Calorie Counting Diary - Mini Goals

Morning hun x how are you feeling today? xLx

Sent from my SM-T310 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Aww Kirsty :hug99:big hugs,

Sorry you've been feeling down hun about your weight. You know me, I'm only going to focus on the positives so here goes ! :D

- You are the same girl that lost a stone in a month so you can do it again.

- Don't let that number on the scale today, limit you to what you can achieve tomorrow.

- I agree making the spreadsheet is a wonderful idea, I have one too and I go on it daily to keep me focused. Do a chart right up to the date for your holiday so you can log your progress towards your goal.

- Keep coming on mins for support especially on days when your just not feeling it, talking things through really helps us get our focus back.

- Do a for and against list, this is something we do in slimming world and is a really helpful tool. Sometimes in the middle of our journey we lose our motivation so its good to remind ourselves of why we are doing this. Make a list of all the reasons why you want to do this for yourself and then reasons of what's stopping you and if you stay the same how life will be. It's a real eye opener, most of us carry this in our head everyday but when you look back at it on paper, it really hits home.

- Set yourself mini goals. Rather than focus on 28lbs and say `I am 2 stones away' break it down into achievable goals. I always focus on lbs and not stones, it really helps. Set yourself a realistic target that you can achieve weekly. If you set it too high then u will feel like u have failed and it will cause u to binge some more. Allow yourself to get your momentum back, it will not happen in a day. Even if its a pound a week, I know your thinking oh god that's not enough but believe me you will build yourself back to 4lbs a week because you have achieved that in the past. Just don't expect to go from eating loads of food to a 4lbs loss straight away, I'm not saying it can't happen but its important to give our bodies time to ease into the plan and eating less.

- Treat Yourself before you restart :D. I know u must think I'm crazy but this trick really works. You must be thinking you've been eating loads and she's telling me to eat again? Yes I am. Just before a restart, its good to give yourself a treat day to get everything out of your system before a fresh start. This way you won't feel deprived and you will last longer and stick with the plan. On this day have a bit of what you fancy but in moderation, don't go crazy either lol. This will be the day before you start. Some people may not feel comfortable having naughty food a day before their restart so another alternative if you feel you don't want to do that is to have a non food pampering day, get your nails done or buy a nice new outfit :). Your restart has to come from a positive happy place. That is so important to your future success. If you are starting from a point where you are saying your not good enough and you've failed, ofcourse you'll run out of steam to keep yourself motivated and keep going. So go on do something nice for yourself and love yourself all over again ! :D

- `The More You Drink The More You Shrink ' - yes I live by this mantra ! Water, water and more water. Not only does it play a huge part in weightloss but its fab for the skin, hair and nails ! and us girls all need that :p. I know you did the challenges with me for a few days and some of the others that did it took away some positive elements from them and have incorporated it into their daily routine. All of my challenges focus on drinking huge amounts of water for weightloss and it really helps. Try and up your water intake to a minimum of 2 litres a day. Its great for flushing toxins out of your body and being hydrated all the time means your body will not hold onto water and you will not have bloating .

- Exercise, I am not a big fan like yourself. I think the key is finding something u enjoy. Although I don't mind the gym, I prefer casual walks. Even a 30 minute walk to your work every other day will help with your losses and that's just 2 or 3 times a week. Again don't think u have to start hitting the gym 5 days a week, especially if your like me who doesn't like exercise. It's important that you enjoy your journey too. You don't want to be at the gym and feel miserable. If you enjoy it well and good, but there are a lot of people out there like u and me that are not huge fans of exercise so I find what they do is walk to work and try and incorporate it into their daily lives that way. In slimming world they tell us that 70% of loss comes from diet and 30% from exercise. I am in no way saying exercise is not important, it is and a healthy lifestyle should have both, but my point is if you have a stressful week and don't manage exercise you will still lose weight through diet alone.

- Buddy up with some pals. Try and find someone on mins who has the same goals as you to lose 2 stone by your holiday. That way you can keep each other going and motivated and you will relate to them more because you have the same amount to lose and are working to a similar time scale.

- Inspiration Board - this ones not for you its for me :D. I thought I'd share it with you. I posted about this on my diary for all my mins friends recently. Its a great motivation tool. I'm currently making a vision board or call it inspiration board. A vision board is a board with lots of little pictures of your dreams and what you want to achieve (bit like p*nterest) but this one you can hang up on your wall . The idea behind it is if you are constantly visualising your dream you will allow it to manifest and become a reality. Its good to surround yourself with positive thoughts, quotes, pictures, music anything that lifts your spirits and puts u in a good mood :p. I know to some this might sound like psycho babble lol :D but it depends if your a believer, I am ;).

I hope you will find the above useful, please take it as some humble friendly advice, it is in no way a lecture. I am always here for you whenever you want to talk, or you can pm me anytime. I think you are an amazing lady Kirsty and I know and believe you will achieve your goal ! :):)

Kay xx

Thank you so much for your wonderful advice Kay. It was really lovely to come on and see it. And It's really going to help me! I definetely don't see it as a lecture at all!!! :D Really missing your diary!! I'll have to get posting some more so I can rejoin you. I have decided to take your advise, I'm having a relaxed day today, although not going crazy, out for tea tonight I think and then start again properly tomorrow. I will do this! I'm feeling very focused!

And I'm definetely going to up the exercise. Do you have any advice on the best exercise to do to boost weight loss?

How are you getting on??! xxxxx

Well you have had some amazing advice from Kay and Ellejay so there's not much for me to add really except to say I agree about not focusing too much on the overall amount you want to lose, think of smaller goals to reach. I will be here for you Kirsty as the other girls will be so you have great support and you do have tremendous willpower so I know you can do this. Big hugs and I hope you have a great day today and manage to stay within your calories. You can do it hun xxxxx

Thanks Sammy! Can't wait for June Sammy so we can kick butt together! I definetely lost it better when I had your daily support! :) I start again properly tomorrow and then you do on monday or tuesday don't you? Can't wait!!xxxx

Morning hun x how are you feeling today? xLx

Hi Elle, Feeling a bit more positive today. Don't think it helps I'm on so feeling over emotional and bloated and fat but definetely feeling better than I was. Having a relaxed day today but not going crazy. Will weigh in tomorrow and then time to kick butt! Saturday I'm at work all day so going to do a detox day with only fruit and veg. Going to try and have a really healthy week! No processed or artificial stuff at all. And.... no hot chocolates! Fingers crossed it really helps kick start my weight loss again and we will see how I get on with no sugar! Thanks for all your support and help. How you getting on? xxxx

Thank you so much for your wonderful advice Kay. It was really lovely to come on and see it. And It's really going to help me! I definetely don't see it as a lecture at all!!! :D Really missing your diary!! I'll have to get posting some more so I can rejoin you. I have decided to take your advise, I'm having a relaxed day today, although not going crazy, out for tea tonight I think and then start again properly tomorrow. I will do this! I'm feeling very focused!

And I'm definetely going to up the exercise. Do you have any advice on the best exercise to do to boost weight loss?

How are you getting on??! xxxxx

Aww your welcome anytime lovely :):). I'm glad your taking some `me' time out for yourself. It really is important to love yourself all over again. The start of any journey has to come from a happy place for Success. In terms of exercise hun, there are lots but its important to do something that you enjoy and that also fits in with your lifestyle so that your not quiting after 3 days because it clashes with your schedule. Gyms are always good, most of them have classes that you can join like zumba etc. Me personally, I am not a fan of classes, when I go gym I prefer to use the machines and have a solo workout.

For fat burning, it is important to mix cardio with strength training. So maybe some running in your workout and weights. There are also lots of exercise videos on youtube which are great to follow. At your local gym, try and book an induction session with a personal trainer, they are free and they will be able to guide you better with what exercises will work for your body type. I had my induction and they ask you what your goal is and I told them weightloss, so they will tell u what machines in the gym are good to use, how long to go on them and what speed u should be aiming for. They will also tell u what classes are suited to your needs and design exercises that you can do daily to achieve your target, they will even look over your food plan for you which is fabulous. I would really recommend that you book a free induction with a personal trainer, it will really help you hun :).

I am doing ok, I am on week 2 of my Salad Challenge, there are 6 girls joining this week so I am delighted :D, I hope we all see a smashing loss. My weigh in day has changed to Thursday mornings, I was booked as hols this week so will be weighed after 2 weeks. I'm hoping for a 3.5lb loss to get my gain off and get my 4 stone award back. I've only just got back in the zone after weeks of gains, it is hard sometimes I can relate to what your going through.

I hope the above has helped hun. Enjoy the rest of your day lovely ! :)

Kay xx

Hi Elle, Feeling a bit more positive today. Don't think it helps I'm on so feeling over emotional and bloated and fat but definetely feeling better than I was. Having a relaxed day today but not going crazy. Will weigh in tomorrow and then time to kick butt! Saturday I'm at work all day so going to do a detox day with only fruit and veg. Going to try and have a really healthy week! No processed or artificial stuff at all. And.... no hot chocolates! Fingers crossed it really helps kick start my weight loss again and we will see how I get on with no sugar! Thanks for all your support and help. How you getting on? xxxx

Hi hun x
That's a great frame of mind to b in, relax today, wi tomorrow, and like you said-kick butt fron then onwards! :D
A week of super healthy will b a challenge hun, for me anyway lol 48hrs I can cope with, but wud miss my 2 sweeteners in my tea more than anything :eek: I'll b eager to hear how you go without ur hot choc? Perhaps try homemade version with fresh milk & organic cocoa powder-from health food shops?
Im due on too so feeling ravenous today & yesterday, but being bk on sw plan means I'm coping well, eating plenty of free food & using up some syns :eek: treating ourselves to fish & chips tomorrow night, 1st time since I was pregnant 3 yrs ago! Feel I need it before my mission to attack things from Sunday onwards :D

Have you got a busy weekend ahead hun? Wedding season's underway so I'm sure ur rushed of ur feet baking :eek:
Off to a friend's tonight for a couple of drinks, won't b a late one though xLx

Hi hun x
That's a great frame of mind to b in, relax today, wi tomorrow, and like you said-kick butt fron then onwards! :D
A week of super healthy will b a challenge hun, for me anyway lol 48hrs I can cope with, but wud miss my 2 sweeteners in my tea more than anything :eek: I'll b eager to hear how you go without ur hot choc? Perhaps try homemade version with fresh milk & organic cocoa powder-from health food shops?
Im due on too so feeling ravenous today & yesterday, but being bk on sw plan means I'm coping well, eating plenty of free food & using up some syns :eek: treating ourselves to fish & chips tomorrow night, 1st time since I was pregnant 3 yrs ago! Feel I need it before my mission to attack things from Sunday onwards :D

Have you got a busy weekend ahead hun? Wedding season's underway so I'm sure ur rushed of ur feet baking :eek:
Off to a friend's tonight for a couple of drinks, won't b a late one though xLx

Thanks, and yes, definetely. That's what I thought too :)

I know. I will be eager to see how I get on aswell! lol. Just going to try it for a week and see if it really helps to cut the sugar out. Could do with a boost for my 1st week back on it 100%.

Oooh!!! Fish & Chips. Yum!!!! Could just eat them.

Yes, very busy weekend!!! Mass order for a cafe with vanilla cupcakes, chocolate cupcakes, chocolate dipped shortbread, brownies, rocky road, and then a birthday cake, working on saturday for a mobile catering company then working on sunday for the cafe. 1 full time job, 2 part time jobs and a cake business. What is wrong with me?! lol. How about you? Anything nice planned? Drinks with friends tonight sounds nice, what about the rest of weekend? xxxx

Aww your welcome anytime lovely :):). I'm glad your taking some `me' time out for yourself. It really is important to love yourself all over again. The start of any journey has to come from a happy place for Success. In terms of exercise hun, there are lots but its important to do something that you enjoy and that also fits in with your lifestyle so that your not quiting after 3 days because it clashes with your schedule. Gyms are always good, most of them have classes that you can join like zumba etc. Me personally, I am not a fan of classes, when I go gym I prefer to use the machines and have a solo workout.

For fat burning, it is important to mix cardio with strength training. So maybe some running in your workout and weights. There are also lots of exercise videos on youtube which are great to follow. At your local gym, try and book an induction session with a personal trainer, they are free and they will be able to guide you better with what exercises will work for your body type. I had my induction and they ask you what your goal is and I told them weightloss, so they will tell u what machines in the gym are good to use, how long to go on them and what speed u should be aiming for. They will also tell u what classes are suited to your needs and design exercises that you can do daily to achieve your target, they will even look over your food plan for you which is fabulous. I would really recommend that you book a free induction with a personal trainer, it will really help you hun :).

I am doing ok, I am on week 2 of my Salad Challenge, there are 6 girls joining this week so I am delighted :D, I hope we all see a smashing loss. My weigh in day has changed to Thursday mornings, I was booked as hols this week so will be weighed after 2 weeks. I'm hoping for a 3.5lb loss to get my gain off and get my 4 stone award back. I've only just got back in the zone after weeks of gains, it is hard sometimes I can relate to what your going through.

I hope the above has helped hun. Enjoy the rest of your day lovely ! :)

Kay xx

Aw thank you!! And thank you so much for all your wonderful advice! I'm not sure how I feel about the gym, I used to be member but worry I wouldn't stick with it and when it's sunny outside I would rather be out and about or horse riding etc so not sure I would go. I'm thinking I should start getting up on a morning before work and going running, it would be a really good, healthy start to the day, even if I only start doing it 2 or 3 times a week and see how I go it would be better than nothing. And I could try and go a little further everytime. I've heard a lot of people talking about the C25k app so may have to give that a try too. And I have my netball on a wednesday when cakes don't get in the way. Fresh start tomorrow, so fingers crossed. I've made my spreadsheet with my targets so hoping I can stay really motivated!

Aw wow. Well done! Aw, good luck for thursday, I'm sure you will do smashing!!! You always do on your fab challenges! And I know what you mean, I feel like I've just gained and gained for ages even though it's only been 2 weeks! So looking forward to getting back on it. I can sacrifice a few months of nice food and chocolate/sugar if it means I can get my weight down for my jollys, and then I can carry on after my holidays and lose a bit more and then work on maintaining it. Hopefully!

Thanks for all your advice!!! It really helps xxxx

Morning Kirsty :p, how are you lovely ? Guess what I'm thinking of moving my diary back lol. Had a few pms from some of my mins friends that want to keep in touch and I miss them too on my diary, you included :) so thinking might put it back. The sun is shinning here so hoping to go for a walk later. I hope you've got some of your mojo back hun, how u feeling today ? xx

So, I weighed in on Saturday at 12.5. How is that even possible. :(

Anyway, got back on it properly on Saturday and ready to kick butt in June.

Saturday 31st May

Breakfast - None
Dinner - 2 boiled eggs with 2 tbsp lighter than light mayo, Salad (lettuce, cucumber, pepper, red onion) & Sweetcorn (292cals)
Tea - 80g salmon, 100g prawns (258cals)
Snacks - 2 bananas, 20 pomegranite seeds, 2 strawberries (198cals), 100g grapes (66cals)

Total - 814 calories

Sunday 1st June

Breakfast - 220g grapes (143cals)
Dinner - 30g Cornflakes with semi skimmed milk (162cals)
Tea - Chicken breast baked in foil with 30g bbq sauce, Salad, sweetcorn, boiled new potatoes, 30g red leicester (598cals)
Snacks - 2 apples (160 cals)

Total - 1,063 calories

So not doing too bad so far with my reduced sugar/chocolate week! xxxx

Morning Kirsty :p, how are you lovely ? Guess what I'm thinking of moving my diary back lol. Had a few pms from some of my mins friends that want to keep in touch and I miss them too on my diary, you included :) so thinking might put it back. The sun is shinning here so hoping to go for a walk later. I hope you've got some of your mojo back hun, how u feeling today ? xx

Morning! I'm ok but sooo sleepy! Had such a busy weekend with work so shattered today. How I'm going to make it to 5 I don't know :( How are you doing? Aw really!! I would love that!!! Miss your diary!!! Sun is shining here too but I'm stuck inside, fab day for a walk though, it will be lovely for you :D My mojo is back!! Feeling good, just tired!! How are you getting on with everything? xxxx

Morning! I'm ok but sooo sleepy! Had such a busy weekend with work so shattered today. How I'm going to make it to 5 I don't know :( How are you doing? Aw really!! I would love that!!! Miss your diary!!! Sun is shining here too but I'm stuck inside, fab day for a walk though, it will be lovely for you :D My mojo is back!! Feeling good, just tired!! How are you getting on with everything? xxxx

Oh no sorry your tired and didn't get enough sleep, are you at work right now ? xx

Hi Kirsty :)

I not surprised after your busy busy weekend! It sounds like you could do with a rest and bit of 'me time'.

Well we are in June now so let's see what damage we can do by the end of it eh? We need to keep focused on what we can achieve this month and not let any temptations get in the way. It looks like you have got off to a great start with food already so fingers crossed for a good loss for you this week xxx

Hi Kirsty :)

I not surprised after your busy busy weekend! It sounds like you could do with a rest and bit of 'me time'.

Well we are in June now so let's see what damage we can do by the end of it eh? We need to keep focused on what we can achieve this month and not let any temptations get in the way. It looks like you have got off to a great start with food already so fingers crossed for a good loss for you this week xxx

I know! it has been non stop work and so hard to resist all the temptations, first with the cake and buttercream, then outdoor catering, resisted everything, and then working at cafe yesterday. Resisted it all so very proud of myself!!! It wasn't even as hard as I thought it would be. And yes, could definetely do with some me time, but not happening anytime soon I'm afraid. Wedding cake to ice tonight, birthday cake tomorrow, along with my full time job. Urgh. Give me a break! :(

And yes, we need to do lots of damage and stay motivated. I have a good feeling about June Sammy. Don't let me down (no pressure!lol) xxx

Well done both of you to sticking with it :D, lets pray June is the month for all of us :p, my last weigh in was a 3.5lb gain, so May was not a good month for me. Kirsty I'm so proud of you hun for resisting all the temptations ! That is such a brill NSV moment, although working in a food environment u probably have to do that everyday so I applaud u even more. I used to work for Thorntons, the luxury chocolate shop, it was a nightmare trying to stay away from the free samples lol. Anyway I hope the rest of your day goes well lovely. Speak soon xx

It sounds like May was a bad month for us all then. Good luck with June then Kay, you'll soon have that 3.5lbs off!

Aww thanks Sammy, got my fingers crossed for all 3 of us :):):) xx

Hi hun x
Hope ur feeling a bit better this afternoon x well done for resisting so many temptations, ur a stronger woman than me!! :eek:
It's quite reassuring 2 hear that a few of us struggled in May :confused: lets all kick ass in June!!
Hv a good afternoon hun xLx

Sent from my ST23i using MiniMins.com mobile app

Back