Calling Slimming World experts: any advice to give?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Desperate to lose weight, 23 June 2009 Social URL.

1. Desperate to lose weight

Desperate to lose weight Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st8lb
    Current Weight:
    17st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - extra easy
    Hi

I started on the Slimming World diet today, having previously spent the last 3 or so years on the Weight Watchers diet. To be fair to the WW diet, I have kept off 2 stone - but of the 3.75 stone I lost I gained back 1.75 stone. :cry:

So, I've decided to make a fresh start, and have decided to give the slimming world diet a go.

I'm doing this at home and am not attending classes - as the likelihood is that I wouldn't attend in the first place as I don't know anyone and my past experiences of classes from WW have been dire. The last one I went to had recently changed leaders and the new leader was like a teenage hyper cheerleader on crack - so I didn't stick around for the meeting. I don't have enough patience unfortunately.

I think I have my head around the SW diet, although it does go abit against the grain - especially in comparison to the WW regime. But I was wondering if anyone had any useful nuggets of advice to offer a newbie like myself. Any advice or experiences would be very gratefullly appreciated.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Wow theres a rush of people moving from WW just now. Youll love SW, Im only on my 2nd week after 2 years on WW :)

4. Bex_2601

Bex_2601 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Diet:
    Atkins turned slimming world
  5. Desperate to lose weight

Desperate to lose weight Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st8lb
    Current Weight:
    17st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - extra easy
    Bex I'm I live in Falconwood, SE London

Starlight, wow, did you lose 5lbs last week? If so, I AM impressed. And I agree, looking at the posts it seems loads of people are moving from WW to SW. Any advice to give - things your learnt from week 1?

6. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I made a concious effort to buy and eat things I didnt usually have so I couldnt work out the points value. Stock up on plenty free food, if youre doing green days, get Mug Shots, Super Noodles etc and fruit.

Youll be amazed at how much youre eating but dont worry about it ;)

7. Bex_2601

Bex_2601 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Diet:
    Atkins turned slimming world
    Well i work in southwark, between blackfriars and london bridge station, so if you ever wanted to meet up for a moan, inspiration, encouragement, recipe swap etc over a coffee, just give me a shout.

8. Donnie46

Donnie46 Slow but sure....

Start Weight:
    22st0lb
    Current Weight:
    19st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(11.36%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - Green Days only.
    I used to be a WW'er too but I am a converted SW fan now.

Welcome to SW and to this forum you will get so much help and advice here, good luck with your weight loss.

9. Indieflower

Indieflower I have my mojo

Start Weight:
    17st9lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    6st13lb(39.27%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - Red
    Hi and welcome Desperate....really don't want to call you desperate, but no option, sorry! Lol.

Have you got any books or anything? If nto have you considered signing up to Lifeline Online instead?

K xx

Chuffy_29 likes this.
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.