Getting to Target in 2018 (finally!)

Targetin2018

Hi everyone!

I've only just joined but decided to do a weight loss diary to try and keep me motivated on my Slimming World journey. I'm not struggling yet but I know that down the line I may well do!

I'm Helen, 36, and a long time weight yo-yoer! I've had a pretty unhealthy relationship with food for over half my life, sadly, and have had issues with binge eating, etc, in the past. I joined Slimming World for the first time in January 2010 and managed to lose 5 stone 4.5lbs in about 11 months. I was so so close to target but then Christmas totally derailed me and I never really recovered, weight loss wise! I then met my husband in December 2011 and the weight gradually crept back on. I've rejoined a few times over the years, always going back to my original group and hoping that time would be THE time I'd finally get to target. But each time I'd lose between 1-2 stone and then I'd get complacent and essentially give up!

My husband and I went on holiday to Florida in September this year and that was the final straw for me! It was so hot, I felt so horribly big and sweaty and by the time we got back I'd gained the stone back that I'd hurriedly lost before we went away. I hated myself in every single photo we had taken on holiday and I decided that enough was enough! Life is too short for me to hate myself that much! So I rejoined Slimming World on 25th October 2017. I'm going to a new group in a new area and I think it's helping me to not look back so much and just focus on this journey, rather than all the weight I've regained. My starting weight was 16 stone 9.5lbs, which, although not the highest it has been (that was 17 stone exactly when I last restarted Slimming World in February 2016), was a bit of a shock!

So I'm currently 4 weeks in and I've lost 1 stone 1.5 lbs! I'm very very pleased and feeling really good about actually doing "it" this time and getting to target. My husband is in the army and we currently live about 230 miles apart, which isn't always easy as I've definitely been a person who eats in secret in the past but, so far, I'm managing to stick to plan absolutely 100% and I'm really proud of myself! I'd like to be at target (9 stone 13.5lbs - just to say I've actually been in the 9s!) by my 37th birthday in November 2018, but ideally a lot sooner than that.

This has turned into a bit of an essay now so I think I'll leave it here and probably post again later tonight about how my day has gone :)

Hi,

best of luck getting to your goal, sure you'll do it way before your birthday. my goal date is my birthday in September.

subscribing :) x x

Thankyou! I'm hoping to be there long before my birthday but I know what I'm like on holiday (I gain weight very easily :(), etc, so building in a buffer! x

I think many of us can relate to the yo-yo-ing, and the holiday gains! I think you are right at putting all the past behind you and seeing this as a fresh new journey. It is a good way of approaching things.

Wish you the best of luck :)

I think many of us can relate to the yo-yo-ing, and the holiday gains! I think you are right at putting all the past behind you and seeing this as a fresh new journey. It is a good way of approaching things.

Wish you the best of luck :)

Totally! At my old group I was constantly just thinking back to how much I'd lost previously and it made me feel really ashamed that I'd put it all back on, plus a bit more. Thanks so much for your lovely comment! :) x

You're welcome.

I was the same. Lost 2 and a half stone on SW in 2015, then over a couple of years kept yo-yoing between 12 stone and 14 stone and trying every diet going. But now I have a focus to forget about previous losses and gains and just concentrate on this new journey and keep going to group to stay focused. Having interim targets and an overall goal really helps too. Mine is my wedding next August!

You're welcome.

I was the same. Lost 2 and a half stone on SW in 2015, then over a couple of years kept yo-yoing between 12 stone and 14 stone and trying every diet going. But now I have a focus to forget about previous losses and gains and just concentrate on this new journey and keep going to group to stay focused. Having interim targets and an overall goal really helps too. Mine is my wedding next August!

Oops, sorry for the delayed reply! I think that's been my problem over the last few years. I kept rejoining but was always thinking back to how thin I was and how much I'd lost previously, resenting having to lose the weight again. Even my wedding didn't motivate me enough to get to target (although I was 3 stone thinner than I am now! x

I honestly don't know where the last few days have gone! I had every good intention of posting in here daily but time has run away with me.

I've had a good few days, food wise. Within syns every day and have been eating a good variety of meals. BUT I can feel myself starting to get impatient and I feel like I've lost basically lost nothing over the last week, so I'm kind of dreading weigh in tomorrow. I know that if I don't lose I'm going to feel really disheartened.

Trying not to project though as I may well have lost and am just beating myself up for nothing! Time will tell I guess. Work has been dreadful recently, which isn't helping my mental state, and to be honest I'm really proud of myself for not comfort eating. I've always been an emotional eater. Happy - eat, sad - eat, stressed - eat. I feel like I might actually be conquering that once and for all!

It's weigh day! Eeeeekkk!

I had my usual berries and Arla Protein (1.5 syns) for breakfast and then some satsumas and a coffee. I've got into a terrible habit of not eating much on Wednesdays and I feel like I can't break the habit now as it'll affect the scales! I wear the same outfit to group every week so I feel like I have to keep my eating habits the same too ;)

I'll make up for it after weigh in though as I've got sweet and sour chicken and rice to look forward to, plus a few cheeky syns for afters.

Fingers crossed I'll be reporting back with a loss later!

Well much to my surprise I lost 4lbs last night! Which takes me to 1 stone 5.5 lbs in 5 weeks. I also got Slimmer of the Week and Slimmer of the Month. So so happy! If I can lose 1.5 lbs next week then I'll get my 1.5 stone award and if by some miracle I can lose 3.5 lbs, I'll get my 1.5 stone award AND my Club 10. Eek! Fingers crossed!

I've decided to chuck in a few SP days this week, to try and boost my loss. I've never done an SP day but I think I know what I'm doing. I've had an Arla Protein (1.5 syns) with raspberries for breakfast. Mid-morning snack will be fruit and a Hifi bar (part HEB). Lunch will be roast chicken slices with lots of cucumber and peppers, plus another Hifi bar (part HEB). And then dinner is going to be beef chill, served with spring greens and a pitta bread (second HEB). I think that's ok for an SP day?!

Onwards and downwards! x

I managed to complete my very first SP day yesterday and, you know what, it was actually ok!! I think I ate so much fruit and veg that I felt really full all day and didn't struggle at all, which surprised me!

I had a nightmare journey home from work unfortunately. It's only 19 miles but it took almost 2 hours, which was horrific and I was STARVING when I get back. But somehow I found the willpower to avoid the easy option of a takeaway and I cooked my planned beef chilli (with kidney beans and mixed Mexican beans), which I had with HEA cheese and lemon-garlic spring greens. Considering I cobbled it all together in about 40 minutes when I was extremely hangry it was actually delicious! Which is a good job as there are about 6 portions left ;)

I'm doing another SP today so had a big bowl of fruit salad (pear, plums, satsuma and raspberries) and a mint green tea for breakfast. Lunch is going to be boiled eggs, HEB Kingsmill No Crusts wholemeal bread and cucumber and pepper. Probably with a Hifi bar afterwards for 1/2 of my second HEB. For dinner I'll be having the same as last night :)

wow nice loss. how are you getting on with sp? x x

Thankyou! I did a couple of days of SP and actually found them fine but I did really miss yoghurt! And potatoes. I think it's something I'll save for when I really start to struggle with my losses week to week, as it definitely did feel more like being on a "diet" than doing EE does! x

Thankyou! I did a couple of days of SP and actually found them fine but I did really miss yoghurt! And potatoes. I think it's something I'll save for when I really start to struggle with my losses week to week, as it definitely did feel more like being on a "diet" than doing EE does! x

I'm doing sp this week in an attempt to drop 4lbs and get my 3 stone certificate. yes it does feel more like a diet but I'm finding it fine so far. have a good day x x

So today is weigh day. Not feeling massively confident as it's that time of the month and I feel very bloated. I've had less than 70 syns all week though and I've had so much speed food. What will be will be! If it doesn't show on the scales tonight then I'm due a very good less next week. I will be disappointed if I've not lost anything though, I cannot lie!

Back