Calorie Counting Diary - Mini Goals

Hi hun x
That's what's deceptive, although sugar can b included in our calories, it has such a negative affect on our bodies, and we begin to crave it. What's even worse is that it's technically "fat free" e.g marshmallow, but our bodies soon converts the sugar to fat, usually clinging to our tummies!!. It sounds silly now looking bk on it, but at uni I had a big sugar problem-eating sweets breakfast, lunch & supper, ridiculous. I'm lucky I didn't develop diabetes. I now cut it out completely, but get caught up in it at times e.g biscuits last week. It then affects my weight & mood drastically.

If u lost 4lbs once hun, I think u should try again & c if it is affecting ur weight?
The detox is really simple-basically just fruit, veg, water & herbal teas/lemon the whole time. Sounds drastic, but I'm never hungry! Typical detox plan 4 me:
B: fresh fruit salad
Cup of tea (ur allowed 2 during the day)
L: huge fresh veg salad-tiny bit of fat free dressing allowed
S: homemade ratatoullie: loads of veg, fresh tomatoes, herbs.
Snack all day on fruit, LOTS of water!! :D

Enjoy ur weekend though hun, u need it. Think about it after you're bk hun x L x

Sent from my ST23i using MiniMins.com mobile app

That does make sense. I definetely know what you mean about it affecting your mood. I feel so much better when I don't eat it. But for the 5 seconds that it lasts while I'm eating it, it's amazing lol.

Yes, I think you might be right! It's not worth it! I want to be skinny! I think also, I am better having none at all than trying to have a bit. Today so far I've had an apple, carrot and cucumber sticks & 2 hot chocolates but no proper chocolate and I feel fine. Not even bothered about the chocolate. Yet if I had a small square of dairy milk now I would literally not stop thinking of chocolate all afternoon.

Detox sounds good. I think I would be fine during the day, I think it would be the night that I would struggle. Could I maybe do a big bowl of stir fried veggies with a tiny bit of soy sauce?
I always drink a lot of water anyway. Always over 2 litres so that's good at least lol.

Thank you! I'm looking forward to it and nice food! Going to finish today and try and be good (will still weigh in tomorrow) and then have my nice weekend (be good on saturday though) and then straight back to it on monday for weigh in next saturday! Thanks for the advice. It really helps. xxx

Been thinking about your weight gain - if you want to lose a lb you have to eat 3500 cals less per week so to gain that much weight think how many extra it would have to be on top of 2000 you would eat to maintain. Do you really think you ate that much more??
If I drink a bottle of wine one evening I don't get weighed for 3 days because I can gain 2lbs overnight but it will have disappeared by then.

Funnily enough this morning I told my OH to hide the scales because I was on them every morning and my day was ruled by what it said so I am only getting weighed on Wednesday and NO other day. Don't get too despondent - you were doing so well - carry on with it - on wards and downwards :)

I know. That's the thing! There's no way I could have overeaten by that much. I don't know what's going on!! Fingers crossed when I weigh in tomorrow I may have got rid of some of it lol. It's so hard damn it.

I'm going to carry on regardless and get back to it 100% after the weddings at the weekend. Thanks for the encouragement! :D xxxx

More hugs coming your way hun. I can understand how upsetting it must have been seeing the reading on the scales this morning but are you sure they are correct, are they reliable? Also, if you are due on then we can retain several pounds of water at that time you know? Please don't let this dishearten you as you've been doing amazingly well and you will do so again. I agree that you should just enjoy your weekend and then see Monday as a completely new start. You have a lot of support on here so don't forget that if you need us :) xxxx

More hugs coming your way hun. I can understand how upsetting it must have been seeing the reading on the scales this morning but are you sure they are correct, are they reliable? Also, if you are due on then we can retain several pounds of water at that time you know? Please don't let this dishearten you as you've been doing amazingly well and you will do so again. I agree that you should just enjoy your weekend and then see Monday as a completely new start. You have a lot of support on here so don't forget that if you need us :) xxxx

You're so lovely. You have made me smile twice in 2 messages! Well, I think they're reliable (hopefully not and I'm actually 8stone hahahaha!) But yeah, they're usually pretty accutate. And really? That's good. Hopefully I will shift a few then. It also didn't help that I hadn't been to the toilet in like 3 days (TMI I know lol) so hopefully I haven't put quite as much on as it said. We will see tomorrow. Weighing in before the weddings and then will be weighing in next saturday so we will see how I go.

I'm not disheartened. It's actually making me feel quite motivated. I'm stubborn and refuse to stay this weight! If I want to change it only I can! Fingers crossed I'm good tonight! I'll come on quickly in the morning if I have time before the wedding and let you know what the scales say. Thanks so much for all your support. I'm so glad I found Minimins. It's such a big help. I've never stayed on a diet this long (even though i haven't lost that much/any depending on the scales tomorrow lol) and I really think it's because of this site. I can't just give up and leave all my mini friends! :D xxxx

That does make sense. I definetely know what you mean about it affecting your mood. I feel so much better when I don't eat it. But for the 5 seconds that it lasts while I'm eating it, it's amazing lol.

Yes, I think you might be right! It's not worth it! I want to be skinny! I think also, I am better having none at all than trying to have a bit. Today so far I've had an apple, carrot and cucumber sticks & 2 hot chocolates but no proper chocolate and I feel fine. Not even bothered about the chocolate. Yet if I had a small square of dairy milk now I would literally not stop thinking of chocolate all afternoon.

Detox sounds good. I think I would be fine during the day, I think it would be the night that I would struggle. Could I maybe do a big bowl of stir fried veggies with a tiny bit of soy sauce?
I always drink a lot of water anyway. Always over 2 litres so that's good at least lol.

I'm going to carry on regardless and get back to it 100% after the weddings at the weekend. Thanks for the encouragement! :D xxxx

Evening hun x
Well done from staying away from the sugar :eek: it's hard, if ur like me there r times where I fantasize about liquorice allsorts! But I remind myself of the syns and then hv a banana to get me thru :eek:

Detox-wise, I get my guidelines from LMNl so she's the 1 to check with, but a stir fry is definitely something I do but don't use soy sauce, I'm not sure its allowed due to the salt? I just use water & herbs.

Wi tomorrow for u....whatever the scales say hun, if it's not as good as u expect, don't let it get to u-c it as a challenge! :eek: hv a good weekend, let ur hair down, then come bk fighting on Monday! Even try a detox? I really hv faith u'll turn it around hun, minus the chocolate maybe, c if it affects wi?

Make sure ur on tomorrow morning, let us know how wi goes x L x

Hey sorry butting in the above poster is right about the wine tho on a naughty night will gain 2 pounds! 1 if I am lucky! I am maintaining so it's not so bad for me myfitnesspal says I can consume a fair amount of calories just to maintain!! I am a naughty weigher too I weigh myself everyday I also chart it on some weigh diary app!! ;p

Sent from my D2005 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Afternoon Kirsty :),

Just popped by to wish u good luck ahead of weigh in, hope u do smashing hun ! :D

Kay xx

Evening hun x
Well done from staying away from the sugar :eek: it's hard, if ur like me there r times where I fantasize about liquorice allsorts! But I remind myself of the syns and then hv a banana to get me thru :eek:

Detox-wise, I get my guidelines from LMNl so she's the 1 to check with, but a stir fry is definitely something I do but don't use soy sauce, I'm not sure its allowed due to the salt? I just use water & herbs.

Wi tomorrow for u....whatever the scales say hun, if it's not as good as u expect, don't let it get to u-c it as a challenge! :eek: hv a good weekend, let ur hair down, then come bk fighting on Monday! Even try a detox? I really hv faith u'll turn it around hun, minus the chocolate maybe, c if it affects wi?

Make sure ur on tomorrow morning, let us know how wi goes x L x

Morning, well, I lost 2lbs but wasn't even happy because i was still 12 stone when I had been 11.4. So annoying. Back though with a vengeance and plan on being as good as possible in June. I've come to work with a plain salad and 2 apples so we will see how I go! Still having my hot choccies but no other sugar. And then going to have a healthy tea I think. Not a hardcore detox, although I may try the 48hour one on thursday and friday for weigh in on sat. xxxx

Hey sorry butting in the above poster is right about the wine tho on a naughty night will gain 2 pounds! 1 if I am lucky! I am maintaining so it's not so bad for me myfitnesspal says I can consume a fair amount of calories just to maintain!! I am a naughty weigher too I weigh myself everyday I also chart it on some weigh diary app!! ;p

Sent from my D2005 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi, thanks steff. I know. Wine is the devil! lol. xxxx

Afternoon Kirsty :),

Just popped by to wish u good luck ahead of weigh in, hope u do smashing hun ! :D

Kay xx

Thanks Kay!!! xxx

Tuesday 27th May

Breakfast: Low cal Hot chocolate (46cals)
Dinner: Salad (lettuce, cucumber, pepper, red onion. No meat or dressing) Alpen light lemon drizzle bar, apple - (220cals)
Tea: Fish in breadcrumbs with a small jacket potato and heinz, 1 extra light laughing cow triangle (581cals)
Snacks: 2 low cal hot chocolates, 200g strawberries, 1 chocolate digestive - (235cals)

Total - 1,080 calories

Under for the first time in ages. Woo hoo! Hope it helps with the scales on sat after my boozy, foody weekend! Haven't cut all the choc out but definetely an Improvement I guess! lol xxxx

Well done on the low cal day Kirsty :p, your doing brill hun and I hope you see a good loss on the scales. Your tea sounds lush and is making me hungry ! :D

Kay xx

Well done on the low cal day Kirsty :p, your doing brill hun and I hope you see a good loss on the scales. Your tea sounds lush and is making me hungry ! :D

Kay xx

Hi Kay!! I miss you :cry: How are you doing?! My tea was super yummy, even though it was really simple I really enjoyed it. Lamb chops tonight! Nom nom. Hope you're ok xxxx

I've just had a look back through my diary at when I managed to lose almost 4lb a few weeks back so that has really motivated me. I can do this! I'm not expecting any great losses after my extremely naughty weekend so just hope the scales are back in the 11's, if they are in the 12's I will seriously cry! I want to be back down to 11.4/11.5 in the next few weeks even though that's not likely that's what I'm aiming for because that's how quickly I put it on lol. And I really want to lose it for my holidays! xxxx

I've just had a look back through my diary at when I managed to lose almost 4lb a few weeks back so that has really motivated me. I can do this! I'm not expecting any great losses after my extremely naughty weekend so just hope the scales are back in the 11's, if they are in the 12's I will seriously cry! I want to be back down to 11.4/11.5 in the next few weeks even though that's not likely that's what I'm aiming for because that's how quickly I put it on lol. And I really want to lose it for my holidays! xxxx

Morning hun x it's always good to look back and remind ourselves that we can do this! I'm bk on plan today, thank goodness, but not weighing in this sat, I know the gain will put me bk.
Where ru off on hols?? Always good to hv the added motivation :D
Hv a good day hun x L x

Morning hun x it's always good to look back and remind ourselves that we can do this! I'm bk on plan today, thank goodness, but not weighing in this sat, I know the gain will put me bk.
Where ru off on hols?? Always good to hv the added motivation :D
Hv a good day hun x L x

I know. I don't know what's wrong with me. Got home last night and then just gave up. Don't think it helps that it's TOTM and I just feel minging but even still I'm annoyed with myself. My holidays are creeping up on me and before I know it they will be here, and I'll still be fat! I've got 12 weeks to go and would love to be down to 10 stone by the time I go away. That's 28lbs though. Would have been a lot less if I hadn't cocked up the last few weeks and put it all back on. I'm so annoyed with myself :( Do you think it's possible? We're going to alicante in spain at the end of august. I can't wait! Are you off anywhere nice? xxx

I know. I don't know what's wrong with me. Got home last night and then just gave up. Don't think it helps that it's TOTM and I just feel minging but even still I'm annoyed with myself. My holidays are creeping up on me and before I know it they will be here, and I'll still be fat! I've got 12 weeks to go and would love to be down to 10 stone by the time I go away. That's 28lbs though. Would have been a lot less if I hadn't cocked up the last few weeks and put it all back on. I'm so annoyed with myself :( Do you think it's possible? We're going to alicante in spain at the end of august. I can't wait! Are you off anywhere nice? xxx

Hi hun xx
First things first...ur not alone!! I've been exactly the same this week, eating anything and everything! Putting last few losses bk on. As u saw yesterday, I was so down, but minis is my savior, u all are x

Secondly, I hv every faith u can get bk on track x 12 weeks is a fair bit of time away, imagine just a pound loss each wk is almost a stone!! Try not to hv this "2 stone" in mind, remember we're trying to change our habits for a lifetime, not just a holiday. It's fantastic to hv a goal insight, but keep things manageable.
My advice is to create a visual chart. Hv a weekly countdown, perhaps aim for 1 to 1.5lbs a week, everything else is a bonus. Keep ur wi day to a Sat, start this week from scratch.
I was going to get bk on plan Sunday-june 1st, but woken up today in the right frame of mind so bk on it today.

Don't give up hun, we can do this. I'll b ur "countdown buddy" lol x not going anywhere abroad, but I'm 30 next month & I know my OH, parents & brother/his wife hv something planned?? X
Hv a good day hun, u know where we r xLx

Hi hun xx
First things first...ur not alone!! I've been exactly the same this week, eating anything and everything! Putting last few losses bk on. As u saw yesterday, I was so down, but minis is my savior, u all are x

Secondly, I hv every faith u can get bk on track x 12 weeks is a fair bit of time away, imagine just a pound loss each wk is almost a stone!! Try not to hv this "2 stone" in mind, remember we're trying to change our habits for a lifetime, not just a holiday. It's fantastic to hv a goal insight, but keep things manageable.
My advice is to create a visual chart. Hv a weekly countdown, perhaps aim for 1 to 1.5lbs a week, everything else is a bonus. Keep ur wi day to a Sat, start this week from scratch.
I was going to get bk on plan Sunday-june 1st, but woken up today in the right frame of mind so bk on it today.

Don't give up hun, we can do this. I'll b ur "countdown buddy" lol x not going anywhere abroad, but I'm 30 next month & I know my OH, parents & brother/his wife hv something planned?? X
Hv a good day hun, u know where we r xLx

I know. I just feel like such a failure today. I know, minis is great when you're feeling down isn't it.

Aw. Thanks. I feel so fat and horrible today. Yes, I know what you mean. It definetely is a lifestyle change and I don't just want to be slim for my holidays, want to be slim all the time, but just really don't want to feel minging on holiday in a bikini. I was doing so well and just feel like I've ruined it. It has taken me months to lose almost a stone, and within a few weeks I put it back on. I'm so upset :cry: I might just do that, create an excel spreadsheet that I can update every week. I also really think exercise will help. I just hate it though lol. But going to have to do something!

That would be great to have a countdown buddy! lol. Aw, that sounds lovely!!! Hope it's something nice and special planned for you. xxx

Aww Kirsty :hug99:big hugs,

Sorry you've been feeling down hun about your weight. You know me, I'm only going to focus on the positives so here goes ! :D

- You are the same girl that lost a stone in a month so you can do it again.

- Don't let that number on the scale today, limit you to what you can achieve tomorrow.

- I agree making the spreadsheet is a wonderful idea, I have one too and I go on it daily to keep me focused. Do a chart right up to the date for your holiday so you can log your progress towards your goal.

- Keep coming on mins for support especially on days when your just not feeling it, talking things through really helps us get our focus back.

- Do a for and against list, this is something we do in slimming world and is a really helpful tool. Sometimes in the middle of our journey we lose our motivation so its good to remind ourselves of why we are doing this. Make a list of all the reasons why you want to do this for yourself and then reasons of what's stopping you and if you stay the same how life will be. It's a real eye opener, most of us carry this in our head everyday but when you look back at it on paper, it really hits home.

- Set yourself mini goals. Rather than focus on 28lbs and say `I am 2 stones away' break it down into achievable goals. I always focus on lbs and not stones, it really helps. Set yourself a realistic target that you can achieve weekly. If you set it too high then u will feel like u have failed and it will cause u to binge some more. Allow yourself to get your momentum back, it will not happen in a day. Even if its a pound a week, I know your thinking oh god that's not enough but believe me you will build yourself back to 4lbs a week because you have achieved that in the past. Just don't expect to go from eating loads of food to a 4lbs loss straight away, I'm not saying it can't happen but its important to give our bodies time to ease into the plan and eating less.

- Treat Yourself before you restart :D. I know u must think I'm crazy but this trick really works. You must be thinking you've been eating loads and she's telling me to eat again? Yes I am. Just before a restart, its good to give yourself a treat day to get everything out of your system before a fresh start. This way you won't feel deprived and you will last longer and stick with the plan. On this day have a bit of what you fancy but in moderation, don't go crazy either lol. This will be the day before you start. Some people may not feel comfortable having naughty food a day before their restart so another alternative if you feel you don't want to do that is to have a non food pampering day, get your nails done or buy a nice new outfit :). Your restart has to come from a positive happy place. That is so important to your future success. If you are starting from a point where you are saying your not good enough and you've failed, ofcourse you'll run out of steam to keep yourself motivated and keep going. So go on do something nice for yourself and love yourself all over again ! :D

- `The More You Drink The More You Shrink ' - yes I live by this mantra ! Water, water and more water. Not only does it play a huge part in weightloss but its fab for the skin, hair and nails ! and us girls all need that :p. I know you did the challenges with me for a few days and some of the others that did it took away some positive elements from them and have incorporated it into their daily routine. All of my challenges focus on drinking huge amounts of water for weightloss and it really helps. Try and up your water intake to a minimum of 2 litres a day. Its great for flushing toxins out of your body and being hydrated all the time means your body will not hold onto water and you will not have bloating .

- Exercise, I am not a big fan like yourself. I think the key is finding something u enjoy. Although I don't mind the gym, I prefer casual walks. Even a 30 minute walk to your work every other day will help with your losses and that's just 2 or 3 times a week. Again don't think u have to start hitting the gym 5 days a week, especially if your like me who doesn't like exercise. It's important that you enjoy your journey too. You don't want to be at the gym and feel miserable. If you enjoy it well and good, but there are a lot of people out there like u and me that are not huge fans of exercise so I find what they do is walk to work and try and incorporate it into their daily lives that way. In slimming world they tell us that 70% of loss comes from diet and 30% from exercise. I am in no way saying exercise is not important, it is and a healthy lifestyle should have both, but my point is if you have a stressful week and don't manage exercise you will still lose weight through diet alone.

- Buddy up with some pals. Try and find someone on mins who has the same goals as you to lose 2 stone by your holiday. That way you can keep each other going and motivated and you will relate to them more because you have the same amount to lose and are working to a similar time scale.

- Inspiration Board - this ones not for you its for me :D. I thought I'd share it with you. I posted about this on my diary for all my mins friends recently. Its a great motivation tool. I'm currently making a vision board or call it inspiration board. A vision board is a board with lots of little pictures of your dreams and what you want to achieve (bit like p*nterest) but this one you can hang up on your wall . The idea behind it is if you are constantly visualising your dream you will allow it to manifest and become a reality. Its good to surround yourself with positive thoughts, quotes, pictures, music anything that lifts your spirits and puts u in a good mood :p. I know to some this might sound like psycho babble lol :D but it depends if your a believer, I am ;).

I hope you will find the above useful, please take it as some humble friendly advice, it is in no way a lecture. I am always here for you whenever you want to talk, or you can pm me anytime. I think you are an amazing lady Kirsty and I know and believe you will achieve your goal ! :):)

Kay xx

Well you have had some amazing advice from Kay and Ellejay so there's not much for me to add really except to say I agree about not focusing too much on the overall amount you want to lose, think of smaller goals to reach. I will be here for you Kirsty as the other girls will be so you have great support and you do have tremendous willpower so I know you can do this. Big hugs and I hope you have a great day today and manage to stay within your calories. You can do it hun xxxxx

Back