Calling target members please!

missblonde

Hi everyone, I'm a relatively new target member (15th April) having lost 3 stone since october 2012 but I keep slipping below my target range which is the top of the next stone bracket (target was 11.3 and I'm currently 10.13). My friends keep telling me that I don't need to lose more but now I've seen the next stone bracket on the scales I'm itching to go for another half stone. I'm just not sure if I'd be able to maintain it long term as I've never been this light in my adult life. I'm honestly finding target harder than loosing!

How did you all chose your target and how long does it take to feel ok not seeing a loss every week?

If you're itching to go for it, then do. If you are still losing weight easily, then you probably set your target too high.
As long as you stay within the healthy range for your height, it would be fine to reset your target.
You would probably find that your weight will just settle when it is happy, and losing just stops.

You have to train yourself to think it's ok not to lose or have a gain, as long as it's within the 3 lbs either side.
That can take some time, but really it depends on you and what you are happy with.
I get very annoyed at target members that stay within their target, yet moan if they've gone up 1/2 lb! It's ok, you're still at target!
The best thing to do, is talk it over with your consultant. But at the end of the day, it's your choice, not your friends. xx

Thanks so much. It seems so silly to have got target (which i already lowered once) and feel worried about a gain or maintain like you said and I know it's just a case of getting used to it. 90% of dieting is about what goes on in your brain as I know that realistically 3 more lbs wont make any difference to my size.

I'm going to see how wi tonight does and if I'm back in target then I'll reassess, if not then I think I'll go for it and have a proper chat with my consultant as I think I may just keep yoyoing otherwise!

Thanks again.

If you've been eating to get back in target - then you will probably have a gain!
Don't be afraid to give it a go. It seems to me, you want to, but you're scared you can't/won't be able to do it. xx

I've only been at target three weeks, but already want to aim for a total loss of 8 stone which would mean losing another 5lb, and it would also mean that I would be 10 stone something again. However, like you I'm not sure if I would be able to maintain that. I'm just going to stick to plan and see what happens. I only do Green days so I already have 2 HEBs and I don't feel deprived.

Well this week was a maintain so didn't really help! I'm gonna see what next weeks brings but I am 95% sure that I'm going to lower target and lose another 3lb as I'm almost there anyway!

Got myself the little book of lunches as a treat as I always struggle with them :)

Hi Missblonde.
I have had 4 Targets!
1st one I didn't stop at, 2nd I slowed down as I passed it, 3rd one I stayed at for over 12 weeks & I would have stayed there but like you I wanted the next award & I was near to the 7 stone loss! It wasn't as easy as I thought, I got within 1/2 lb of Target then put weight on again, it took several weeks to get there but did it in the end. As you say, it's harder to stay at target then to get there!
Pete

Last edited:
Thanks Pete, all thoughts and experiences are really helpful.

I'm going to see how I go this week and if I lose then I'm going to try and go for my 3 1/2 stone as it will put me smack in the middle of a healthy BMI, I'll have got another shiny and certificate and I'll be in the next stone bracket. My heart hasn't really been into maintaining as I think I'm secretly wanting to be in the next stone bracket so hopefully I'll be able to maintain it!

I would certainly agree that maintaining is quite hard. It took me quite a while to get over the "not losing anything anymore" feeling. The no more congratulations and hooter at the scales. However, my head has got used to that now and feel so good where I am. Its so nice in summer to be able to wear t shirts and jeans without feeling uncomfy. It does sound as if you would be happier a little lower and your bmi would still be fine! Your c would be able to advise you. Good luckl :)

Just wanted to say a quick thanks to everyone who commented. I've weighed into tonight and have got my 3.5 stone and hit my lowered target with 1lb to spare - hooray!

Now to work out how to maintain .....

Big surprise!!!

I agree that it is very hard staying at target. I have been at target a year and for the first few months I was below target. Since Christmas it has crept up, but I don't want to start paying again, so although I am struggling a bit, I have kept within range.

Last night I was gobsmacked at being awarded Diamond target member of the year! I hadn't even known I'd reached the 1 year mark, but our C had deferred it by a week - I now know why. I reached it yesterday!!! Apparently I'm the only one in her 4 groups to qualify.

I got a sash and a pin, a sticker, a certificate and a gorgeous paperweight and pen. I had my photo taken and when I got home (a bit late) I threw open my coat for DH to see my sash! I now have to keep at target for another year, don't I!!

My advice to all target members is to keep going to group. That is the only way I can keep myself on track. A lot of people pop in occasionally when they need it and have often just gone out of target.

Well done for getting to your new target and good luck with maintaining!!!

Thanks Susie, I'm on the social team so will definitely keep going every week. I really think group makes all the difference, I would never had made it to target on my own and I'm determined to stay there!

I was a Diamond member for over a year and then had problems with my medication and the weight just kept on going up and up even though I was sticking to plan it was so frustrating! The doctor seems to have finally got my medication sorted and over the last few months I've been losing steadily, 0.5 or lb a week, and now only have 2lb to get back into the top end of target - can't wait! Hopefully once I get there I can continue to lose 0.5lb a week to get nearer the bottom end before I go on holiday early September.

Good luck with staying in target.

Denise

I will have been at target 1 year in Sept. I started to struggle a bit recently and I had stopped going to group because I missed the excitement of a loss each week and my original consultant left. She has started a new group though so I started going back and joined the social team. I think being more involved is definitely making it easier.

Well done for getting there x

My original target was 11st 5lb, because it would mean a loss of 7.5 stone and would be 1lb under upper end of a healthy BMI. In my heart I wanted to get my 8 stone award and also weigh 10 stone something again but wasn't holding my breath. A week after reaching target, I lost 2lb and seemed destined to stay at 11stone 3lb. I have been following green and have been 100% on plan since I reached my target, without adding an extra HEB, and my weight stayed the same. Then last night, I got weighed at class and the scales said 10stone 11.5 lb :eek: so I quickly changed my target to 10 stone 12lb. Totally unexpected but a lovely surprise nonetheless!

Back