Calorie Counting Diary - Mini Goals

Hi All,

Well, had a bit of an off plan weekend. My heart just wasn't in it. 1lb off this morning so down to 11.11. Gutted when I was down to 11.4!!! :( Also, I've decided to change my weigh in day. Even though I want to weigh less everyday, not just weigh in day, but I think it will motivate me more, and help me lose more if I weigh in on a Saturday instead. That way I can relax a little over the weekend and not feel so restricted and then know that I have 5 full weekdays to be good as gold! :D So new weigh in day is saturday, however this week I'm going to weigh in friday before the wedding just so I know I'm on the right track!. xxxx

Last edited:
Good afternoon hun,
I know what you mean about going off plan because your heart wasn't in it. I was exactly the same this weekend, I was hoping to be good all but Saturday night but then the sun was shining and I really couldnt be bothered to think about everything that went in my mouth.
Well done for losing 1lb though, that's so much better than my 1lb on!!xx

Good afternoon hun,
I know what you mean about going off plan because your heart wasn't in it. I was exactly the same this weekend, I was hoping to be good all but Saturday night but then the sun was shining and I really couldnt be bothered to think about everything that went in my mouth.
Well done for losing 1lb though, that's so much better than my 1lb on!!xx

Thank you. I know. It's so hard. I just love food! Haha. Oh well, hope we have a better week this week. xx

Well done on your 1lb off this week Kirsty :)

It is very difficult to stay on track at weekends and then when the sun shines as well, we are stuffed!

Try not to be too disheartened that you're not as low as you were hun, it will come off eventually xxx

Thanks Sammy. I know. Just hoping it comes back off sooner rather than later lol. I have decided to change my weigh in day so hoping that will help me. We shall see! New weigh in day is sat but doing it friday this week before the weddings! xxx

Monday 19th May

Breakfast - Low cal hot choc, banana (136cals)
Dinner - WW tomato soup, 4 crackerbreads, 2 extra light triangles (192cals)
Tea - Tesco healthy living chicken tikka masala, broccoli, 1 chicken goujon with extra light mayo (433cals)
Snacks - Alpen light double choc, Oreo cookie, Low cal hot choc, Galaxy bubbles bar, Pea pods, 2 chewits (412cals)

Total - 1,173 calories

So under calories which is good although didn't feel like the healthiest of days so going to make more of an effort with fruit and veg today! xxxx

Afternoon - just catching up now that we have internet sorted - hopeless for downloading pictures but ok now for reading etc. without disappearing on me.

Wow - size 10 and noticed a stone has gone - well done :clap::clap::clap:

I kind of not bothered when I went to London and Midlands and stayed the same but done ok this week but the social life does interfere more here. :D Good job there is a gym to go to.
Hope to see the wedding photos.

Hi Sammy,

I've been lonely! :( lol. Getting on really well today, yesterday, let's not go there lol. Was doing sooo well, then got home, had cakes to make and before I knew it the cake mixture was in my mouth!!!! Grrrrr!!!! But being super duper good today and tomorrow to hopefully feel nice for the weekend! How are you? xxx

Aww bless you, no need to be lonely on here though hun!

Ah, I thought that might have been the case with the cake mixture lol! Today's a new day and it sounds like you're doing good! xxx

Morning hun x
Hope yesterday continued being 100% :eek:
Just a quick hello before getting LO ready for the day, feel so lazy today though, I'd happily go bk to bed, big bowl of haribo & plenty of chick flicks! Think it's going to b 1 of those dragging days today!!
Hv a good morning hun x L x

Sent from my ST23i using MiniMins.com mobile app

Morning,

Why can't I get my head in the game!!! I do so well during the day then I get home and just munch the cake mixture. It's so hard when it's just there. Must try harder! I didn't even eat that much, just feeling rubbish and due on this week so feeling so crappy and fat!

And! I got on the scales this morning just for a sneaky peak and I was 12.2!!!!! That's the same as I was when I started dieting. How can I have put nearly a stone on in a week and a half! What is the actual point!!!!

Afternoon - just catching up now that we have internet sorted - hopeless for downloading pictures but ok now for reading etc. without disappearing on me.

Wow - size 10 and noticed a stone has gone - well done :clap::clap::clap:

I kind of not bothered when I went to London and Midlands and stayed the same but done ok this week but the social life does interfere more here. :D Good job there is a gym to go to.
Hope to see the wedding photos.

Morning, nice to have you back. Well I wish I could say a stone has gone. Looks like it's gone back on in less than a fortnight. So annoyed with myself. xx

Aww bless you, no need to be lonely on here though hun!

Ah, I thought that might have been the case with the cake mixture lol! Today's a new day and it sounds like you're doing good! xxx

Well, I was doing good sammy, but see my earlier post :( I could cry. xx

Good morning hun,
I'm just having a very quick catch up as not been on your diary for a few days.
it sounds like you're doing fab and I'm sure the scales will tell you that when you get on them.xx

Morning, thanks. Well I wish I was but unfortunately not. Once this weekend is done with I am getting on it 100%. I refuse to be this big when I go on holiday in august and it's creeping up on me. xxx

Morning hun x
Hope yesterday continued being 100% :eek:
Just a quick hello before getting LO ready for the day, feel so lazy today though, I'd happily go bk to bed, big bowl of haribo & plenty of chick flicks! Think it's going to b 1 of those dragging days today!!
Hv a good morning hun x L x

Morning. Unfortunately not. I could cry today I feel so sh**. Sounds like you'll be having a lovely day. Can I come join you. I love duvet days with sweeties and movies. xxx

Morning, nice to have you back. Well I wish I could say a stone has gone. Looks like it's gone back on in less than a fortnight. So annoyed with myself. xx

Well, I was doing good sammy, but see my earlier post :( I could cry. xx

Morning, thanks. Well I wish I was but unfortunately not. Once this weekend is done with I am getting on it 100%. I refuse to be this big when I go on holiday in august and it's creeping up on me. xxx

Morning. Unfortunately not. I could cry today I feel so sh**. Sounds like you'll be having a lovely day. Can I come join you. I love duvet days with sweeties and movies. xxx

Oh hun what's up???
Feeling poop here too, stupidly got on scales even tho wi not til Sat, it's raining out, & I've got work until 6 after lunch :(
How come ur feeling so crappy? x L x

Just read ur morning post hun x I'm due on too which is prob why I've put some of my detox loss weight bk on-just in 1 day!!
It's heartbreaking to think you've put on almost a stone in less than 2 weeks, but from what I've read hun I do think it's the sugar in ur diet? So hard I can imagine in ur line of work, but after the weekend I think you should try going a week with as little as u can possibly manage...? See if it helps? Substitute bananas in stead?

Don't give up hun, just think it could b worse if ur not following a plan? Enjoy this weekend & the wedding hun, but c Monday as a new "fresh start". Could u try a 48 hr detox??

Remember where here if u need a moan or a virtual hug hun x try to hv a good day x L x

Just read ur morning post hun x I'm due on too which is prob why I've put some of my detox loss weight bk on-just in 1 day!!
It's heartbreaking to think you've put on almost a stone in less than 2 weeks, but from what I've read hun I do think it's the sugar in ur diet? So hard I can imagine in ur line of work, but after the weekend I think you should try going a week with as little as u can possibly manage...? See if it helps? Substitute bananas in stead?

Don't give up hun, just think it could b worse if ur not following a plan? Enjoy this weekend & the wedding hun, but c Monday as a new "fresh start". Could u try a 48 hr detox??

Remember where here if u need a moan or a virtual hug hun x try to hv a good day x L x

I know. I could cry. I don't understand though. if I'm sticking to 1,200 regardless of the sugar I should still be losing shouldn't I? To be fair, a couple of weeks ago I did have a really good week (cut the chocolate out except for alpen light bars) and I lost nearly 4lbs so you might be right! Definetely. I'm going to try and cut it out or at least limit it! Which things do you think I need to cut out?

I'm going to start afresh on monday, I need to lose this weight! And I can always have chocolate after I'm at target! How does your 48hour detoxes work?

Thanks. You've made me feel a bit better but I was just gutted when I sae that number on the scales. xxx

I know. I could cry. I don't understand though. if I'm sticking to 1,200 regardless of the sugar I should still be losing shouldn't I? To be fair, a couple of weeks ago I did have a really good week (cut the chocolate out except for alpen light bars) and I lost nearly 4lbs so you might be right! Definetely. I'm going to try and cut it out or at least limit it! Which things do you think I need to cut out?

I'm going to start afresh on monday, I need to lose this weight! And I can always have chocolate after I'm at target! How does your 48hour detoxes work?

Thanks. You've made me feel a bit better but I was just gutted when I sae that number on the scales. xxx

Hi hun x
That's what's deceptive, although sugar can b included in our calories, it has such a negative affect on our bodies, and we begin to crave it. What's even worse is that it's technically "fat free" e.g marshmallow, but our bodies soon converts the sugar to fat, usually clinging to our tummies!!. It sounds silly now looking bk on it, but at uni I had a big sugar problem-eating sweets breakfast, lunch & supper, ridiculous. I'm lucky I didn't develop diabetes. I now cut it out completely, but get caught up in it at times e.g biscuits last week. It then affects my weight & mood drastically.

If u lost 4lbs once hun, I think u should try again & c if it is affecting ur weight?
The detox is really simple-basically just fruit, veg, water & herbal teas/lemon the whole time. Sounds drastic, but I'm never hungry! Typical detox plan 4 me:
B: fresh fruit salad
Cup of tea (ur allowed 2 during the day)
L: huge fresh veg salad-tiny bit of fat free dressing allowed
S: homemade ratatoullie: loads of veg, fresh tomatoes, herbs.
Snack all day on fruit, LOTS of water!! :D

Enjoy ur weekend though hun, u need it. Think about it after you're bk hun x L x

Been thinking about your weight gain - if you want to lose a lb you have to eat 3500 cals less per week so to gain that much weight think how many extra it would have to be on top of 2000 you would eat to maintain. Do you really think you ate that much more??
If I drink a bottle of wine one evening I don't get weighed for 3 days because I can gain 2lbs overnight but it will have disappeared by then.

Funnily enough this morning I told my OH to hide the scales because I was on them every morning and my day was ruled by what it said so I am only getting weighed on Wednesday and NO other day. Don't get too despondent - you were doing so well - carry on with it - on wards and downwards :)

Back