Calorie counting and Xenical

LaLaLou

Silver Member
Hi folks,

just wondering, for anyone not doing a specific "diet" eg WW, SW etc

How do you decide on how much to eat each day? Just stick to within your fat content allowance, or do you count calories too?

Is it better to count calories AND fat content rather than just fat content?

Well I wasn't keeping an exact calorie count. Put I normally eat the same thing every day (aside from my dinner) so I was being aware when buying of the calories (either making a note from the pack or looking it up on line) and totting it up sometimes. I've also been keeping a food diary.

however the lovely Kes mentioned that something called myfitnesspal (some people have a ticker from it)Free Calorie Counter, Diet & Exercise Journal | MyFitnessPal.com has a calorie counter on it. You basically can keep a diary on it of what you eat and if you tell it what weight you are, how much you want to lose it will work out what calories you should be having.

So for example if I want to lose 1lb per week I should be having 1810 calories per day (and you can record exercise which it will then "add" to you daily calorie total). I think it's great!

Now I've found that there are gaps, it doesn't have every food (although you can add to it) but it's a pretty good guide for you to know how you're doing.

I know I'm eating more sugar than i should most days :p

i think you need to count calories, fat and sugar. You'll find a lot of "healthy option" foods are low fat but really high in sugar (the bleeders!)

hey lou!

i do RC which is basically calorie counting and watchin your fat intake! works well if u stick to it...which i havent this past few weeks eeeek!

On the other hand it also works well with WW, SW and SF. It just depends what suits u best! If u have been CC and loosing weight ok then continue that. If u feel u r ready for a change it may benefit u to change!

I find have have to watch calories as well as fat as i like sweet stuff an of course theres no fat in sweets so to stop me going mad i keep an eye on them!

xxxxxxxxxx

Good point about sweet things being low in fat but high in calories, I hadn't thought about things like that!

At the mo I'm using an online calorie counter, which I really like. It's a British one, so has all the main supermarkets on it, and you can put exercise in as well, which is handy. The only thing it doesn't count is sugar content, which I'll have to keep an eye one!

I think I'm going to continue on with CC, it's suiting me so far, and see how I get on from here.

Thanks ladies xx

Hi
I calorie count and keep an eye on my fat intake. I had tried every diet on the market and decided I wanted to try and do it myself this time and maybe save a bit of money. I'm trying to stick to 1500 calories a day although it has gone up a bit at the moment to allow for Christmas treats.

Good luck
xx

Hiya

I'm in Livingston was just wondering where abouts you were I'm originally from North Lanarkshire.

Mhairi
xx

Back