Another Diary of a Newbie...

Mets

Gold Member
I'm new to SW... I lost a lot of weight with WW but since relocating 2yrs ago from down south to Yorkshire, I've managed to gain around 1.5 stones. This is through a combination of working shifts and also being in denial! I signed up online to SW because my shifts make it difficult to make meetings. Im going to try and keep this diary as up to date as possible.

I go go on holiday to Florida on 26th May and I'd love to lose 10lbs by then!

Day One - 08/04/2015

B - 35g Porrige oats (Hexb), 250ml semi skimmed milk (hexa), 1 tbsp golden syrup (2 syns)
Apple and banana

L - SW stir fry readymeal with a handful of spinach, muller light banoffee yogurt (1 syn)

D - SW salmon readymeal with spinach again, tbls 0% Yeo Valley Creme Fraiche (0.5 syns)

(I only had these ready meals because I realised after buying them, that I didn't have room in my freezer!)

S - handful of grapes, diet coke, Muller Light Strawberry Yogurt, gingerbread man (bloody boyf bought this for me and I felt bad for not having it! 10 syns), salted caramel green tea, hams slices.

13.5syns used

ok so yesterday wasn't the best start, my food can definitely be better. And I promise I won't be eating the ready meals regularly. They were pretty tasty though!

Day 2 - 09/04/2105

Starting my working "week" today (I work four on four off) and will be finishing at 0130.

B - 35g Porrige oats (Hexb), 250mil semi skimmed milk (Hexa), banana, Apple and Apple pie muller light (1syn)

L - tuna, sweetcorn mixed with 0% Yeo Valley Creme Fraiche (0.5 syns) , 2 eggs, lettuce, cucumber, spring onions and celery. 1 tbsp tesco light mayo (2syns)

D - 5% beef mince with tinned tomatoes, peppers, onion, garlic and mushrooms. Will serve with 60g pasta and big handful of spinach

S - fruit salad (strawberries, grape, mango) muller light. I drink tons of water and green tea.

3.5 syns used

I will (try to) take the critisisim on my diary... I really need some pointers though. Should I be eating more? Or less!! I know I'll be told off for the Mullers... Probably shouldn't be having 2! I won't tomorrow :) should I be having more fruit and veg?

Last edited:
Friday 10th April

B - Half a tin of baked beans, mushrooms, 2 "fried eggs", 4 bacon medalions and a banana

L - Spag bol again (made with tinned tomatoes, mushrooms, onion, garlic and peppers) with 60g wholewheat pasta and a large handful spinach

D - Vegetable Chilli (my friends Mum made this, she says it's 0.5 syns per portion) with Uncle Bens Golden Vegetable Rice (2.5syns), large handful of spinach

S - Fruit salad (strawberries, mango and grapes) Muller Light, apple, pear, x2 Alpen Light (HEXB), coffee and tea (HEXA)

3 SYNS used

Last edited:
Saturday 11th April

B - Banana and Muller Light Banana Dessert (1 syn)

L - Half a tin of baked beans, mushrooms, 2 "fried eggs", 4 bacon medalions

D - Egg salad made with creme fraiche (0.5 syn), lighter mayo (2 syn), with couscous and chickpeas. Lots of lettuce, spinach, celery, cucumber and spring onions.

S - Harvest Morn Apple & Sultana bars x2 (HEXB), apple, pear, Mugshot, fruit salad (strawberries, grapes and melon) with Muller Light Mandarin, Roses Caramel (2.5 syns), x2 Alpen Lights (5.5 syns), 250ml milk (HEXA) in tea and coffee. Lots of peppermint tea and water

Total 11.5 syns

I'm on a night shift tonight and always tend to eat a little more because I'm awake for a lot longer!

Is slimming world better than weightwatchers?
I've been struggling with my weight for years, just signed back into my account with my username being sasha23 and realized I have been obsessed with my weight for 6 yrs! crazy. I tried weightwatchers before but for some reason couldn't lose weight on their propoints plan, never tried slimming world

Hi :)

Well I can't say whether it's better because I've not even completed my first week on SW! But I've certainly not felt as hungry as I did on WW. My first WI is on Weds morning... I think I joined this site in 2009! So you're not alone with the obsessing over your weight! x

I'll update my diary tomorrow. Came off nights this morning and didn't sleep much so I'm back in bed now. I've still stuck to the plan and under 15 syns a day. I really hope I get a loss on Weds... I'm so bloated though and have really bad wind! So embarrassing.

Hi good luck with doing SW
It is def a plan for life:)
Food looks ok to me?
Know the feeling about wind lol, must be all the healthy food:D
Good luck for your weigh in :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hiya and good luck with your journey :)

I've never tried ww but it's never really appealed to me. I think I'd feel too restricted with the point system.

Your food looks great apart from the lack of syns on the first few days but I'm a bit confused as to why you shouldn't have had 2 mullerlights on day 2? xx

Back