Calling all boffins: Twitching post exercise

Discussion in 'Cambridge Diet 100% Posts!' started by Watergirl, 11 May 2009 Social URL.

1. Watergirl

Watergirl Rock Solid

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(12.24%)
    Diet:
    Exante + Protein + Weights!
    Just managed 20 mins on x-trainer for 1st time since starting CD (nearly 5 weeks) and am so pleased with myself. It's a big achievement for me because I've been falling asleep getting in from work, but not tonight. I now feel quite elated for some reason :confused:

Luci and I decided to set ourselves the goal on the Independence Day challenge if anyone else wants to join?

Anyway, my legs are twitching like crazy since getting off my x-trainer and I wondered if there is anyone that knows why they do this? Is it because I'm so unfit or does it happen to everyone? Will it stop once I do it more?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. fitz

fitz Lovin it !!! :)

your legs might be in shock - mine certainly would be doing 20 mins on a x trainer !!

No seriously, I go to step twice a week and my legs feel like that every time for a while after - I think maybe its something to do with the muscles - prob totally wrong tho lol

Well done to you though !!!

Bev

4. Watergirl

Watergirl Rock Solid

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(12.24%)
    Diet:
    Exante + Protein + Weights!
    Thanks Fitz :) crikey don't know how you manage step. Last time I did step I was 15, at school and had to stop because I nearly passed out!!!

Well done you for that. Agreed on the shock thing. Would be nice to find out if there is a scientific reason for the twitching. Have we any sports science people around?

5. jh1986

jh1986 Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.3%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    hi ive started exercising regularly too and my legs are the same, i think it is to do with the muscles as mine aint been used much before lol, but also because we dont take many calories to our bodies throughout the day and it may take longer for our bodies to recover....i hope thats all it is anyway lol xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.