Calorie Content

BerryBerry

Silver Member
Hi all, I am sure this has been covered before, but I would appreciate any advice again.

I'm sure most of us counters use MFP or similar to track our daily allowance. I have been doing so for several months. Only recently have I actually paid any attention to the daily summary section which breaks down the nutrient details of your day (ie. vitamins, fats, protein, carbs).

Do you watch and adhere to this religiously? Or do you concentrate on hitting your overall target calorie count however you feel best?

Since its been so chilly I have been having soup for lunch as opposed to my usual salad and this keeps tipping my sugar limit into the red every day by quite a bit despite being in line / under for total calorie count.

I used to find hitting my fibre target a bit tricky but eating berries as a snack has helped me in this area in particular.

Anyway just interested to hear how people approach the nutrient breakdown, which areas in particular you keep an eye on and any tips you might have?

I always go over my sugar, mainly due to the fruit! Im just trying to focus on getting a balanced diet and The only thing I ever go over on is sugar and I don't worry too much if it's healthy sugars

I just look at the overall calorie intake im always over in sugars and sometimes protein :)

My sugar and fibre are usually over. A couple of pieces of fruit is all it takes to put my sugar over!

Back