Calorie allowance?

redmel

Dreamer
I have been ensuring I stick under 1300, but really Slimfast are allowing for slightly over 1300, aren't they!

3x100cal snacks
1x600cal meal
and 2xshakes which are about 220(ish) each, so really it is more like 1340cals a day, isn't it?

To be honest I would like to stick to 1200 a day, but it is nice to have the flexibility, in case you need/feel like an extra snack or save some cals for a treat:D

Mel x

Yeah you're absolutely right Mel. But TBH, I think its a good way that they work it out because it means your body is getting a bit of variety.. some days you might not have the full 600 cals for tea.. other days you will. I think it confuses your metabolism so it doesn't come to expect a specific number of cals everyday and start to slow down.. kind of like when you do the same exercise over a long period of time and it starts to lose effect.

Its great to know you can 'splash out' and have a treat lol

Yep it is about 1340, but as Emma says 'calorie cycling' is the best way to get your metabolism keeping working. Your body can get used to havign the exact amount of calories a day, and it slows down your metabolism. Some experts say that you should stick to a certain amount for 5 days of the week, but then on two days (not consecutive ones either) you should eat at least 200 cals more than usual to keep your metabolism working. This is a great thing to do especially if you hit a plateau in your diet and sts for a couple of weeks. Kicks starts your metabolism again.

You guys are all so much stricter than I am!! I roughly keep a count in my head of calories but eating school dinners its not easy as everything is made from scratch. I would guess I have about 1500 cals a day!

x

Back