Calorie counters, whats your exercise routine?

I took on extra job last month and that keeps me busy, busy, busy (housekeeping) so I haven't done any extra exercise since then. Before that though I did kbell work out and Zumba fitness on the kinnect.

Walk/run 5 to 6 miles six times a week, plus 3 swimming sessions and 3 weights. this is only week two though so ask me in a few months lol

Because I am very overweight, I decided to do something low impact. I swim 4-5 times a week for about 45 mins - 1hr no breaks. I do not try and work out how much I have burned I just try and keep the calorie content low and hopefully it will work.I am going to add some landbased stuff like walking briskly etc in the next few weeks. I can not afford a gym right now but I know I will need to build up my routine as I lose more as it will take more effort to burn things the slimmer I am.

Have you looked at cost of joining a gym?? its just that i notice u swim 4-5 times a week, if u add all this up cost wise, would it not be cheaper to have a membership??? I know it would be where i go, swimming is expensive these days no matter where u go, even when i had a concession card years ago it was still £1.30 a time....i pay £36 a month for my gym membership which enables me to go peak or off peak, do all the classes, swimming, gym ect...its great value. maybe u should have a look into it??? good luck!

I don't really have a set routine. But this is generally what I do:

Monday - Friday I have to walk 3.6 miles a day for the school, I'm now starting 30 day shred, so will be doing that for 20mins every day, I do 30mins-60mins every second day on the exercise bike, every day if I can if my bum isn't too sore. And I've now got weights, mat and an ab machine to start using too.

My routine changes depending on what shift I'm working, but generally it:
Monday - circuit training
Wednesday - Latino fit
Friday - Zumba
Sat/sun - 90 minutes at gym

... I thought I did a lot until I read how much some other people on here do lol

Gym 7 days a week. Personal trainer 3 days a week - 1 hour. and then I join a class everyday as well. I spent around 18-20 hours at the gym a week. Everyone at the gym knows me lol.

elm said:
Gym 7 days a week. Personal trainer 3 days a week - 1 hour. and then I join a class everyday as well. I spent around 18-20 hours at the gym a week. Everyone at the gym knows me lol.

Wow! How do you fit all that in?!

Eight weeks ago I did nothing but now I Zumba 3 times a week and bokwa once a week. I walk a fair bit most days cos I can't drive so school trips & work are done by bus and walking. I was really worried about my lack of co-ordination & zumba but I realised I'm not as bad as I thought & I love it so much now! I also try to do just dance a couple of times a week & Zumba on the wii on Sunday mornings. It's definitely keeping the losses going & changing my shape massively....

I'm afraid it's not a proper routine yet! :( I have ME which unfortunately limits what I can do. It's so annoying, and I do actually really enjoy outdoor exercise.

I usually ride (a horse) once or twice a week for 1-2 hours; generally it's a quiet ride which is mostly walking, though I love a good canter. I know as exercise goes it isn't the best, but it does miracles for my mind and soul, and gets the happy hormones flowing.

I also love walking and cycling, and am determined to get into a proper routine of walking/cycling most days of the week.

I have got a pedometer which I'm going to start using again today, and am going to go for a walk for about 1/2 hour, and want to do this 3-4 times a week. The trouble is it's fine on days when I feel OK, but a struggle on bad days. I need to be realistic and aim for say 15 mins on these days, which is better than nothing.

I see a personal trainre once a week for strength and muscle tone and the rest of the week I do at least 1 hour of movement, I try to shake it up so I dont get bored and the only rule is that I must break a sweat so if I go for a walk and I'm not puffing and panting I have to jog a little ( although I only manage about 1 minute at a time). At my weight just brisk walking burns a lot. But the math of 3500 per lb sooooo doesnt work.

After months of wasting my gym membership I have finally been back this week, with only 1 week left of it (I paid upfront for the year) :rolleyes:
I said if I am going to renew the membership I HAVE to start going. So far this week I have been 3 times - twice for an hour of swimming and once to the gym to start c25k.
I plan to go back to classes after the bank holiday weekend, I particularly used to like Zumba and Aquafit. Once I have lost some weight and built up stamina I would like (Maybe!!) to try spin classes. Definitely not for a while though!
I think my week will look like this:

Monday: Aqua Zumba + 40 lengths
Tuesday: Zumba + C25k
Wednesday: Nothing
Thursday: Zumba + C25k / Swimming
Friday: Nothing
Saturday/Sunday: Maybe C25k

Back