Cali Sweden's Diary

Thankfully the weather today was much better than the previous two days. I squeezed in a walk, my dog was really excited about the walk today, she's a big dog and she practically was jumping in the air with excitement when I grabbed her leash.

Food today was the same thing as yesterday. I was thinking of making curry but I didn't have any fresh ginger in the house, so I'll make curry tomorrow instead after I pick up some fresh veggies to add into it.

Breakfast: Oat porridge with fiber, blackberries, raspberries, flax seeds, sunflower seeds, cinnamon, soy milk and agave syrup.

Snack: 1 piece of dark chocolate.

Lunch: 1 slice of rye bread with peanut butter and jam.

Snack: 1 piece of dark chocolate, cottage cheese, and a peeled apple.

Dinner: 1 slice of rye bread with peanut butter and jam, spinach and green lettuce salad with tomatoes and cucumbers.

Exercise: 27 minutes fast long walk, pushups, crunches, and 60 minutes of yoga.

All this talk of peanut butter got me to raid the cupboard for some. :)

My creamy peanut butter ran out yesterday, so today I go to open the crunchy peanut butter.

It's been a really busy day, so I ended up eating dinner at 20:00. I prefer to eat dinner earlier, but it was either cook the curry a little late or eat out. Only thing really quick to grab around here is Mc Ds, and I really didn't want it.

When I went to the grocery store late this afternoon, I saw some aubergines, and decided that I'd make aubergine curry tonight. The original plan was to make spinach curry, but I love aubergines so i can't complain. I put a lot of yummies in the curry, aubergines, tomatoes, onion, garlic, ginger, and chicken.

Breakfast: Oat porridge with fiber, raspberries, flaxseeds, sunflower seeds, cinnamon, soy milk and agave syrup.

Snack: 1 piece dark chocolate.

Lunch: 1 slice of rye bread with lots of seeds in it with peanut butter and jam.

Snack: 1/4 of Allévo bar, and 1 knäckebröd with avjar.

Dinner: Aubergine and chicken curry with basmati/oats/barley mix.

Exercise: 36 minutes fast extended walk, pushups, crunches, and 45 minutes of yoga. I tried out some new yoga poses today, whew they're tough.

I'm worn out from yesterday, so I took it easy today :)

Breakfast: Oat porridge with fiber, raspberries, flax seeds, sunflower seeds, cinnamon, soy milk and agave syrup. With a dl of soy milk on the side.

Snack: 2 pieces of dark chocolate.

Lunch: Last night's leftover aubergine and chicken curry with basmati/oat/barley mix.

Snack: peeled apple with a little bit of peanut butter.

Dinner: Last night's leftover aubergine and chicken curry with basmati/oat/barley mix.

Exercise: 28 minutes long walk.

Today's food wasn't exciting as I ate the curry leftover again. I guess I made a little too much curry :p

Breakfast: Oat porridge with fiber, raspberries, flax seeds, sunflower seeds, cinnamon, soy milk and agave syrup.

Snack: 1 piece of dark chocolate

Lunch: Leftover aubergine and chicken curry with basmati rice/barley/oat mix.

Snack: 1 piece of dark chocolate, peeled apple with peanut butter.

Dinner: Leftover aubergine and chicken curry with basmati rice/barley/oat mix.

Exercise: 27 minutes walk, pushups, crunches, and 37 minutes of yoga.

Your curry does sound good, all the yummy ingredients you put in it! Do you ever freeze leftovers? Sometimes it's nice to have something stashed away for one of those days when cooking something from fresh is just too much. You can even freeze most grains cooked, actually, too. :)

I plan to freeze the last bit tonight :) I felt a little lazy to cook today >_<

I decided to eat some musli this morning instead of oat porridge just for a small change. It's been awhile since I had musli, and it was yummy.

I haven't had too much energy this totm, but the best part is that I didn't gain any weight for it. It's been a bit difficult to do all my yoga as my legs feel as if they don't have their full strength for all the poses. Tonight I was really exhausted and was starting to get a little pain. So it was stay warm, and take it easy, which helped a lot. Picked up dinner tonight as I just didn't have the energy to sit infront of the stove. I really didn't want to since tomorrow is weighin day, but I also wasn't feeling up to cooking a meal.

Breakfast: Musli with dried apricots, raspberries, sultanas, goji berries and soy milk.

Lunch: A slice of rye bread with lots of seeds in it, with peanut butter and jam.

Snack: 2 pieces dark chocolate.

Dinner: Schnitzel salad with some basmati rice/barley/oat mix. 1 piece of dark chocolate.

Exercise: 28 minutes walk, pushups, crunches and 30 minutes yoga.

Food looks good, even your takeout looks healthy! Sounds like you did the right thing to take it a little easy. Good luck tomorrow! :)

Porridge is good, well actually I used to dislike porridge. But I've grown fond of it now. Though it is nice to change up the foods here and there :)

12 weeks ago I started my weightloss journey. I imagined by the time I reached the 12 weeks mark I would have lost a lot more weight. But then again it was more wishful thinking of hoping to lose at least 2 lbs a week. I've been averaging over a pound a week.

Ever since switching to low GI/GL diet I haven't been that strict on my eating. So this past week I've been trying to step up to the plate so I can lose more weight. It looks like it has paid off, since it was totm this time, but I didn't gain any weight last week or this week. So I'm really happy about that. This week I've been watching my dinner portion sizes more, and that seems to be helping. I just tell myself I need to see minus on the scales, and the more strict I am, the sooner I will get to my goal weight. I'm hoping to lose at least 1.5 - 2 lbs a week, without having weeks of gain or stay the same weight. So I need to keep reminding myself about being stricter with my dinner portions.

Here's the 12th weekly weight update:

-1.6 lbs (-.73kg) totm

Total amount since started: -13.6 lbs (-6.18kg)

Tonight I baked some Alaskan Pollock with veggies. It turned out ok, though I think pan frying it would have tasted better :)

I think I might be catching a cold >_<

Breakfast: Musli with dried peaches, raspberries, sultanas, goji berries, with soy milk.

Lunch: 1 slice of rye bread with lots of seeds in it, with peanut butter and jam.

Snack: 1 piece of dark chocolate, cottage cheese with pumpkin seeds, and a peeled apple.

Dinner: Baked Alaskan pollock with carrots, onion, garlic, ginger, broccoli, and mushrooms. With quinoa and broccoli. 2 spoonfuls of ice cream.

Snack: 1 piece of dark chocolate.

Back