Calorie Counting Diary - Mini Goals

Found you and here to subscribe :)

You are the same as me with your snacks - I can't give them up either!

You're doing great with the way you work your food within 1200 calories, I was on 1100 and didn't distribute them nearly as well which is probably why I didn't stick with calorie counting.

You are doing great, so keep up the good work (treats and all!) and you'll soon be at your first mini goal xx

Thanks for your message Sammy. Really cheered me up :) I'm trying my best. Just hope my snacks don't get in the way of weight loss but I'm trying to substitute the bad ones for fruit etc. I just love chocolate too much haha! I'm trying though!! xxx

Wednesday 12th March 2014

Breakfast - Tea with semi skimmed milk, 2 sweetners (10cals), 100g Strawberries (30cals)
Dinner - WW tomato soup, 4 ryvita crackerbreads, 2 extra light laughing cow triangles (192cals), 2 Oranges (118cals)
Tea - (not had it yet, just planned :) ) Breaded chicken breast fillet (234cals) , Salad (lettuce, cucumber, red onion, pepper, carrot) (74cals)

Snacks - Double Chocolate Alpen Light Bar (65cals), Skips (76cals), Pink n whites (50cals) .... (can you tell I'm really trying hard to cut the snacks down!) :)

Total Calories so far - 849cal

This leaves me with 351 yummy calories!!!! Has anyone got any suggestions? I may have a few cheeky chips with my tea and a little treat tonight but I'm very open to suggestions!

I'm also going to netball training tonight for an hour and a half. We usually do an hour or so of really hard interval training and circuits (it kills me!!! But I like to feel the burn!) And then half an hour of Netball. So feel like today should be a good day for me!!!!

P.s I'm trying not to use my extra calories burned from exercise if I can help it. Just eating the 1,200 regardless of exercise or not. Every little helps right? xxxx

yer when I was trying to lose never ate back my excersize calories now I try and eat some of them back ;) struggling with naughty snacks today.. I had cadburys buttons 170 calories, fruit pastles 186 calories, a fox melt 64 calories, and a mcvities medely bar the choccy digestive kind 138 calories not 1 bit of fruit or yogart in sight today for my snacks!! I need bloody shooting!! :eek:

It is the hardest thing to give up the nice things when we're dieting. If we give them up completely though, or cut them down too much, I feel we are in danger of giving up on the diet altogether as it gets boring when you haven't got a little treat to look forward to. Well, if you're anything like me anyway haha!

During the week I tend not to have too much choc with it being high in calories/points and tend to go for sweets and crisps that aren't too high. Chewitts are great as you can make them last and they are only 115 calories.

Here to subscribe :). I'm partial to a wee kitkat too. Def the lesser of the evil choc! haha. x

Thanks Ladies, Good to know I'm not the only one that struggles with treats!! I ended up using my calories up on some nice chips to go with my tea and a piece of milk roll with extra light dairylea. Although, I need a virtual slap on the wrists from you guys! I went to netball but obviously hadn't eaten enough as I felt soooo ill. Really sick and faint so I was annoyed with myself for not eating enough before I went when I was going to be doing a lot of exercise. On the plus side though! It's taught me how it feels when I'm actually hungry! And not just when I think I'm hungry because I'm bored!!! xxxx

Thursday 13th March 2014

Breakfast - Tea with semi skimmed milk, 2 sweetners (10cals) , Strawberries & Raspberries (65cals)
Dinner - WW tomato soup, 4 ryvita crackerbreads, 2 extra light laughing cow triangles (172cals), 1 Orange (47cals)
Tea (haven't had it yet obviously) - Breaded chicken breast fillet (234cals) , Salad (lettuce, cucumber, red onion, pepper, carrot) (74cals), 100g Mccain home chips (178cals), Tomato ketchup (36cals) . Pudding!! :) - Sainsburys low cal hot choc with splash of milk, Cookies and cream kitkat (153cals)

Snacks - Double chocolate alpen light bar (65cals), Quavers (88cals)

I'm trying to cut down on the snacks!

Total Calories - 1142
This leaves me with 58cals so think I might have a chicken noodle cup a soup for 44 if I get hungry later on! Or a pink n white. xx

Thanks Sammy,

Well I ended up having no chips, just salad and chicken, and no kitkat or hot choc because I was making cookies and cake and after a couple of dips in the bowl I felt too guilty and didn't want to go over my calories! lol. So hopefully that didn't do too much damage!

P.s I've got an order on for them. I wouldnt be so cruel as to make cookies and cakes when I was on a diet unless it was for someone else!! xxx

Thanks Sammy. Well I hope so! I need yours and everyone else's advice though! I'm going out on saturday night and the dreaded alcohol is on the menu. Any suggestions on the lowest calorie wine/prosecco/spirits! I'm scared it will make me gain but if I manage not to go over 1,400 on sat do you think I will still be on track? I obviously won't lose as much as I would have without it but hopefully I won't gain! xx

Well I'm no expert when it comes to having alcohol on diets although I do like my wine at weekends. That's why I like the 49 extra points we get on ww as they can be used for that kind of treat. I worked out that the 26 daily points I'm on are about 1100 calories but I am also using all my weeky points and within those I have 2 bottles of wine per week and still lose weight (more than I should have healthwise probably but hey ho!). Personally I don't think one night out having a few drinks will do too much damage. I had a google and found the table below which may help you to decide what to drink. Hope you have a lovely time, we may be on a diet but we have to enjoy life sometimes too!

Beverage
Average Bar Serve
Calories
Red wine (13.5%)150ml100 – 120
White wine (11.5%)150ml70 – 120
Sparkling wine (11.5%)150ml70 – 120
Full-strength beer (4.8%)425ml schooner155
Premix gin and tonic (4.5%)375 ml can320
Vodka with soda (40%)30ml spirit plus 150ml soda64
Rum and cola (4.6%)375ml can248
Gin and tonic (4.5%)30ml spirit plus 250 ml tonic200
Piña Colada (13%)150ml290-480

Thanks Sammy! I know. The thing is it won't be just a few! Haha (I'm 21) so when we go out we tend to hit it hard haha! I'm thinking a bottle of wine/prosecco before I go out (or 2) I'm thinking because I haven't drank in ages I will get drunk faster which will be good!!! And then maybe Vodka and diet coke. (Don't even like vodka but I'll hopefully be drunk by that point haha!) xxx

Helloooooooooooooooooooo KMD ! :wavey:

Found you ! :D Here to sub, will read your diary with great interest, hope your having a fab day ! Just wanted to ask, what day of the week do you normally get weighed ?

Kay xx

Sounds like you'll be having a good night then :D

I've got the t-shirt haha and it didn't do me any harm so go for it and have a great time without worrying about calories for one night. I reckon as long as you don't go mad food wise then you'll be fine come weigh day ;)

Haha. Thanks Sammy. I'm looking forward to it and hopefully I'll feel a bit more confident than normal after losing a bit of weight. I went out last year to the same place (durham, we go there a lot) and there were some lads out that were all carrying on being loud and horrible as drunken boys sometimes are. And they said some really hurtful things (along the lines of which one would you go for, and one of them was like well I'll go for the fat one, at least she has a pretty face) It really knocked my confidence and completely ruined my night :-( So hopefully this time there won't be any comments like that!! And yeah. I'm going to try and be really healthy with food tomorrow and then just have my alcohol too. :) xx

Helloooooooooooooooooooo KMD ! :wavey:

Found you ! :D Here to sub, will read your diary with great interest, hope your having a fab day ! Just wanted to ask, what day of the week do you normally get weighed ?

Kay xx

Thanks Kay!! I'm having a good day and out at a ball tonight so that should be fun! Hope you're day is fab too! Look forward to hearing your thoughts on my diary! :) xxx

Hey KMD :p, I've managed to catch up on your diary ! You've done so well on your journey. I popped in to wish you luck for your weigh in tomorrow . Good luck hun ! :) I hope you've had a smashing weekend !

Kay xx

Hey KMD :p, I've managed to catch up on your diary ! You've done so well on your journey. I popped in to wish you luck for your weigh in tomorrow . Good luck hun ! :) I hope you've had a smashing weekend !

Kay xx

Hi Kay!!! Thank you. And I wish I could say I've lost but I've gained 3 lbs!! :-( So gutted but straight back on it today to hopefully repair the damage! How are you getting on? Did you have a nice weekend? xx

Back