf. Leave to cool on rack.

Delicious!!!:D

Well, im gonna give that one a go tomorrow! It sounds great! I cant do better than 15points per recipe, but this one is from the ww cook book and is yummy:

18.5 points per recipe (2.5 per serving)

3 x 15g whole wheat crispbreads
low fat cooking spray
400g low fat soft cheese
3 eggs
3 tablespoons granulated artificial sweetner
150ml 0% fat greek yogurt
1 tblspn vanilla extract
1/4 x 23g packet of sugar free strawberry jelly made with 150ml boiling water.
175g fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced.

1. preheat the oven t gas 3/160 C/ fan 140 C. Put the crispbreads in a food processor and wiz until fine crumbs. spray an 18cm loose bottom round cake tin with low fat cooking spray. put the crumb into the tin and shake the crumbs around the tin to coat. empty out any excess and discard.
2. put the soft cheese, eggs, sweetener, yogurt and canilla extract into a bowl and wisk until smooth. poor into the cake tin and bake in the oven for 30 mins until just set. it should have a slight wobble in the middle.
3. leave to cool in the tin for 30 minutes meanwhile, dissolve the jelly into the boiling water and set aside. when both are cool, arrange the strawberry slices over the top of the cheesecake and poor over the helly. chill for at least 1.5 hrs until set. remove from the tin and slice to serve.

hope this helps someones sugar cravings. ;) xxx

aPPLE CAKE 11.5pts for entire cake
aPPLE PART
jar tesco value apple sauce 2.5
CAKE MIXTURE
2 EGG -3PTS
25G SWEETNER 0PTS
100G PLAIN FLOUR 4.5PTS
TBSP BAKING POWDER-0PTS
20G BERTOLLI 1.5PTS
Preheat the oven to 180C.
In a bowl, to make the meringue, whisk the egg whites and sugar until stiff peaks form.
Sift the flour and the baking powder over the bowl and mix well with the meringue gently.
Add the melted butter and the apple preserve, lightly fold them into the mixture, then spoon into a tin (I use L19cm x D9cm x H9cm square non-stick).
Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until skewer inserted into the centre comes out dry. Remove the cake from the oven, leave for 5 minutes, then turn out onto wire racks to cool. Serve with sifted icing sugar if you like or whatever you like. Enjoy!

Thanks for the apple recipe, I will certainly be trying it! Just one small question - do you use the egg yolks because they are not mentioned and if so, then you do not need to use the 3 points for them!

oh yeah i forgot to take off the yolk points, yeah the eggs are no pts.

lemon drizzle cake

2 eggs 3pts
40g sweetner
10 tables spoon lemon juice and zest
5 tables spoon lime juice
75g flour 5pts plain
25g icing 1.5pt
pinch salt
9.5pts for entire cake

Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 5/190°C/375°F/fan oven 170°C. Spray a 20cm (8 inch) round loose-bottomed cake tin with low fat cooking spray and line the base with a circle of greaseproof paper.In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, sweetner and half the lemon and lime zest together using a hand-held electric mixer until very thick, light and airy. This will take about 5 minutes. Gently fold in the flour and salt using a large metal spoon. Transfer to the cake tin and level the surface.Bake the cake for 10-12 minutes until firm, yet slightly springy to touch. Put the cake, in the tin, on a wire cooling rack.Put the lemon and lime juice into a small saucepan with the remaining zest. Add the icing sugar and heat gently until dissolved. Bring to the boil, then immediately remove from the heat. Slowly spoon this syrup over the cake whilst the cake is still warm. Cool in the tin, then remove carefully. Serve when cold

I've just made the lemon drizzle, if it turns out nice, i'll tell ya. just waiting for it to cool.

well the texture is a little springy and more like a tea bread but it tastes nice :)

Well, im gonna give that one a go tomorrow! It sounds great! I cant do better than 15points per recipe, but this one is from the ww cook book and is yummy:

18.5 points per recipe (2.5 per serving)

3 x 15g whole wheat crispbreads
low fat cooking spray
400g low fat soft cheese
3 eggs
3 tablespoons granulated artificial sweetner
150ml 0% fat greek yogurt
1 tblspn vanilla extract
1/4 x 23g packet of sugar free strawberry jelly made with 150ml boiling water.
175g fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced.

1. preheat the oven t gas 3/160 C/ fan 140 C. Put the crispbreads in a food processor and wiz until fine crumbs. spray an 18cm loose bottom round cake tin with low fat cooking spray. put the crumb into the tin and shake the crumbs around the tin to coat. empty out any excess and discard.
2. put the soft cheese, eggs, sweetener, yogurt and canilla extract into a bowl and wisk until smooth. poor into the cake tin and bake in the oven for 30 mins until just set. it should have a slight wobble in the middle.
3. leave to cool in the tin for 30 minutes meanwhile, dissolve the jelly into the boiling water and set aside. when both are cool, arrange the strawberry slices over the top of the cheesecake and poor over the helly. chill for at least 1.5 hrs until set. remove from the tin and slice to serve.

hope this helps someones sugar cravings. ;) xxx

Thanks for this recipe I am gonna make it tomorrow!

Hi, I have a recipe for a

Apricot and Peach cheesecake
2 points per serving and 17 1/2 point in the whole receipe

8 ginger nut biscuits
1 400g tin sliced peaches in natural juice
1tsp powered gelatine
100g extra light cream cheese
2tbsp caster sugar
low fat cooking spray
4 100g pots weight watchers Apricot Fromage Frais
(or you can have 2 apricot and 2 peach)

spray 8 125ml dariole moulds with low fat cooking spray
place ginger nut biscuits in the base of the mould

drain the peaches, reserving 1/4 cup of juice, place the juice in a small bowl and sprinkle gelatine over. Microwave on full power for 30 seconds. whisk to dissolve gelatine, leave to cool.

beat cream cheese, sugar and 2 pots of weight watcher Apricot fromage frais until smooth, then add the remaining 2 pots of of weight watcher Apricot Framage frais and beat briefly to combine. Stir a spoonful of the mix into the gelatine mixture, then add all of the gelatine mixture into the Fromage fais mixture and beat briefly to combine.

Divide the mixture into each of the moulds and smooth over the top. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight until set.

Back