Green Day CALLING ALL VEGGIES.................

Hiya, im a Veggie who's new to slimming world and in a great need for some yummy green day meals. At he moment i live off lentil soup and quorn curry/shep pie/spag bol, and i'd just love some new ideas really............... Thanks for taking the time to read this and hope you have plenty of ideas for me x x x

Hello and welcome

I like nothing better than a big tray of mediterranean veg and potatoes roasted in fry light with garlic, rosemary and thyme for 20-30 mins. Throw some cherry tomatoes in 10 minutes before the end and serve with a peppered quorn steak or Cauldron sausages and a glug of Nando's sweet chilli peri-peri marinade.

I am not very good at writing recipes down, but I will try to remember if you see anything you fancy. In my diary I have had this year:

massive mushrooms stuffed with cottage cheese and quorn bacon
quorn sausage and mixed bean stew
broccoli and cauliflower cheesy bake
quorn Thai curry
quorn cheeseburgers and chips
falafels
SW quiche
pitta pizza
sweet potato, chickpea and apricot curry

Ooh, I'm veggie too & will be watching this thread :)

Your best bet is just to go browsing. There are lots of vegetarian recipes in this forum and sub-forums. And even those that have meat in them can be made veggie friendly just by substituting the meat for a meat-free alternative. Also check out regular internet recipe websites like www.bbcgoodfood.com and your ordinary recipe books as many 'normal' recipes can be made SW friendly too. Absolutely no need to limit yourself.

Briam...

aubergine, courgette, potato, onion, tomato and pretty much anyting else you want to throw in such as peppers and mushrooms etc..
layer in a roasting dish / pan with a little water, cover and cook on about 180-200C for about an hour..

season to taste.. ( italian herbs are nice )..

I have now been on Green days for 10 days, and because I never use Quorn or tvp, have had to be inventive with all my vegetarian options whilst keeping things simple.
I use potatoes at breakfast time in a sort of frittata: eggs, boiled potato cubes, and choose mushrooms, onions, green beans, kidney beans, red and green peppers, sprigs of broccoli, aubergine etc. some of which are usually last night's leftovers. It's filling and syn free, now I've discovered fry light spray - the olive oil one seems to taste no different but is more expensive.
Dinner is rice, cous cous or pasta/rice or egg noodles, with a heap of steamed vegetables and pulses such as chick peas/kidney beans/baked beans (versatile if sauce is washed off!). I vary them according to whether I want the dish to taste European, Arabic, Indian or Far Eastern. Sometimes some grated cheese finds its way in, but I miss my cheese so much I very often use permitted whole wheat crackers such as ww Crackerbread, with slivers of cheese, as an a+b healthy option finish to the meal. I am avoiding bread, as there are too many risks associated with it i.e. what one puts on it! Lunch is easy. I make plain Instant noodles every day at the office, and eat them with salad vegetables, or plain, followed by plenty of fruit.

Pasta bakes are always good, and very filling. You can add ridiculous amounts of veg with passata or a tin of chopped toms, herbs and spices to taste. Then i stir in Quark if i want it to be a creamy sauce. If you wanted you could add cheese from your hex or as a syn. Yummy. Plus you can add in Quorn chicken or mince if you want some syn free protein in there!
:D

Thank you all for your replys......... i've been and bought a slimming world green days book which has lots of yummy things in so im gonna give them all a try and will keep you updated on how i get on........... x x

oh do, because i could do with some new recipes

Vegetable and bean casserole

9oz dried cannellini beans
12oz potatoes cut into chunks
3 carrots chopped
1 onion chopped
3 celery sticks chopped
2 garlic cloves
400g can chopped toms
salt and pepper to taste

Rinse beans, place in bowl cover with water and leave to soak overnight. Drain and rinse under cold running water. Transfer to large pan cover with water and boil for ten mins then reduce to a simmer or 40 mins until beans are cooked.
Add the remaining ingreadients and simmer for 1 hour add more water if required so the final mixture is moist season to taste x

Chickpea and pepper curry

1 yellow pepper sliced
1green pepper sliced
1 onion chopped
2 carrots chopped
2 garlic cloves crushed
14oz can chopped plum toms
1tsp fresh chopped coriander
3 tbsp curry powder
salt and pepper
400g can chickpeas
1 stockcube crumbled

place everything in a microwaveable dish apart from the chickpeas and cook in microwave for 15 mins stir add chickpeas and cook for further 5 mins until sauce thickens and serve with rice.

Hello, i have started slimming world again... i am looking for the quiche recipe.. if anyone can help. thanks Jackie.

Back