calorie average

MissHapp said:
Some people can eat normally, around 2000 cals and not feel restricted, yet for others if you say 'unrestricted' they would eat 4000+ calories without thinking about it and then wonder why they weren't losing weight.

*waves and blushes* ;)

P x

Gosh, I am exhausted reading all that = all very interesting I must say......x

I think the thing I find hardest when keeping to 2000 cal is alcohol... Even 1/2 a bottle of wine with dinner and then 2-3 drinks over the rest of the evening can use up best part of 1000 cal (esp if you like sweeter drinks / cocktails!) And that's not even counting the extra nibbles / kebab I may sometimes have which I can sonehow resist when completely sober.....

My new plan (which seems to be working well so far, touch wood) is to have my weekday ups as intermediate calorie wise but consume them all in the evening in a healthy meal - so large stir frys, low fat stews etc. That way I still get a calorie swing (been doing some reading & eating one meal a day is a diet in itself) but limit my calories without too much effort. When I'm at work eating doesn't bother me. It's evenings & especially weekends where I struggle on regular diets.

I agree with you on the alcohol situation but saying that we are supposed to enjoy the up days and it makes you appreciate that glass of wine much more that usual! I wish i could just stick to vodka and diet coke but i cant bear diet coke!!!

I agree with you on the alcohol situation but saying that we are supposed to enjoy the up days and it makes you appreciate that glass of wine much more that usual! I wish i could just stick to vodka and diet coke but i cant bear diet coke!!!

what about vodka and diet lemonade?! :) xx

yeah thats cool no problem at all but pubs dont do it babe thats where i end up having the problems xxx

yeah thats cool no problem at all but pubs dont do it babe thats where i end up having the problems xxx

yeah im the same, its really frustrating because i always stick to spirits because its what i prefer but i hate them with coke so end up having full calorie lemonade. why havent pubs caught on to people who are dieting yet?? in my local bingo place, the cans in the vending machine are all the zero version but they do have full-fat coke as well but i cant see why more places cant just do that! x

I totally agree if this was the case i would be laughing and not hiding from the pub!!! really frustrated at the moment was considering going back to CD earlier as im really getting down my clothes are really tight!!!

I totally agree if this was the case i would be laughing and not hiding from the pub!!! really frustrated at the moment was considering going back to CD earlier as im really getting down my clothes are really tight!!!

give it a few more weeks hunni, im sure it'll happen for you. it is frustrating after seeing regular losses on a vlcd but your body needs to adapt too. i think if i find im still maintaining and not losing on juddd by the end of sept then i'll do atkins for a week to cheat my way into the 8s and maintain on juddd from there. my problem seems to be im too close to goal and my body doesnt want to work to burn fat anymore! evil body! x

yeah this is true only trouble is im off on holiday in october and really wanna be in the nines by then xxx

yeah this is true only trouble is im off on holiday in october and really wanna be in the nines by then xxx

me too! i need to be lower because i know that weight will prob pile on when im on hols! i even told my CDC that i'd prob be back the week after the holiday to do the shakes for a week lol! xx

loooool i know what you mean xxx

Yep its def an individual thing and daily weighing can be useful as long as its the official weekly weight that is noted of course , as if you have a stall then you can work out where you need to tinker, as long as you don't go down too low on your UP days and you are losing weight then you do whatever works for you x

I started kind-of Juddding after the Horizon programme, but using the 5:2 model. I do weigh daily, and I've noted an interesting change. The first couple of weeks, I was losing between 1.5-2 lb on a down day, then regaining about a pound on the following day, and a little more the next, leaving me only a fraction of a pound down over the three days.

But after my 5th DD (in week 3), it was as though someone flicked a switch. The amount I lost on a DD dropped to about a pound (once only 0.1lb), but the rebound on the following day fell as well - once I actually lost on the day after a DD.

It's weird, but basically what Jo says: when you find what works, stick to it.

Barbara

I started kind-of Juddding after the Horizon programme, but using the 5:2 model. I do weigh daily, and I've noted an interesting change. The first couple of weeks, I was losing between 1.5-2 lb on a down day, then regaining about a pound on the following day, and a little more the next, leaving me only a fraction of a pound down over the three days.

But after my 5th DD (in week 3), it was as though someone flicked a switch. The amount I lost on a DD dropped to about a pound (once only 0.1lb), but the rebound on the following day fell as well - once I actually lost on the day after a DD.

It's weird, but basically what Jo says: when you find what works, stick to it.

Barbara

It is interesting, especially when you find what works for you! i think for a lot of people the 3rd week is when everything slots into place, particularly if you've moved from a vlcd or very restricted calorie diet. im hoping ive found my groove with juddd now, im on my 3rd week and praying for a loss tmrw! just got to focus on getting through this DD! x

Do please let us know how your getting on in your third week. This is my first week and I am finding my third dd today quite hard. I think I enjoyed my ud yesterday a little too much. :(

Back