Calculating Body Fat %age

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by SteveM, 22 January 2007 Social URL.

1. SteveM

SteveM Silver Member

Hi guys .... don't know if anyone is interested in this, but I have been told that the "best" measure of your health weight-wise is to have an idea of your Body Fat %age rather than your BMI.

Well, based on a calculation in Patrick Holfords book "The Holford Low-GL Diet", I have created a simple spreadsheet that you need to enter only your weight (to the nearest pound), your waist measurement (to the nearest 1/2 inch), and whether you are Male/Female, and it will estimate your Lean Body Weight, Body Fat Weight, and Body Fat %age.

Not sure how accurate it is at all times, but I have just entered my details and based on the last reading that the machine at the gym gave me, it got mine to within 0.5%, which is good enough for me as an estimate. Anyway, it is in the attached ZIP if anyone is interested.

Attached Files:

Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.