Calling IT boffins....wireless routers?? Help please..:*))))

OOOO my wireless router is a Netgear...see I know something else.....wow my computer knowledge is unfounded.

Issy
Do as Bex suggests and look at Virgin because it is much easier if you have one they recommend if there any problems.

i got my wireless router thingy last weekend and it is at the minute plugged into a 10 year old pc and stll works but I got a thing with it that plugs into a usb port as well to enable it to be wireless. I got mine from pc world, it's for a BT line but saw a few there that said they were for what you have

I do have a problem at the minute though that my laptop says its connected if you look at the status thingy but when I first open internet explorer nothing happens so no idea whats going on there.

good luck with it.

hiya kati
if you go to control panel,click network and internet options, then click internet connections,choose the connections tab, go down to LAN settings and click the box automatically detect settings, it should help your laptop internet explorer find the server
dont forget to click save settings when finished
nat x

i got my wireless router thingy last weekend and it is at the minute plugged into a 10 year old pc and stll works but I got a thing with it that plugs into a usb port as well to enable it to be wireless. I got mine from pc world, it's for a BT line but saw a few there that said they were for what you have

I do have a problem at the minute though that my laptop says its connected if you look at the status thingy but when I first open internet explorer nothing happens so no idea whats going on there.

good luck with it.

Cheers, hun!

Rofl...sorry thats about the limit of my knowledge of computers......lol....lmao.

OOOO my wireless router is a Netgear...see I know something else.....wow my computer knowledge is unfounded.

LOL you go, girl!! I know feck all too, so you're in good company teehee!

Issy
Do as Bex suggests and look at Virgin because it is much easier if you have one they recommend if there any problems.

Yeah - it's a good idea, Pam. I tried to buy one of there but the order wouldn't go through - aargh - so will give them a ring tomorrow. Cheers, babes! xxxx

hiya kati
if you go to control panel,click network and internet options, then click internet connections,choose the connections tab, go down to LAN settings and click the box automatically detect settings, it should help your laptop internet explorer find the server
dont forget to click save settings when finished
nat x

Ooh Nat - I might be picking your brain when I can't get mine to work - if I can ever get my hands on one, that is! lol
xxxxxx

haha , yes thats fine, but really its dead simple, go for the one from virgin as you get techincal support, also if you get a belkin one they do tech support as well
good luck
nat x

Back