Cali Sweden's Diary

Thank you Plum. I was doing the same thing as yesterday, sore throat and runny nose in the morning. But as the day progressed it got better. So tonight it will probably get sore throat and things again.

Oh yeah on a silly moment. I completely forgot about it until today. Last week I tried on an old pair jeans I have from a size smaller, they have holes in them so I don't wear them. But I kept them around as a measuring tool. I can now fit them with no problems and with no muffin top. So I should maybe mark a minigoal off.

Also today I tried on a pair of Hello Kitty fleece pajama pants I bought last winter, which at that time were skin tight. I felt sorry for Hello kitty's face being stretched across my bum >_< I haven't worn them since April, and I was so shocked to see that there is a lot of space in the pants now. They were actually baggy on me. I was so shocked, that I almost started crying. I know it's silly, but it was just like wow I used to be that big, and omg I'm now smaller from my biggest. I'm getting closer to the real me again.

Oh wow, Cali, those are both two excellent non-scale victories and I agree you should tick off one of your mini goals. It's such a nice feeling to have concrete proof that all your efforts are working, isn't it?

Glad you enjoyed the unseasonably warm weather. Take advantage of it while it lasts.

How very fantastic that your Hello Kitty pj bottoms are so baggy and you can fit into your old pair of jeans comfortably - when was the last time you could get into those? I dont think its silly to almost cry over the pjs at all because weight issues are so tied with emotions for a lot of us and like you said, you haven't felt like you for a long time and you're getting back to your old self again. That is important, emotional stuff. :)

I've cried over clothes in my time too. I used to wear size 2 American and I remember once I bought this gorgeous Banana Republic silk dress but over time I put on weight and it was just hanging in my wardrobe, making me feel sad. I didn't want to give it to charity so I gave them away to a friend and I cried my eyes out because I thought "I'll never be that size again". It broke my heart.

At least your feeling emotional is for a positive reason. Go Cali - you are getting there. :)

It is really nice to have concrete proof that all the work and effort is paying off:)

The last time I was able to wear those jeans was right before the huge weight gain from being in bed most of the winter. I was gaining weight already though since these pants are still bigger than what I used to wear. I was becoming less active as I was starting to have pain problems.

It was very difficult to see myself in the mirror or in pictures because I didn't feel or look like myself for the past couple of years. But now everyday little by little I'm starting to look more like the old me :)

Wow Ashie a size 2, you were really skinny. The skinniest I ever was was a size 3. But normally it was a size 5 because of my bum. I do know what you mean about looking at clothes and crying because you feel like you'll never be that size again.

I have a whole closet full and wardrobe full of clothes that I can't fit. I never got rid of them because I told myself I will get back to that size again oneday, I hope. But I remember picking up a shirt I used to wear and looking at it and just be shocked at omg it looks so small next to me. It was becoming hard for me to imagine that I used to actually fit them. I did used to cry before at how horrified I was of how big I got, and that I wondered if I would be able to shrink back.

I felt really silly for almost crying trying on the kitty pj pants, but I do have to admit it did feel good that they were because of a positive reason :) It's better than feeling depressed not being able to fit into clothes at the store and having to get bigger sizes.

I'm starting to really struggle now with looking at clothes and knowing if they will be the right size. Some of my old smaller clothes I can remember as fitting comfortably (I kept a few items that I really liked, just in case!) and when I try them on (assuming I can get into them at all) it's shocking how tight they are. But on the flip side looking at new clothes in the shops, I'll look at something and think it looks way too small and then try it and it will be ok or maybe just a little snug. So my brain seemingly can't make up its mind as to whether I am bigger or smaller than I think I am. ;) It can really be quite emotional, whichever way things are going, I think.

(the thing I love about PJs is drawstring waists, hehe. mine are all also baggy now but I don't want to buy all new ones until I settle on a final size!)

Plum that's really great that you are able to get the smaller clothes on even if they're tight. That's means in no time at all they'll fit just right :) Great job Plum!!!

My sweatpants are all getting really baggy now. I have one that it doesn't have a drawstring, so I have roll the top up in order for it to stay in place. I remember when these sweatpants used to fit perfectly and I was mortified about it.

I agree with Cali about the clothes, Plum. At least you can get into them. Pretty soon you will fit into them really well.

I have to say that I gave all of my clothes away. Mostly to my sister in law as height wise we are the same. I started losing weight before going on to GI and I was very cheeky because I asked for one dress back! I only put it on for the first time today and it did not look too bad. It is size 10. Woo-hoo:)

I won't change my goals just yet but I will be buying some clothes soonish and I am going to order size 10. :D

I woke up late today again, as I was having trouble sleeping. I was congested last night, and had a hard time breathing while laying down. So I stacked up some pillows and slept upright. Seems like my cold likes to hit me at nights and mornings, then during the day it almost feels like it's gone. Then night time comes and it kicks in again.

Today was a nice day outside again, unfortunately I didn't feel like going for a walk. But by late afternoon I was feeling much better so I went for a walk and did my yoga. I feel much better doing my exercises :) Hooray for going on a walk on a nice warm sunny afternoon!

Brunch: Oat porridge with fiber, blueberries, flaxseeds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, and milk.

Snack: 2 pieces of dark chocolate.

Snack: Cottage cheese with pumpkinseeds.

Dinner: Leftover Chicken and veggies stirfry with wholegrain brown rice.

Exercise: 27 minutes long walk, pushups, crunches, 60 minutes yoga.

Well done on going for a walk and doing yoga especially as you did not feel like doing it earlier. :)

Do you have the heating on in the evenings? It could be the dry air that is effecting your throat.

ETA: I must do a stir fry sometime this week! :D

The heating turns itself down at nights. But I've always been the type to suffer worse from colds at night time and mornings. Just find it weird that during the afternoons it's almost like I don't have a cold this time.

Ashie I love the idea of you reclaiming your dress! :D

Cali, food looks good, hurray for brunch. Hope you're feeling better today!

I feel much better today, the cold seems to be going away (I hope). I slept in and I felt really good when I woke up. Seems like sleeping helps the most with this cold.

I'm still sanding the stair railings, and I have to say it isn't one of the funnest things to do. It also makes my hands really rough. Maybe I should invest in some gloves to wear when I am handling the sandpaper.

Brunch: Oat porridge with strawberries, sunflower seeds, flaxseeds, cinnamon and milk.

Snack: Cottage cheese with pumpkinseeds and a tomato.

Dinner: Korean style chicken bulgogi, with korean spinach, and rice/oats/barley mix.

Exercise: 27 minutes long walk, pushups, crunches, and 32 minutes yoga.

Plum, you said exactly what I wanted to say.

I had to google your dinner as I had no idea what chicken bulgogi was, it looks delicious. :)

The dinner was really good, it was really easy to make too. I sliced up some chicken breasts, pan-fried them and when they were done cooking, I added some garlic, soy sauce, honey, sesame seeds, sesame oil, salt and chilli paste to it.

Korean Seasoned Spinach (Sigumchi Namul)

1 lbs spinach
2 tbs soy sauce
1 tbs sesame oil
1 tbs sesame seeds
1 tbs salt (or less depending to taste)
2 cloves chopped garlic
2 tsp sugar (or honey or any sweetner)

Boil the spinach for a minute, drain the water and rinse in cold water. Squeeze the spinach, and add mixture and mix. It's best eatten chilled, and of course with rice or some kind of low gi carb. I've been doing rice with oats and barley mixture, instead of normal rice.

It was raining today so I didn't go for a walk:( It would have been nice if the sunny warm weather continued, but we were just really lucky to get hit with those few warm sunny days. Now it feels cold compared to those warm days.

I didn't do the best eating today. I didn't do well with my snacks as I was out this afternoon. So I managed to take a bite of my bar, which I luckly had in my purse. I did say no to cookies (biscuits) and normal tea. I just took some hot water instead, so I'm feeling pretty good about that:) Weigh in day is in the morning, I hope the not eating the snacks won't cause me to go stravation mode and hold onto my dinner >_<

Breakfast: Oat porridge with blueberries, flaxseeds, sunflower seeds, agave syrup, cinnamon and milk.

Lunch: 1 slice rye bread with seeds topped with peanut butter and jam.

Snack: 1 bite of Allévo bar.

Dinner: Korean style chicken bulgogi, with korean spinach, cucumber kimchi and rice/oats/barley mix.

Exercise: Pushups, crunches, and 60 minutes of yoga.

On a positive note that has nothing to do with losing weight or eating. I was complimented on how much my Swedish has improved. I've been getting that a lot lately. I don't feel that it's gotten better, I actually feel as though I forgot some recently. But I guess my Swedish has come a long ways, and my pronounciation has become more native sounding (I guess).

Ohh cucumber kimchi, yum yum yum.

If you've been eating the right amount over the week, I don't think one day will tip your body into starvation crisis mode. Your blood sugar will just have been a little wonky today. :) Good luck for the morning!

CaliSweden said:
On a positive note that has nothing to do with losing weight or eating. I was complimented on how much my Swedish has improved. I've been getting that a lot lately. I don't feel that it's gotten better, I actually feel as though I forgot some recently. But I guess my Swedish has come a long ways, and my pronounciation has become more native sounding (I guess).

Oh that's lovely Cali, it makes a big difference to how settled one feels, I think. Well done! :D

Back