1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

calling sandy (starlight)

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by largelesley, 11 September 2008 Social URL.

1. largelesley

largelesley Well-Known Member

sandy hope you dont mind me asking was it in your diary you had been prescribed xenical can i ask how you got on takeing that and doing ww as my doc has offered me it but im not sure hope you dont mind my nosienesss lesley x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. Starlight

Starlight Well-Known Member

Hi there

Course I dont mind :)

Xenical didnt work for me at all. I was really disappointed to be honest. My doctor said though when youre doing a low fat diet like WW then Xenical really isnt going to be effective, it really works best if youre eating fats. Personally Im not sure how effective it is in itself I think people are so scared of the horrible side effects they dont eat as much fat, and therefore lose weight anyway lol

By all means try it but dont be disappointed as I was if you dont see any difference in your weight loss

4. IreneH

IreneH Well-Known Member

My doctor gave it to me recently as even though I had started WW she thought it might stop me eating high fat items.

Irene xx

5. largelesley

thanks for that think ill just see how i go with ww the now x

6. largelesley

can i ask do you think it has stopped you cheating more and has it speeded up your weight loss sory dont know how long you been on it x

7. Starlight

I dont know about Irene but I did it for months and it didnt make me stick to WW any more or any less, I was counting my points anyway so was deliberatley sticking to low fat stuff. Possibly if you were struggling it might help.

8. IreneH

IreneH Well-Known Member

Yes the pills do make me stick to low fat things as I can just imagine the consequences and I don't fancy that. So it is helping my head.

I'd still love a high fat Chinese meal like I used to have but not having it because of the pills. One day I will not need the pills but for the moment they are helping

Irene xx

9. Starlight

I had Chinese and took the pills lol Still never made a difference ;)

My doctor actually said he thought if he was to prescribe placebos for Xenical theyd be just as effective as the real thing, I can see what he means!

10. IreneH

IreneH Well-Known Member

Do you think it is psychological?

Irene xx

11. Starlight

I do actually! I think its the fear factor that stops us eating fatty food and the knock on effect is not eating fatty food means we lose weight, I think the tablets are more of a deterrent than anything else. Ive yet to see anyone lose weight on Xenical when theyve kept eating food high in fat

12. IreneH

IreneH Well-Known Member

If i wasn't on the pills I'd still be having the odd high fat even though I know I shouldn't.

Still think it is the WW and not the pills that is making me lose the weight but don't feel confident enough to give up the pills yet

Irene xx

13. largelesley

its a good point about the pills stopping you reaching for the high fat stuff rather than just haveing it thanks for letting me know how you both got on ill have a think and let you know take care lesley x