calling all ex couch potatoes

Brightonrosie

I want to be fitter again
Need real help getting motivated for exercise. It needs to be something I can do in the evening. I've got a wii which is tucked under the sofa. Can't be bothered to get changed to go out side after work. Can't swim. Don't like classes.
How on earth can i get myself motivated as i absolutely loathe any form of exercise. Helpful ideas please xxx

Oh it's hard. KNow what yu mean. I used to go out and jog, and loved it, but really hate it now, and my hips hurt which scares me. I've got 30 day shred, and Davina's. They are good, and mean youi don't ahve to go out. I can't find much on the Wii fit that pushes you. I want a dog, I could walk for miles and enjoy it. But even then, it's time, and in the winter you work all daylight hours. Sorry, not much help am i? So walking? Cycling is good?

mumtheshopper said:
Oh it's hard. KNow what yu mean. I used to go out and jog, and loved it, but really hate it now, and my hips hurt which scares me. I've got 30 day shred, and Davina's. They are good, and mean youi don't ahve to go out. I can't find much on the Wii fit that pushes you. I want a dog, I could walk for miles and enjoy it. But even then, it's time, and in the winter you work all daylight hours. Sorry, not much help am i? So walking? Cycling is good?

Why don't you advertise as a dog walker, could help lose lbs and earn pounds :)

Why don't you advertise as a dog walker, could help lose lbs and earn pounds :)

I was gonna say that too...! Lol. My mum is a volunteer dog walker for our local dog rescue centre - she loves it!

I was gonna say that too...! Lol. My mum is a volunteer dog walker for our local dog rescue centre - she loves it!

Do you kow, that's not such a bad idea. I might look in to that. I worl at a school mornings, there's kennels next to it! I then have 2 hours before picking the kids up. I never do the housework anyhow. LOL

Brightonrosie said:
I work full time and only get 30 minutes for lunch. Leave about 8 and get home at 6!!

That comment was aimed at the original poster who said about getting a dog!!

Back