Calling all maintainers

chocaslim

adores posting
Hi there, thought i would start this thread to help me and others that maybe nearing their targets im aiming for 9st 7lbs and hoping to be in the 9s tomorrow night after WI.
The thing is i've heard lots of different stories some saying how hard it is to maintain some some saying how they put it all back on again and others getting no support from class anymore. I'd like to think i'd get the support and info i'll need my consultant is fab so im hopeful but others might not receive what they need sorry probably sounds confusing just hoping that members will share they stories for motivation and advice really.
Thank you for reading.:D

The secret is to keep attending the meetings and nipping things in the bud! not much help I know but it is possible if you think of it as a plan for life and not a diet.

Thanks Twizzle, i'm definatley gonna keep going to class i've made quite a few friends there now and its good to meet up every tuesday plus no longer having to pay will be an incentive.

Hey good luck with ur last few pounds. I've been within target for about 10 mths, (bout 1lb over at the mo). I don't do anything different/ eat any different than the normal EE, I do have to go to class every few mths at least. I did get to 3lb under target and am aiming to get back to that again (put on over Chrimbo).

Maintaining is blimming hard work. I've been out of target for a large chunk of this year - only getting back in last night.

I'll second te earlier advice of keep going to meetings - that's a definate for me.

Then it really is up to you to find a way of making it work for you. The usual advice is to up your HeB's (so two on EE and three on red/green) - I'd say to see how you go as you were for the first week and just play until you find a level that works for you.

For me - the first thing that crossed my mind the first time I reached target was to have that chocolate bar I'd not had for the previous 21months (I first got to target last June - I've since lost another 2+ stone and called target another 2 times at lower amounts). Then figured out that that could be the start of a very slippery slope back to where I started and put it back on the shelf.

Well done to getting to target! We have a few target members in our group and they still get the support and help if needed(though we do have a very good group). I think sticking to going to group would be a good idea, as it would help you adjust to not loosing weight i would think, plus its a nice social element and also free now your at target :D

Good luck with getting to target.
I've been at Target for over a year now, and I don't find it harder than losing, it's just different. In the past I've yo-yo'd so this time when I was losing I knew that I'd have to concentrate on maintaining.
I still weigh in, every week if possible, and I still follow the plan. I can have some more food and extra treats, but not at every meal and not every day. If I feel myself getting a bit more greedy I concentrate really hard to stop myself going over the top.
I'm hopeful that I won't put it all back on again and I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
When I got to target I resisted the urge to keep losing weight and shifted my focus totally on maintaining and getting the balance right.

Hi guys, so glad to see this thread!!! I'm 5lbs from target and have been really thinking about it a lot. Glad to see there are others out there! Well done guys for keeping the weight off!

Don't suppose some of you target members would mind writing up a typical day's food?

Hi thanks for all your help and advice
IanH well done for sticking with it i worry about eating alot when i get to target but beginning to realise this is a way of life and its all about control and allowing yourself those treats in moderation.

julesmorris said:
Hi guys, so glad to see this thread!!! I'm 5lbs from target and have been really thinking about it a lot. Glad to see there are others out there! Well done guys for keeping the weight off!

Don't suppose some of you target members would mind writing up a typical day's food?

Hi jules - mine would be no good as I'm trying to lose a few more lb at the moment so following normal plans :)

Hi jules it seems our stats are roughly the same ive lost 12lb so far with another 7lb to go so good luck to the both of us :D

I know once at target you can go 3lbs either way and have a week to get back into your target but does it matter how often you do or don't go to weigh in? Could you go once every 6 months/a year if you were still in your target.
What about if you weighed and you were out of target and didn't go the next week but the week after that would you still not have to pay?
Am glad this thread was started as I too would like some tips on maintaining assuming I will get there sometime and have wondered how people do it. I know its supposed to be by increasing healthy extras but would imagine people do it other ways too ;) Though I do fancy having a bit more cheese lol

Hi jules it seems our stats are roughly the same ive lost 12lb so far with another 7lb to go so good luck to the both of us :D

Hi chocaslim, wow yes so we are!

Good luck on getting to target... I may be months though... the last few weeks I've gained 5lb, then lost 4.5lb, then gained 1.5lb... I've stuck to plan but ho hum just got to be patient I guess. Has your weight loss slowed at all?

Not to toot our own horns but I think the fact that we've started to think about what we will do in advance is a good sign for us to keep the weight off. Also I feel like I REALLY want to keep it off so when there's a will there's a way and all that... Like Ian said before the temptation would be to go and get a massive treat (mine would be pizza!) but now that I've been thinking about it for weeks I've started to think that would be silly and instead am looking forward to getting some extra HEs in instead of eating rubbish...

Hi jules, my losses have slowed slightly but i think thats due to my stomach sometimes i just cant believe it will be flat one day so i think i need to do sit ups or something cos i think thats where my weight lies:eek: (i hate exercise).

Hi guys! Well I lost 5lb tonight and reached target! So I am joining you lot in the "maintainers" category!! Woop! Am having spaghetti and Quorn meatballs with cheese on toast for tea - all within my syns - just carrying on as normal! Then tomorrow I am going to start following my Consultant's advice of having an extra HEB every other day. I am also going to start doing my Body Magic awards (are we allowed to do those as target members?)

:)

julesmorris said:
Hi guys! Well I lost 5lb tonight and reached target! So I am joining you lot in the "maintainers" category!! Woop! Am having spaghetti and Quorn meatballs with cheese on toast for tea - all within my syns - just carrying on as normal! Then tomorrow I am going to start following my Consultant's advice of having an extra HEB every other day. I am also going to start doing my Body Magic awards (are we allowed to do those as target members?)

:)

Woohoo!!! Well done!

Back