Going for the big TT !!

Just caught the thread was wondering about your quest for the TT- so its great news about your TT and on the NHS at that - good luck for it and the SS will past real quick I'm sure.

Looking forwards to the day myself (if ever), looking forwards to the day :sigh:

Hey, wait till the scars have faded a bit till posting eh! (for those of us with more sensitive dispositions :D

Well done Mike on getting to day 2 of SS - you'll soon be in the pink and feeling great.

Good luck with the TT - so are "the Robbie" photos after the TT???!!!!!!!

Good on ya Mike - you are amazing !!!

such an inspiration to us lesser mortals :p

Debz
xx

Hi Mike

Good luck with your forthcoming surgery. I haven't posted before but I have been reading your story with great interest. I did my training with Sandy, tell her its Sam from Liverpool. Anyhow, I managed to lose about 3 stones with Cambridge and after having 3 very large babies (10lbs +) and 3 c/sections I have now decided to go for my FTT. I am having it done on Wednesday 16th May with BUPA. My surgeon is called Kevin Hancock, he is a well known PS in the NHS Whiston Hospital, I have seen 2 people who have had tummy tucks done by him and their results are excellent. So, after I have had the op I will most definitely post back here to tell all.

Hope the sole sourcing is going ok,you have done it before, you will do it again.

Take care
Sam

Well day 4 of SS !! Am in ketosis as Mr Breath Monster is about!

I have had a very quick drop of 10 pounds so I was obviously well carbed up before I started although I wasn't overly eating pasta and bits so only 4 pounds away from where I wanted to be so not going to have to ride the train long before doing slower maintenance to refill the old carb stores without gaining any weight.

I definately know that water makes getting back on the wagon easier, in my head you can't drink 6 litres a day of water and have an empty tummy!!

Also had a chockie pack as a mousse last night, I LOVED THE MOUSSE!! Still tastes like Angel Delight but with a better texture.

M.

I get 150ml of water in a plastic jug.

10 minutes in the freezer compartment until it is very cold but not crystalised.

Then put the chockie pack on top of the water, followed by a level scoop of Mix A Mousse.

I then use a stick blender and blend for 15 seconds, I then use a little teaspoon to scrape the powder back into the mixture that has stuck to the stick blender.

I then do another 15 seconds.

Then back into the freezer compartment for 10 minutes until set and it is perfect.

If when you take it out the freezer it is still like thick custard then it needs another five minutes to set hard.

Mmmmmmmmm!

Hey Mike, seems wierd to have you back on the SS wagon!!!!! Glad all is going good for you.

Hi Mike,

Havn't read all the replies here but just wanted to say good luck on the SSing and the TT.

I'm back on the SS wagon as of today after losing 5 stone. Another 3 to go i reckon and then just need the TT and BJ (boob job)

All the best

Jo xx

Well the fifth day on SS !! Everything going fine, bladder has officially had enough though.

Tired out but that kind of goes with the first week of the diet and definately on a carb cold turkey today so generally keeping busy !

M.

Hi,

Keep us informed and good luck. Think i may need one, but obviously need to lose it first.

x

Good luck Mike :) Will be following your thread with interest :)

x

Well just over a week to go before I go in for the big TT!

Starting to get a little nervous about the whole thing but still 110% focussed on getting it done and moving on!! If it stops me standing in the shower every morning grabbing my tummy and wobbling it about then it can't be a bad thing!!

Did get a little freaked today when someone said it would be a 26 inch scar!!! Surely not!!!!! (don't answer that if you know as I don't want to!)

Anyway going in for pre assessment next Wednesday and then the operation is Thursday morning, apparently I could be home as early as the Monday the next week (25th) but apparently that depends on whether I need draining or not (don't want to know about that either!!)

So between now and then I need to find some seriously hospital friendly pyjamas!! Some nice slippers, a spare battery pack from my Ipod, a spare battery for my mobile, a book so I look like I am clever and some laxative as apparently they don't let you out until you have had a poo and hence anything to move things along!!

Mike

goodluck matey man!

i found the cambridge diet down to you!

i think they shud re name it the mike diet!

and remember if all else fails................. pack up yer kitchen!!!!!!!!!!

x

Wow this has come round so quick, I do hope you get on ok, and want to hear every little detail as I will be having a TT the same time as my hernia repair......sometime next year.

Thanks you two!

I shall be doing a little diary about it once I am back upright so i can type!

M.

Good luck,

We will all be thinking about you.

xx

Lots of good luck Mike! Will be thinking of you! Have you reached your ideal pre-op weight?
You have lots of people here wishing you a very fast recovery, and hope you're back online quick to tell us all how it went, how you feel, what pj's/slippers you got, etc!( :giggle:)

G O O D L U C K ! ! !

It will be fine Mike, I know what you mean about the shower though!

Back