Calorie Counting Diary - Mini Goals

Another big congrats on the job - 9lbs is ridiculous in such a short time - think of the number of extra cals you would have to eat to put that amount on.
Let me tell you from experience and honesty that it is so easy to gain weight when you are surrounded by food all day, you don't get sick of the sight of it in fact picking is the easiest thing in the world to do without knowing you are doing it. Not trying to put a downer on things just telling you my experience - you are going to need a whole load of mints :D
I loved that kind of work and wish you every success with it.

Congratulations on your new job - fantastic news.

Boo to the scales though, they really can be so evil. You must have the same ones as mine ;) X X

Sent from my GT-I8190 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thanks Rach! And I know. Damn scales!!! lol xxx

Another big congrats on the job - 9lbs is ridiculous in such a short time - think of the number of extra cals you would have to eat to put that amount on.
Let me tell you from experience and honesty that it is so easy to gain weight when you are surrounded by food all day, you don't get sick of the sight of it in fact picking is the easiest thing in the world to do without knowing you are doing it. Not trying to put a downer on things just telling you my experience - you are going to need a whole load of mints :D
I loved that kind of work and wish you every success with it.

Thanks Systema, aw. I know it will be difficult. But one of my part time jobs up to know has been as a chef for a mobile catering company and for a cafe and I'm not actually that bad when I'm working so fingers crossed I will resist. I'm not too worried! xxx

Oi! Where you be? :D xx

Hi Sammy,

Help me!!! I have no motivation at all and think I'm heavier than ever. How has this happened. Holiday is getting closer and closer and I should be more motivated, not less!! :( Help? lol xxxx

How are things going with you? X

Hi Rach, things are going well. Unfortunately, not so much with the scales. Losing motivation and fast!! xxx

Hi Sammy,

Help me!!! I have no motivation at all and think I'm heavier than ever. How has this happened. Holiday is getting closer and closer and I should be more motivated, not less!! :( Help? lol xxxx

Firstly, big hugs xxxxxxxxxxxx

Now do you want the help the nice way or the hard way lol? I could give you a kick up the butt but not sure that's the way forward here :D

Being serious though, is it possible that the pressure of your holiday getting closer, is actually what is making your motivation dwindle? Some of us (me for instance) can find that a deadline really helps to keep us on track. I'm a stubborn cow when I decide to do something, I will dig my heels in and my determination knows no bounds so when I'm on points not a morsel goes in my mouth unless it has been pointed. I'm a pain in bum with it at times lol! Others however find that if something needs to be achieved by a certain time it can actually make them feel panicked, overwhelmed so motivation isn't quite as it should be and then it's easier to say sod it isn't it? You've also had quite a lot of stress lately with your health concerns and your job so that won't have been helping either hun.

How long is it until your hols? I think what I'd be doing now is getting rid of any weight goal you have in your mind for when you go away. Just draw a line underneath the whole thing, get back on track with me and the others, start writing down on your diary everything you are eating each day and say to yourself that between now and your hols you are going to stay on that track whatever and we will do our best to help keep you there.

I hope some of that has helped if only a little bit. Am here to listen hun xxx

Firstly, big hugs xxxxxxxxxxxx

Now do you want the help the nice way or the hard way lol? I could give you a kick up the butt but not sure that's the way forward here :D

Being serious though, is it possible that the pressure of your holiday getting closer, is actually what is making your motivation dwindle? Some of us (me for instance) can find that a deadline really helps to keep us on track. I'm a stubborn cow when I decide to do something, I will dig my heels in and my determination knows no bounds so when I'm on points not a morsel goes in my mouth unless it has been pointed. I'm a pain in bum with it at times lol! Others however find that if something needs to be achieved by a certain time it can actually make them feel panicked, overwhelmed so motivation isn't quite as it should be and then it's easier to say sod it isn't it? You've also had quite a lot of stress lately with your health concerns and your job so that won't have been helping either hun.

How long is it until your hols? I think what I'd be doing now is getting rid of any weight goal you have in your mind for when you go away. Just draw a line underneath the whole thing, get back on track with me and the others, start writing down on your diary everything you are eating each day and say to yourself that between now and your hols you are going to stay on that track whatever and we will do our best to help keep you there.

I hope some of that has helped if only a little bit. Am here to listen hun xxx

You are such a sweety Sammy thank you. I need it the hard way. A big kick up the bum please! lol.

I think the problem is I set myself a target for holidays and now I know I'm not going to reach it I'm just thinking whats the point in even trying, which is stupid! Because I still have 6 weigh ins until my holidays and if I really try could lose a good chunk of it before I go away! Grrr. I'm so annoyed with myself.

I go on holiday 27th so last official weigh in will be 23rd. Well for the last week I have tried to get back on it everyday and failed!! I think it's because I haven't been on here as much either. I'm thinking come on here everyday again. Start writing down everything I eat again, and just do my best till I go. What do you think? Doing a fast today to try and kick my butt in to gear!!! xxxxx

You are such a sweety Sammy thank you. I need it the hard way. A big kick up the bum please! lol.

I think the problem is I set myself a target for holidays and now I know I'm not going to reach it I'm just thinking whats the point in even trying, which is stupid! Because I still have 6 weigh ins until my holidays and if I really try could lose a good chunk of it before I go away! Grrr. I'm so annoyed with myself.

I go on holiday 27th so last official weigh in will be 23rd. Well for the last week I have tried to get back on it everyday and failed!! I think it's because I haven't been on here as much either. I'm thinking come on here everyday again. Start writing down everything I eat again, and just do my best till I go. What do you think? Doing a fast today to try and kick my butt in to gear!!! xxxxx

Yes I do think a big part of the problem is the target you have in your mind - forget that hun cos your weight will be whatever it is when you go on hol and all you can do is your very best between now and then. You have six weeks to do something. In the last six weeks I have lost 10lbs so let that be a bit of motivation for you hun. You can definitely do this as I have seen determination in you before. Not sure fasting days are a good idea, I wouldn't last five minutes on a diet where I was feeling miserable on it but that's me, you know yourself best but I do know when you were staying within your daily cals and allowing yourself something to look forward to of an evening, you were doing well and losing.

Posting on here and talking to us about how you feel, especially when you are having a low moment and wanting to eat something that's off plan could help enormously Kirsty. I have had a couple of wobbles and been put back on track just by being able to share it on here. Don't stay away just cos you've had a blip hun ok? We are here to share the good and the bad xxxx

Yes I do think a big part of the problem is the target you have in your mind - forget that hun cos your weight will be whatever it is when you go on hol and all you can do is your very best between now and then. You have six weeks to do something. In the last six weeks I have lost 10lbs so let that be a bit of motivation for you hun. You can definitely do this as I have seen determination in you before. Not sure fasting days are a good idea, I wouldn't last five minutes on a diet where I was feeling miserable on it but that's me, you know yourself best but I do know when you were staying within your daily cals and allowing yourself something to look forward to of an evening, you were doing well and losing.

Posting on here and talking to us about how you feel, especially when you are having a low moment and wanting to eat something that's off plan could help enormously Kirsty. I have had a couple of wobbles and been put back on track just by being able to share it on here. Don't stay away just cos you've had a blip hun ok? We are here to share the good and the bad xxxx

Ok. No target for holidays :D just an overall target. Target for holidays gone!! Any loss is going to make me feel better so just going to aim for a loss each week, however big or small. Yep, fasting normally for me isn't a good idea. Just doing one today to make up for naughtiness and then back to normal tomorrow. (got a hen do this weekend but going to try not to go crazy and get straight back on it on the sunday)

And yes. It definetely does help!! :) I'm not going to stay away. I'm back, and going to lose weight before my Jollies. Ideally I would like to be under the 11's so I see 10's on the scale even if it's just 10. 13 3/4 or something. But no pressure on myself. Just want to lose some! Thanks so much Sammy. xxxx

I gave up making targets for my weight loss it just wasn't worth it. Stressing about not making it. So I decided that once I weigh less at the end of the year than I do now I will be happy. Maybe you should try it hun :) xx

I gave up making targets for my weight loss it just wasn't worth it. Stressing about not making it. So I decided that once I weigh less at the end of the year than I do now I will be happy. Maybe you should try it hun :) xx

I know. That's how I'm feeling. So have an overall target but it will take as long as it takes. :D xxxx

I don't have a time frame or targets i am just trying to keep to my calories each day and exercise each day and hope i will get to my weight, i am finding it a lot more relaxing, hope you do to hun x

Sounds good to me. xx

Did a mini kind of fast yesterday just to get me back in the zone. Finally managed to stay on track!

Breakfast - Low cal hot choc (46cals)
Dinner - 160g cucumber (16cals)
Afternoon - Low cal hot choc (46cals), alpen light lemon drizzle (62cals)
Tea - Gammon joint with salad, extra light mayo and about 4 chips (299cals)
Snacks - melon, pear (97cals)

Total - 566 calories.

A little over a proper fast but just wanted to do it to kick my butt back into gear. Back to 1,200 today. xxxx

It will cos you've got determination hun and you really want it to happen. Just remember to keep posting if you start to feel yourself wavering, none of this going awol haha! I'll be here to kick butt :D xx

Thanks Sammy. You're such a big help!! I won't go awol. Promise!!! Bought loads of yummy fruit and natural yoghurt with me and stuff so looking forward to my food today! :D You got anything nice planned? xxxx

Thanks Sammy. You're such a big help!! I won't go awol. Promise!!! Bought loads of yummy fruit and natural yoghurt with me and stuff so looking forward to my food today! :D You got anything nice planned? xxxx

You're welcome and I'm glad some of my waffle helps lol!

Fruit is a great idea hun. I am really enjoying fruit with things like yoghurts, squirty cream and low fat custard. I have a bowl of something like that after my tea most days and it actually stops me wanting more of the naughty stuff. Most of the time ;) Have you tried the little meringues with it? They really add that little bit extra. I sometimes have the sugar free jelly with it too, it makes a yummy and filling pudding.

I'll probably have a deli wrap for lunch, not sure about filling yet, got a hot choc for this aft and we are having burgers, waffle and beans for tea. Yum! How about you? xxx

Back